Potential Scoring Change

King of Queens

Potential Scoring Change

Post by King of Queens » Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:23 pm

Originally posted by Nag':
quote:Originally posted by King of Queens:
Mr. Childs had an excellent point that got somewhat lost in the shuffle -- why has it taken so long for this to become important? This issue was discussed over 5 weeks ago at which time, the Wednesday deadline was deemed to be obsolete and more importantly - dangerously unfair to the participants who are being screwed out of EARNED points.

****://nffcboards.stats.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=000443#000013
[/QUOTE]I remember the thread, but why only in 2007 has this been discussed? Was Elias not publishing changes the way they are this year, or have we all been asleep at the wheel?

sportsbettingman

Potential Scoring Change

Post by sportsbettingman » Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:31 pm

Not sure anything matters but changing the rules for 2008.
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

Nag'

Potential Scoring Change

Post by Nag' » Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:44 pm

Originally posted by sportsbettingman:
Not sure anything matters but changing the rules for 2008. Lance, when there is a major scoring change week 15 or 16 which would potentially impact the $100,000 standings, it WILL matter. I guarantee you that. To give a specific example, if there's an ERROR in NFL.com stats where say, the wrong player is credited with the TD (yes, it has happened before) and even though it may be obvious to all watching the game that it is an error yet this error isn't changed until after Wednesday, there will be a serious issue! And even if it's not this drastic and simply a matter of a half-point here or a point there, it can still impact the standings. May I remind everyone that the 2005 NFFC champion won $100,000 by a mere TWO points.
The NFFC has exposed itself to one major scandal by allowing the Wednesday deadline to stand. Let's hope for Greg/Tom's sake, and for those owners potentially involved, that my example doesn't come to fruition.

[ November 13, 2007, 11:46 PM: Message edited by: Nag' ]
For Players. By Players.

sportsbettingman

Potential Scoring Change

Post by sportsbettingman » Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:20 pm

Originally posted by Nag':
quote:Originally posted by sportsbettingman:
Not sure anything matters but changing the rules for 2008. Lance, when there is a major scoring change week 15 or 16 which would potentially impact the $100,000 standings, it WILL matter. I guarantee you that. To give a specific example, if there's an ERROR in NFL.com stats where say, the wrong player is credited with the TD (yes, it has happened before) and even though it may be obvious to all watching the game that it is an error yet this error isn't changed until after Wednesday, there will be a serious issue! And even if it's not this drastic and simply a matter of a half-point here or a point there, it can still impact the standings. May I remind everyone that the 2005 NFFC champion won $100,000 by a mere TWO points.
The NFFC has exposed itself to one major scandal by allowing the Wednesday deadline to stand. Let's hope for Greg/Tom's sake, and for those owners potentially involved, that my example doesn't come to fruition.
[/QUOTE]I agree it's a big deal...my post was in reference to King of Queens post re: why it was never an issue.

~Lance
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

Gordon Gekko

Potential Scoring Change

Post by Gordon Gekko » Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:38 pm

Originally posted by King of Queens:
quote:Originally posted by Nag':
quote:Originally posted by King of Queens:
Mr. Childs had an excellent point that got somewhat lost in the shuffle -- why has it taken so long for this to become important? This issue was discussed over 5 weeks ago at which time, the Wednesday deadline was deemed to be obsolete and more importantly - dangerously unfair to the participants who are being screwed out of EARNED points.

****://nffcboards.stats.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=000443#000013
[/QUOTE]I remember the thread, but why only in 2007 has this been discussed? Was Elias not publishing changes the way they are this year, or have we all been asleep at the wheel?
[/QUOTE]interesting question KoQ. when were scoring changes made by Elias in 2006?
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

3INTBOY

Potential Scoring Change

Post by 3INTBOY » Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:50 am

Originally posted by sportsbettingman:
quote:Originally posted by Nag':
quote:Originally posted by sportsbettingman:
[/QUOTE]I agree it's a big deal...my post was in reference to King of Queens post re: why it was never an issue.

~Lance
[/QUOTE]The same reason the Flex Player position was never an issue until it impacted someone (me).

