Week 1 FAAB

Azzurri

Week 1 FAAB

Post by Azzurri » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:27 pm

Originally posted by THE_BLACKHAND:
Lloyd went for 333 in my league. benjarvus blue green yellow pink went for 157. yuc yuc? Hes behind Fragile Freddy T who is already hurt and has NO chance to staying healthy all year long..and Morris who is also already hurt..then its his job..last week on weei(local radio show..clip is posted on a MB if needed)) Taylor was on and said the Law Firm(Green Ellis ) is a star in the making..now i have my doubts about that but the kid runs really hard and when needed last year he played well and produced. I'm saying he does the same thing this year only it will be for more games and likely FF playoff time :)Sure it looks now that I overbid but he is surely well worth bidding on esp in our league. Lloyd was bid for much higher in most other leagues and my bid was about perfect in most leagues i think? I needed another body i could go to at WR if needed so I made a higher bid than i normally would for him. Frank our leagues player list was picked clean at the draft..you must know that? What good will all the saved bucks in that league be? Just look at that FA list..its really lacking talent. I find it very hard to believe that a player shakes out thats is worth a huge bid of whats left...Weems and Polite are the best players available right now. Players that were not drafted in most leagues were ALL drafted in ours..Clayton was even drafted!

[ September 18, 2010, 03:34 AM: Message edited by: DT ]
Pat Tillman is my Hero.

Azzurri

Week 1 FAAB

Post by Azzurri » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:42 pm

Originally posted by THE_BLACKHAND:
there will be a mark clayton next week. stay tuned. :D not in our league there wont be. Unless its Eric Weems..and even if White and Gonzo go down you can have him. I agree with bald and Wayne who say spend it when needed early in season or not..esp in these 14 team NFFC league were the FA pool is very limited and if you are in a very competitive league like we are Frank then even more so..thats why i over bid on Lloyd and the Law Firm this week. Good luck hoping for a player that will help very much in our leagues FA list going forward. Sure some will pop up but im doubting a huge bid player will emerge from whats left on that list..its very ugly already.
Pat Tillman is my Hero.

Azzurri

Week 1 FAAB

Post by Azzurri » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:51 pm

Originally posted by Coltsfan:
quote:Originally posted by GK:
...uhm, simply curious but am I the ONLY one here who actually prefers Brandon Lloyd to Mark Clayton (for a variety of reasons) or not?...boy, do I LOVE being in the minority sometimes ...GK I didn't even bid $1 on Lloyd anywhere. I really don't see it but who knows. Anything is possible. I guess the difference is I don't see Lloyd becoming the number one WR in Denver this year while I could see Clayton being the WR1.

Wayne
[/QUOTE]Just saying Wayne..Lloyd is the listed #1 WR on Denvers official depth chart right now and has been for quite some time now(a listed starter).. also on a side note he and Orton are said to be best of friends going back to there Chicago days together. Although i recalled reading all summer long how well Lloyd was practicing and how well he and Orton were clicking..i shrugged it off after thinking about Lloyds past in the league which we all know isn't very pretty as he could never live up to expectations..but the good reports kept up and he secured a starting spot on the team awhile back now and has not given it up yet. Then he comes out of the gate with a 5-116 game. I now would not be at all surprised if he held on to the spot hes earned on the team all year baring of course injury.

[ September 18, 2010, 03:55 AM: Message edited by: DT ]
Pat Tillman is my Hero.

Raiders

Week 1 FAAB

Post by Raiders » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:52 pm

Originally posted by rkulaski:
quote:Originally posted by Raiders:
quote:Originally posted by rkulaski:
B Jackson wasn't available in any of my leagues nor should he have been. I drafted him in any league I could around the 13th or so. Landed him in 2 of 5 leagues. I did bid for clayton but likely not enough as I wasn't that desperate. we shall see. Do you have Grant on some of those teams? B. Jackson will not be the starter by week 4, so enjoy the next two weeks. [/QUOTE]I didn't have Grant on one team. Brandon Jackson and B Scott were the top 2 handcuffs to draft after round 10 or so in my rankings.

Respectfully disagree on Jackson. I think he keeps starting. The kid has gradually improved each season and he doesn't need to be a special or game-breaking back to be successful for the Packers this year.
[/QUOTE]One of two things will happen.
1. Will get hurt and miss more than 5 games.
2. Will not be the starting RB by week 5.

I just don't think much of him.

Good Luck,

John

Coltsfan

Week 1 FAAB

Post by Coltsfan » Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:26 am

Originally posted by Raiders:

Respectfully disagree on Jackson. I think he keeps starting. The kid has gradually improved each season and he doesn't need to be a special or game-breaking back to be successful for the Packers this year. One of two things will happen.

