Draft Process: Are You In Favor Of A Change?

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:44 am

Originally posted by Liquid_Madness:
I just read 8 pages of freakin gekko and I have come to one conclusion.... "hasbeen"... Put me down for all votes against whatever GG wants... Random or Kentcuky Derby is fine.... the Gekko BDDS is a absolute... 110% NFW (I don't think you want me to write out the words)...thanks "neverbeen" .that one will "never" get old.

it must be hard on you knowing you will go your ENTIRE fantasy career without coming close to the money i've won.

thanks

[ October 28, 2005, 05:53 PM: Message edited by: Gordon Gekko ]
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:47 am

Originally posted by liddicoat:
Question for you Gekko. Would you have bid for pick 13 last year, when you won the championship? no. that would have been my last choice

keith

Post by keith » Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:58 pm

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by liddicoat:
Question for you Gekko. Would you have bid for pick 13 last year, when you won the championship? no. that would have been my last choice [/QUOTE]

keith

Post by keith » Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:59 pm

why change then?

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Oct 28, 2005 2:16 pm

Originally posted by liddicoat:
why change then? one reason --> to give ALL owners some input into their draft slot selection.

dgamblnman

Post by dgamblnman » Fri Oct 28, 2005 2:39 pm

GG, I asked you a direct question and you didn't answer it at all.. I find that interesting cause I think you know where I'm going wtih it

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:22 pm

Originally posted by Vega$ Gambler$:
GG, I asked you a direct question and you didn't answer it at all.. I find that interesting cause I think you know where I'm going wtih it Originally posted by Vega$ Gambler$:
GG, just a question, all I want is a yes or no answer if you are capable....

In your proposed draft method, of the 14 owners bidding on slots, will someone end up with thier worst draft choice prefered??? i didn't want to embarrass you, but i'm not sure what you're asking. your sentence structure is that of an elementary student. revise the question and repost, then i'll answer. thanks.

TradeStar28

Post by TradeStar28 » Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:23 pm

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by liddicoat:
why change then? one reason --> to give ALL owners some input into their draft slot selection. [/QUOTE]what a guy! this mook actually wants us to believe that he cares about us....he wants to give "us a chance"....he wamts "us" to be on a level playing field....

nobel peace prize candidate

Mr Mark Srebro aka Gordy Geeko

2012 - FI$HER - Flying High Again

renman

Post by renman » Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:35 pm

vegas...

you asked a brilliant question. i know where you were going with it. i think gekkos answer would be that the guy who gets his 14th favorite position in bbds at least had it in HIS HANDS to get a better one but just did not bid enough. he probably could not think of that answer, so i am helping him out. gekko seems more into owners having a "say" in what pick they get what what pick others get. even though with the derby style owners DO have a say... and the guy selected 14 will never be left with his 14th favorite spot. my helping gekko with this question in no way excuses his behavior here on this board.

this thread was started by greg and should have been able to morph into a productive and healthy discussion of the different methods we could use to enhance this passion we all have for the fantasy football experience. i engaged with gekko simply because i did not like his manner here.. i found it disrespectful to greg and unproductive to the topic at hand. i am not anti bbds... but unlike gekko, i am not thinking about ME first. i am thinking about this event GROWING first. i am open to all 3 options... my concern about the bbds concept has always been how it might be that one last sticking point that keeps a newbie owner from being comfy bucking up the $1250 thinking he has no idea how to value a pick. i feel the derby method still has SOME randomness for those who want it... it will likely at the very least leave everyone with a spot on the draft board they are somewhat happy with... it adds some fun to the pre draft weeks...

ultimately... all of us who really know this game know that controlling where on a draft board you start from has a VERY MINIMAL effect on ones success or failure... we can not even predict accurately who the top 8 RB's or WR's in the game are... how can anyone predict what spot on a draft board will end up being the best...
it is laughable... but i do understand that it gives owners the "peace of mind" that they are in control of this thing that gives them a pre-set excuse for when they fail... so lets give owners some control..

and lets discuss it in a productive way....

now can someone PLEASE address the logical and productive points i just made... so i know SOMEONE read it? i prefer not to come back here tomorrow and see 3 pages of kiddie name calling back and forth and no one ever saw what i typed...lol most of us ARE past puberty right? lets show it.

renman

Post by renman » Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:37 pm

gekko...

his question was totally reasonable, logical, and written fine. thats the exact kind of stuff this board does not need.