+*+ ROSTERS +*+

Fockers

+*+ ROSTERS +*+

Post by Fockers » Mon Sep 05, 2005 6:17 am

Chicago 5

Fun draft. Nice meeting some league mates. One thing for certain, pick 14 is a tough spot...what a wait between picks! Could be a competitive team or one that packs it in early. Decided not to follow the RB run (obviously). At least I'll have fun watching it unfold!!!!! I'm ready for some FOOTBALL!!!!!!!

QB: Delhomme, Dilfer
RB: Ronnie Brown, L. Johnson, M. Faulk, Ricky Williams, R. Dayne
WR: R. Moss, T. Owens, Driver, K. Curtis, T. Glenn, M. Jones, Reggie Brown
TE: D. Clark
K: Elam
D: Da Bears, KC

TamuScarecrow

+*+ ROSTERS +*+

Post by TamuScarecrow » Mon Sep 05, 2005 6:19 am

BWazz, why would you draft a qb with a nickname that would remind you of your arch-enemy on the MB'S every week? Did this not occur to you at the time you picked him?
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ

David Wooderson

+*+ ROSTERS +*+

Post by David Wooderson » Mon Sep 05, 2005 6:23 am

Originally posted by TamuScarecrow:
quote:I would say yes. We finished 13th last year and had Michael Vick.Who was your other qb, Dave? [/QUOTE]Plummer. I would say we used Vick probably 75% of the time. And unfortunately we had Plummer on the bench in the ridiculous the game where he threw for 400+ with 5td's.

I agree that his value goes down in this league though where passing td's are worth 6, which is why we didnt want him this year.

TamuScarecrow

+*+ ROSTERS +*+

Post by TamuScarecrow » Mon Sep 05, 2005 6:26 am

Decided not to follow the RB run (obviously). At least I'll have fun watching it unfold!!!!! I'm ready for some FOOTBALL!!!!!!!I saw a lot of teams go with the wr/wr strategy in the first two rounds and it will be interesting to see how this plays out. I'll also be interested in watching the Manning/Harrison strategy that was used in Chicago league 4. Looks like a lot of all or nothing weeks and ulcers but we'll see.
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place

BillyWaz

+*+ ROSTERS +*+

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:08 am

Originally posted by the snake:
Wazass...you have NO RB3 and if only 1 of your backs go down you are cooked goose...SNAKE, on the other hand will have a major dilenma trying to choose 3 out of my 4 starters (that's right Fast Wiliie will be one ALL year) at RB...my QB is better than yours (ISHO) and our TE's are closer than you think (slight edge to you)...your WR's (depth more than talent), are better than mine so as SNAKE sees it I got ya beat at QB, RB (BIG) and you have me at WR and TE (slightly)...you are WRONG on Fast Willie and you are dead wrong on the Saints wideouts...whenever Brooks throws a TD to one of his wideouts chances are that SNAKE will be a scorin' either way...ya wanna bet whose squad has more points at the end of the season - yours or SNAKE's?..

QB: Palmer, Boller

RB: McGahee, Jordan (over Rudi like I told ya), R.Brown (best rookie RB this year in FF), Fast Willie, W.Green (REFORMED junkie)

WR: Horn, Chambers (will be a MAJOR surprise this year), Stallworth, Glenn, Randle El, Gardner

TE: Shockey, Cooley, Troupe

K: Kaeding

DEF: Vikings

seriously Wazass, how do you or others feel you fare vs. the SNAKE?.. HOw do you figure that McGahee and Jordan are better than McAllister and Barber??? Do you realize 2 years ago when Barber only scored 3 times he STILL scored over 220 points!! You took a guy who is going to face 8 in the box ALL THE TIME because of his inept QB (McGahee), and a guy who has yet to show if he can carry a load without getting injured (Jordan) AND has a brutal run schedule. Your RB's ARE NOT better. Yes you have depth for a few weeks, but I will put Brandon Lloyd against Ronnie Brown at the flex EVERY week once Ricky returns.

Gonzalez is "just a little better" than Shockey? Gonzo has not scored less than 182 points the last 3 years, and I think had around 265 last year (in the 220's the year before). Meanwhile, Shockey maxed out around 160 last year. Add in Burress who will take red zone looks away, and the gap is MUCH farther than you think.

Plummer will outscore Palmer. And if he doesn't, it will be within 10-15 points difference.

Your WR's aren't even close, as that is the achilles heel of your team.

Sorry Snake, but the only place you have me is depth at RB, and again, that will more than likely dissapear around Weeks 3-5.

You want to bet $10 on total points through Week 13, I am more than ready for that! I gotta feeling some of my biys from Chicago would like to get in on that too. In all honesty Snake, your team is one of the worst that I have seen posted on these boards.

Route Collectors

+*+ ROSTERS +*+

Post by Route Collectors » Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:13 am

I also would put my team up against snakes for whatever portion of his savings he feels he can lose without hurting his family.

TamuScarecrow

+*+ ROSTERS +*+

Post by TamuScarecrow » Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:16 am

BWazz, why would you draft a qb with a nickname that would remind you of your arch-enemy on the MB'S every week? Did this not occur to you at the time you picked him?Come on now, BWazz, entertain me today with an answer to this. :D
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place

BillyWaz

+*+ ROSTERS +*+

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:19 am

Originally posted by TamuScarecrow:
BWazz, why would you draft a qb with a nickname that would remind you of your arch-enemy on the MB'S every week? Did this not occur to you at the time you picked him? Snake isn't my arch enemy Rick. To be an arch enemy, they have to be someone you hate AND be competitive with you. Snake is lacking greatly in the latter. (It would be like the Yankees calling the Tigers their arch enemy! ;) )

It came down to Plummer and Palmer at QB, and Plummer's pts per game in Denvers offense (not Arizona) are pretty impressive. Palmer has a brutal pass schedule, and I think they are going to run Rudi a lot to protect that porous D.

How ironic is it that Snake took Palmer?

BillyWaz

+*+ ROSTERS +*+

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:21 am

Originally posted by Route C:
I also would put my team up against snakes for whatever portion of his savings he feels he can lose without hurting his family. I honestly think it is one of the worst teams I have seen!

Is he really banking on Donte Stallworth to stay healthy AND producing WITHOUT Joe Horn's numbers coming down?

The bad part is that he may score decent points while Parker/Brown are starting. He started out well last year too, and then folded like a lawn chair!

[ September 05, 2005, 01:22 PM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

TamuScarecrow

+*+ ROSTERS +*+

Post by TamuScarecrow » Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:30 am

If your choices came down to Plummer or Palmer, BWazz, you made the right choice considering the Bengals have some serious concerns about Palmer's health. I certainly wouldn't want to have to go to Boller and am considering taking a flyer on Kitna Wednesday night. You better start looking at the waiver wire now, Snake, for qbs and wrs.
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place