Or

The same reason the FA deadline at the NFFC was not an issue until it was correctly argued that Friday at 3 pm was no good because injury reports aren't released until Friday at about 5 pm. So you couldn't place bids with confidence.

Bottom line is 2008 is too late for stats changes, it was blown off weeks ago and is going to be again.

It's a clear flaw.

Last year in the WCOFF there were two teams vying for 15th place in the Championship Round, the team that thought it had 15th (and about $2500) was bumped out by a scoring change on a Thursday before week 17.
So the correct team won the $$.

That's what we play for at the NFFC and any other leagues.

I guess you could hope 2008 comes without worries about this issue for the balance of 2007, but I wouldn't.

3'

[ November 14, 2007, 06:52 AM: Message edited by: 3INT/BFDFANTASYfootball.com ]

BillyWaz

Potential Scoring Change

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:07 am

Originally posted by Tamuscarecrow:
Impressive, NAG, but once again I'm going to ask this question, why does it take the NFL 4 days to make these corrections? A billion-dollar business can't afford an official scorer to review the game film after the game to make these changes known by Tuesday at the latest? Bullsh*t. This is the NFL not giving a rat's rump about stats but caring only about making sure the gate receipts are accurately counted. There is absolutely no reason stat finality can't be achieved by Tuesday. I agree 100% Rick.

It is kinda ridiculous to wait 3 days (2 after Monday night) to report stat changes. Hell, ONE person could do this on a Monday. I mean Nag obviously has time to do it, and he doesn't even work for the NFL.

I am wondering if Nag has contacted Elias about this?

3INTBOY

Potential Scoring Change

Post by 3INTBOY » Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:45 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by Tamuscarecrow:
Impressive, NAG, but once again I'm going to ask this question, why does it take the NFL 4 days to make these corrections? A billion-dollar business can't afford an official scorer to review the game film after the game to make these changes known by Tuesday at the latest? Bullsh*t. This is the NFL not giving a rat's rump about stats but caring only about making sure the gate receipts are accurately counted. There is absolutely no reason stat finality can't be achieved by Tuesday. I agree 100% Rick.

It is kinda ridiculous to wait 3 days (2 after Monday night) to report stat changes. Hell, ONE person could do this on a Monday. I mean Nag obviously has time to do it, and he doesn't even work for the NFL.

I am wondering if Nag has contacted Elias about this?
[/QUOTE]I can speak for him; yes he called and correctly argued that the NFFC has a deadline of Wednesday for stats changes and the NFL and it's Billion + machine needed to speed the process up to accomodate this single Fantasy Football contest issue.

They told him no, if we (NFL) release the changes on Thursday, maybe you should move your deadline back a day.

Interesting point they had, seems easy enough.

3'

mkrucek

Potential Scoring Change

Post by mkrucek » Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:08 am

Of far greater concern right now would be the following, based on the blunder (good word, Route C), not typo, in the rules.

During the championship round Team A beats Team B for the grand prize by 1.2 points. On Thursday morning afer the week 16 games a sats change gives Team B 1.5 additional points, reversing the results. Team B, citing the rules showing Thursday as the final date for stat changes expects to be declared the winner.

Makes things a little less clear.
You'll be fine long as your pretty face holds out, then it's gonna get pretty cold out...

Team Legacy

Potential Scoring Change

Post by Team Legacy » Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:45 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by Tamuscarecrow:
Impressive, NAG, but once again I'm going to ask this question, why does it take the NFL 4 days to make these corrections? A billion-dollar business can't afford an official scorer to review the game film after the game to make these changes known by Tuesday at the latest? Bullsh*t. This is the NFL not giving a rat's rump about stats but caring only about making sure the gate receipts are accurately counted. There is absolutely no reason stat finality can't be achieved by Tuesday. I am wondering if Nag has contacted Elias about this? [/QUOTE]Tell me you're not serious... :eek: :eek:

[ November 14, 2007, 08:46 AM: Message edited by: Team Legacy ]
Twitter: @ScottFantasy