Tired of FF

renman

Tired of FF

Post by renman » Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:42 am

Greg,

Yes, that is my point. It is the essence of fantasy football or sport in general. That is why I said in my post "if not for the unpredictable nature of this, it would not be much fun.."

I am right with you on how much more fun all of this is due to the fact that in reality, we do not really know what is going to happen. Though I am frustrated with the performance of my team through 4 weeks I would put my team on a very similar level to those at the top of the standings ON PAPER. So if I had to choose my roster or the roster of some of the teams currently in the top 30 in standings, I am certain I would take my roster.

Having said that.. it sure is frustrating to see A. Johnson post zero (hurricane), 4 and 6 over the last 3 weeks while Kevin walter and O. Daniels scored more yesterday on the same team in the same games! :mad:

Over the long haul... I believe things will work themselves out.

Route Collectors

Tired of FF

Post by Route Collectors » Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:26 am

Originally posted by renman:
Route C,

Back to the topic... Let me chime in on fantasy football pain and frustration.

The one thing that frustrate me most (and I am sure others) is the "on paper vs what really happens..." thing. This is a competition about projections and we go over them constantly both before the season in our pre draft preparation as well as during the season when setting our lineups and looking at matchups. What drives me nuts some is when "on paper" we have what looks to be a big week ahead of us and players projected to perform big underperform or the games break in a certain way that does not allow them to produce while other players predicted to have limited value just a week or two ago (Lance Moore, Muhammad, Kevin Walter) go off and shoot their teams up the standings.

I know it is all part of the game and if not for the unpredictable nature of this it would not be too much fun. In snap shot moments bad luck impacts this process... The saving grace for me is that I know that over a bigger sample and longer season the better, deeper, stronger teams emerge...

Having said that... This sure has been a frustrating 1st month for a couple teams that to me, are very strong and have under performed. That's another good point renman. Even though L.Evans had a decent game Sunday I was expecting one of his patented 40 + games against a really bad Rams defense.

I don't have A.Johnson but I'm also at a loss for where this guy is.

You and Greg are right about the uncertainty being a big part of our sport. I guess it's also part of the mystique that draws us in.

The early part of the season is the toughest IMO. That's when we're all watching our teams form an identity...which can be most painful if you're not strong out of the gate.

Good luck to you in the upcoming weeks.

Route Collectors

Tired of FF

Post by Route Collectors » Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:28 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by renman:
Yeah, I hate fantasy football too.....until next week. :D [/QUOTE]:D

rkulaski

Tired of FF

Post by rkulaski » Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:31 am

One thing to add...I actually was going to sleep last night and I thought to myself, why did I have to be so stupid and drop Deuce McCallister from my team last week?? now he carries 20 times yesterday...sigh...fantasy football is not good for the heart sometimes!
Then I thought well I dropped Deuce probably for the same reason I dropped Carlos Quentin from my NFBC team after week 1. Did I believe in Quentin this year- yes. Did/do i believe in Deuce this year? yes. So why do I drop these players? - I prefer to think it's a momentarily lapse in judgement as opposed to being a bad owner or sheer stupidity and impatience. Frustrating thing is I have only myself to blame... I hate fantasy football... until next week when hopefully I can sleep well again!

[ September 29, 2008, 01:34 PM: Message edited by: rkulaski ]

BillyWaz

Tired of FF

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:36 am

Originally posted by Coltsfan:
quote:Originally posted by Route C:
Wow....another 2 pages of off topic thread hijacking.

Add that to my list of things in FF to be tired of! :rolleyes:

No wonder I decided awhile back to vacate these boards. What a waste of time reading the constant BS bickering that nobody cares about.

Now let me guess....I have to read 2 more pages about who started it. Obviously school is back in session and the pre-K class is quite active. :rolleyes: You're right Jeff. Sorry about my participation. I don't normally get off track with this stuff but I just find that Snake is getting under my skin lately. So much so that I'm considering using other boards to read and post on daily about my FF addiction. I've done a little bit of posting elsewhere and they don't have this BS. We had a great day yesterday in fantasy football - lot's of teams just went off - and the bottom line was I went to bed last night absolutely pissed about the junk that Snake continues to post here. This is just so wrong. I'm about done here.

Wayne
[/QUOTE]I know the feeling Wayne. Obviously I have no tolerance for all of Glenn's nonsense either, and while each week he gets under my skin, he ALWAYS seems to find someone else to annoy weekly. Congratulations, you are this week's winner.... !)

Honestly Wayne, it is just best to ignore him (something I obviously have a VERY difficult time doing as illogical people are my pet peeve), and management has warned him time and time again, with no consequences......so just roll with it.

You have some good insight on these boards Wayne, and it would be a loss if you weren't around. :D

[ September 29, 2008, 03:54 PM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

pizzatyme

Tired of FF

Post by pizzatyme » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:06 am

2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

King of Queens

Tired of FF

Post by King of Queens » Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:55 pm

Originally posted by Raiders:
By the way I know someone who had Lance Moore, Muhammad and Favre on there bench this week and still posted 185 points. :eek: Don't forget about Zach Miller! :D