My Week 6 Vibes

Quahogs

My Week 6 Vibes

Post by Quahogs » Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:42 am

Originally posted by KJ Duke:
Lance, you probably have spyware on your computer - it infects and changes banner ads. Go to CNET and download the Ad-Aware program. That should fix it. Lance :D .. oh man nothing fixes spyware. Once that crap lands nothing short of a total reinstall will zap it.

KOTRAX

My Week 6 Vibes

Post by KOTRAX » Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:46 am

quote:Originally posted by UFS:
quote:Originally posted by Todd Zola:
Kevin -- just letting you know you're not on an island here, there is nothing wrong with being unique, being an individual. But there is also such a thing as etiquette, decorum and common courtesy. Contrary to what is apparently not-so-popular belief, it is quite possible for the two sides to co-exist. Are you sure about that these days?

I'd venture to say we're on the big island working our way to existence on Molokai in five years.

These nut jobs have no clue as to the number of owners that don't post because of them. Not a freakin clue. And that's really sad IMO because the MB revolves around the nut jobs instead of FF talk.
[/QUOTE]Thx Z and John, and the sad part is these guys never learn, well, that is until someone even more annoying comes along at which point they might realize how people see them.
[/QUOTE]NO THE SAD PART IS LIKE TODD SAID IN HIS QUOTE: YOU ARE NOT ON A ISLAND HERE. THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH BEING UNIQUE, BEING AN INDIVIDUAL. THAT IS THE SAID PART. YOU CAN'T REALIZE THAT. THE LAST TIME I LOOKED THIS WAS A NFFC MESSAGE BOARD NOT A KJ DUKE MESSAGE BOARD.

williamhare

My Week 6 Vibes

Post by williamhare » Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:54 am

And yet you choose to spend your life battling this. Duke is at the front of the line to fight you, but there seems to be countless others.

You are now the Earl Campbell of NFFC. You take on too many collisions with too many people out of stubborness. Injuries will mount for ya, I believe.

Take my advice from the A.Peterson/C.Taylor thread. Move on AND be heard.
HMan83

mkrucek

My Week 6 Vibes

Post by mkrucek » Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:55 am

Originally posted by KOTRAX:
NO THE SAD PART IS LIKE TODD SAID IN HIS QUOTE: YOU ARE NOT ON A ISLAND HERE. THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH BEING UNIQUE, BEING AN INDIVIDUAL. THAT IS THE SAID PART. YOU CAN'T REALIZE THAT. THE LAST TIME I LOOKED THIS WAS A NFFC MESSAGE BOARD NOT A KJ DUKE MESSAGE BOARD. There are many things that people do that are ignorant and annoying, thus making them "unique." It doesn't make them any less ignorant or annoying.
You'll be fine long as your pretty face holds out, then it's gonna get pretty cold out...

KOTRAX

My Week 6 Vibes

Post by KOTRAX » Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:02 am

Originally posted by Hman83:
And yet you choose to spend your life battling this. Duke is at the front of the line to fight you, but there seems to be countless others.

You are now the Earl Campbell of NFFC. You take on too many collisions with too many people out of stubborness. Injuries will mount for ya, I believe.

Take my advice from the A.Peterson/C.Taylor thread. Move on AND be heard.
HMan83 THE SAME WAY DUKE IS FRONT OF THE FOR HIS FIGHT, I AM IN THE FRONT FOR MINE. THERE ARE PEOPLE HERE THAT HAVE SAID THE CAPS DON'T BOTHER THEM. AT THE END OF THE DAY I AM GOING TO KEEP TYPING THE WAY I DO AND NO ONE IS GOING TO CHANGE IT, SO IT IS POINTLESS TO DISCUSS IT.

sportsbettingman

My Week 6 Vibes

Post by sportsbettingman » Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:06 am

Lance, you probably have spyware on your computer - it infects and changes banner ads. Go to CNET and download the Ad-Aware program. That should fix it. I've always been scared those Ad-Aware type programs INSTALL spyware on your computer...paranoid I guess.

~Lance
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

Greg Ambrosius

My Week 6 Vibes

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:07 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by KJ Duke:
Greg, I may be risking a flag too, but ... would it be possible for you to set-up a special section ...... kinda like the smoking section in a restaurant?

Anyone that screams in CAPS or refers to themselves in the third person must do so in the "special" section, where they can hang out together while blowing smoke on/up each other, while the rest of us remain free to live in our clean, happy society where people respect each other and communicate accordingly? :D FLAAAAGGGGGGG!!! (NOTICE THE ALL CAPS!!!) :D
[/QUOTE]I must have thrown the wrong FLAAAAAGGGGGGG initially. FLAG on everyone inside this thread!! :D 15 yards both ways. :D

I do agree that for Message Boards to thrive and have usefulness, there is a level of courtesy that members should show to others. And much of that is policed by the people who post themselves. There's nothing wrong with being unique, but as many have stated here that uniqueness can be annoying. I think what folks said originally is that because of some folks' uniqueness, they don't even read any posts submitted by those folks.

I guess that's the only way to deal with a board of unique individuals. Just ignore the posts you don't want anything to do with and move on. Because it's plainly obvious that certain folks aren't changing and responding to that uniqueness only brings out longer, more useless posts that never seem to end. And it's taking up valuable cyberspace that could be used for solving global warming or something else Nobel Peace prize worthy. :D
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Raiders

My Week 6 Vibes

Post by Raiders » Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:12 am

'15 yards both ways.'

For giving Him the business? :D

KOTRAX

My Week 6 Vibes

Post by KOTRAX » Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:15 am

WELL PUT GREG. I AGREE!!!