What is up with the people on this site?

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:05 am

Originally posted by bald is beautiful:
This might be the dumbest thread ever. I think my uncle used to wear a round pin/button on his jean jacket that said "Bald is Beautiful"

That was about 30 years ago.

Have a nice day

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:08 am

No question about it, New York will be the premier location in 2007.

I'll bring the stool...

bald is beautiful

Post by bald is beautiful » Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:55 am

Originally posted by King of Queens:
quote:Originally posted by bald is beautiful:
This might be the dumbest thread ever. I think my uncle used to wear a round pin/button on his jean jacket that said "Bald is Beautiful"

Have a nice day
[/QUOTE]I could use one of those. It would be a great prop/name tag at the draft. Time to go visit E-Bay and Google.

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:13 am

Originally posted by bald is beautiful:
quote:Originally posted by King of Queens:
quote:Originally posted by bald is beautiful:

Have a nice day
[/QUOTE]I could use one of those. It would be a great prop/name tag at the draft. Time to go visit E-Bay and Google.
[/QUOTE]Send me a PM if you find anything good. :D I just joined the club :D
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:45 am

Originally posted by renman:
RedRyder,

I was making an analogy to the sad behavior displayed by some here on this board. I actually do not have a friend with a blind pet and as an animal lover, I would likely feel bad and make an effort to move the furniture before the pet-chair collision. I just wish we saw way less petty hostile behavior on this board. But when I do see it, it deserves to be laughed at.

ps. What are the chances Gekko would have done the following had I not said he would first... Take the sentence "I do not have a friend with a blind pet" and cut off the "blind pet" part to imply I said I do not have a friend...lol

So primitive. Not even an apology for upsetting one of the nicest people (tie with Jan/Claire :D ) I've ever met in the NFFC. I can't imagine not apologizing if I were to upset the likes of them.

Can you please spare us the posts where you tell us how much better you are than the rest of us. TIA.

[ December 15, 2006, 07:12 PM: Message edited by: UFS ]
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:28 am

Some information that may be helpful to "someone" here ... (also the reason I've given up replying to "someone"; I've seen this firsthand/know the behavior).

Delusional disorder is a psychiatric diagnosis denoting a mental illness that involves holding one or more delusions in the absence of other
significant symptoms of mental illness.

Individuals with delusional disorder have firmly held beliefs that are not shared by those around them. These beliefs are not bizarre, but are also not true. One common type is Persecutory Delusional, which involves a belief of being persecuted, conspired against, cheated, spied on, followed, or lied to.

Individuals tend to be in their 40's when the illness strikes, although any age can develop the disorder. Most do not realize that they have a delusional disorder until it is pointed out by family, friends or coworkers. Few voluntarily seek treatment as they feel there is nothing wrong, and individuals suffering from delusional disorder generally do not experience a marked impairment in their daily functioning.

Delusional disorder can be effectively treated and people can recover, however, the earlier effective treatment is started, the better are the chances of recovery. Medications can be very helpful but are often refused due to the lack of insight the delusional individual has. Therapy can be an effective way of teaching methods of identifying irrational beliefs, as well as ways to cope with the symptoms of the disorder.

[ December 15, 2006, 04:37 PM: Message edited by: KJ Duke ]

wayne123

Post by wayne123 » Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:07 am

Fine...

If I survive....I am going to write an unauthorized autobiography and expose this whole thing...then I am going to sue myself over it! So there!
I AM BLUE_FOOT.

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:57 am

:D :D you guys crack me up.

GG...are you going to NY for 2007 FF drafts?

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:01 pm

Originally posted by Blue_Foot:
Fine...

If I survive....I am going to write an unauthorized autobiography and expose this whole thing...then I am going to sue myself over it! So there! :D :D :D

Captain Hook

Post by Captain Hook » Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:06 pm

Originally posted by Route C:
:D :D you guys crack me up.

GG...are you going to NY for 2007 FF drafts? C - why would he go to NY when he could go to Sin City and add poker, drinker and watcher to his NNFC weekend?