Good Luck,

John [/QB][/quote]

John,

It never really occured to me that an NFL RB might get hurt by week 5 - I knew I should have saved my money for the Shayne Graham signing week 12. I also forgot about the talented Joe Kuhn just waiting to take over week 5.

Why is it when someone wants to validate their point in fantasy football they always pull out the "injury card?" I always hear well so and so is good but they will get injured. It's one thing to predict an injury to someone who is already injured and trying to play but why is it every year we hear all of these players WILL be injured. It's normally used in the context of "yes I"m right about my forecast of this player." Every year I'll pick up great players much later than they should have gone only because they were injured the year before. It's just crazy how people react to injuries.

The really crazy thing is that if an injury does happen (which they obviously do) then everyone who predicted that the 350 lb defensive lineman would fall on the RB's knee will pump their chests and say I told you so. I would love to see a preseason list of all of the RB's who are exempt from this happening!

I'll get off my soap box now. Good luck this week everyone.

Wayne

BLACKHAND

Week 1 FAAB

Post by BLACKHAND » Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:21 am

Originally posted by DT:
quote:Originally posted by THE_BLACKHAND:
there will be a mark clayton next week. stay tuned. :D not in our league there wont be. Unless its Eric Weems..and even if White and Gonzo go down you can have him. I agree with bald and Wayne who say spend it when needed early in season or not..esp in these 14 team NFFC league were the FA pool is very limited and if you are in a very competitive league like we are Frank then even more so..thats why i over bid on Lloyd and the Law Firm this week. Good luck hoping for a player that will help very much in our leagues FA list going forward. Sure some will pop up but im doubting a huge bid player will emerge from whats left on that list..its very ugly already. [/QUOTE]first of all , some of you guys are my hero. posting at 4am and 5am est. how can you not be my hero. :D

DT your right that our league was picked dry. i wasnt interested in lloyd. green ellis might work for you. i just think that with that coach they will only run 15x a game and spread the rb's out. hey , you might be right but i dont think that will make or break your team.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

Shrink Attack

Week 1 FAAB

Post by Shrink Attack » Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:49 am

Originally posted by Coltsfan:
quote:Originally posted by Raiders:

Respectfully disagree on Jackson. I think he keeps starting. The kid has gradually improved each season and he doesn't need to be a special or game-breaking back to be successful for the Packers this year. One of two things will happen.

Good Luck,

John
[/QUOTE]John,

It never really occured to me that an NFL RB might get hurt by week 5 - I knew I should have saved my money for the Shayne Graham signing week 12. I also forgot about the talented Joe Kuhn just waiting to take over week 5.

Why is it when someone wants to validate their point in fantasy football they always pull out the "injury card?" I always hear well so and so is good but they will get injured. It's one thing to predict an injury to someone who is already injured and trying to play but why is it every year we hear all of these players WILL be injured. It's normally used in the context of "yes I"m right about my forecast of this player." Every year I'll pick up great players much later than they should have gone only because they were injured the year before. It's just crazy how people react to injuries.

The really crazy thing is that if an injury does happen (which they obviously do) then everyone who predicted that the 350 lb defensive lineman would fall on the RB's knee will pump their chests and say I told you so. I would love to see a preseason list of all of the RB's who are exempt from this happening!

I'll get off my soap box now. Good luck this week everyone.

Wayne

I understand your point, but it's become clear to me over the last several years that in the competitive leagues, injuries are the #1 wildcard in determining a Fantasy Team's success after the draft. The waiver wire is awfully thin in 14 team leagues as well, so it's pretty slim pickings in terms of pickups. The savvy Fantasy Football Owner recognizes this and either drafts or picks up players in anticipation of these events. While many teams were drafting Defenses early or even drafting a second Defense, I was busy picking up high upside backups.

Obviously, judgment must be used here. It's very legitimate to draft Ricky Williams because of Ronnie's risk or Marion Barber because of Felix's risk. To ignore that a player has a history of repeated injury is folly in do-or-die leagues like the NFFC. On the other hand, predicting an injury to a player who has no substantial history of injury is just as foolish.

This is what makes Fantasy football so great. Different points of view result in different roster priorities.
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

BillyWaz

Week 1 FAAB

Post by BillyWaz » Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:52 am

A little off topic, but I'm hoping that Eric Lundgren (sp?) Made a bunch of pickups this week.

Raiders

Week 1 FAAB

Post by Raiders » Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:39 am

Wayne,

Agree. Now have you seen Jackson play? I have, followed him in College. I'm not always right nor do I feel that I'm better than you are, because I'm not. But I being a betting man will like to make a bet Jackson does not finish in the top 10 at the RB position, which being on GB he should.

John

PS. Any takers?