Painful---Here comes the feedback...

Raiders

Post by Raiders » Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:00 am

Originally posted by Geoffrey Stein:
From a functionality standpoint, the software has held up very well tonight.

As the person in the room with our "Gamers," I am well aware of their complaints, but I can tell you that the draft room is doing what the draft room is supposed to be doing. I stopped reading here. Geoff your saying it's the Players fault?

Thanks,

John

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:00 am

Originally posted by GK:
...we now have 5 spots taken and 9 remaining - jump in so that we can chat and help Greg & TK to change things for the better as we draft and hopefully make some progress here by addressing our concerns to them DIRECTLY via the Chat Room in the Draft Room...you can draft whomever you want - like I will - so no secrets will be given away here...thanks much...GK Is this at 12:30 EST?

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:01 am

Originally posted by RedRyder:
TK, are you serious? If someone had mentioned me in a post, but DID NOT use my name, and then you came on and used my name, I would be pretty unhappy. I do not think that is fair.

Greg's phone call did a world of good and that is all erased by your post.

I can't speak for Glenn as to a conversation you and he may or may not have had. And at no time was your name mentioned.

The sentence I posted above is pretty clear. It didn't say someone was asked to post something they didn't believe.

So, now we all know you talked to Glenn (we did not know that last night)...nice. Good work here, Jules. I'm fuming.

Greg and Tom, I need at least a day to sort through things. Please don't contact me.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:03 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
If the draft summary is visible (and doesn't need to be toggled to get to), what is the point of listing the players selected in the chat as well??? :confused:

For the record, I have no problem with going back only 10 picks. 14 is ideal, but not a biggie IMO. True. I think most sites do list the previous picks in the Chat and we do have a button where you can just show the Chat if you want. So it's fine either way Billy. 10 or 14 is better than what we have now: NONE.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Geoffrey Stein

Post by Geoffrey Stein » Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:06 am

Originally posted by Raiders:
quote:Originally posted by Geoffrey Stein:
From a functionality standpoint, the software has held up very well tonight.

As the person in the room with our "Gamers," I am well aware of their complaints, but I can tell you that the draft room is doing what the draft room is supposed to be doing. I stopped reading here. Geoff your saying it's the Players fault?

Thanks,

John
[/QUOTE]Not at all. Feel free to continue reading.

Old School

Post by Old School » Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:06 am

Originally posted by GK:
...7 spots still open - let's go if you want to help ALL have a positive experience here!...again, NFFC Style, 14 Team, 3RR Draft starting at 12:30 PM EST...JOIN NOW - 7 MORE - HALFWAY THERE - LET'S GO!...GK GK

the problems were all evident within the first 5 minutes as Popcorn stated. I was given player I did not draft in the second round and later was auto-picked when i was NOT on auto. I don't need to go in again.

A Draft grid-great!

Find out why the wrong players are being selected-great!

Use the space above where the team names are for something useful-Great!

I'd be happy

RedRyder

Post by RedRyder » Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:06 am

Originally posted by King of Queens:
quote:Originally posted by RedRyder:
TK, are you serious? If someone had mentioned me in a post, but DID NOT use my name, and then you came on and used my name, I would be pretty unhappy. I do not think that is fair.

I can't speak for Glenn as to a conversation you and he may or may not have had. And at no time was your name mentioned.

The sentence I posted above is pretty clear. It didn't say someone was asked to post something they didn't believe.

So, now we all know you talked to Glenn (we did not know that last night)...nice. Good work here, Jules. I'm fuming.

Greg and Tom, I need at least a day to sort through things. Please don't contact me.
[/QUOTE]I apologize Glenn, I was frustrated and shouldn't have brought it up.

However, I don't think it warranted Tom throwing your name or his reaction.
@RedRyder

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:07 am

Originally posted by King of Queens:

[/QUOTE]Got it. Let's stop with the infighting. Nobody asked anyone to not say anything bad about us; we asked everyone to stay positive until they saw the functionality of the draft room and then to let the site speak for itself. We would never ask folks NOT to speak the truth.

Glenn knows technology as well as anyone in the industry. He's a techno-geek. We value his opinions. And the best part is that he's ALWAYS honest. So speak your mind and if we failed last night say so.

I'm calling the Gamers, but Glenn you call me. I won't bother you on this subject. We're working to get this right and that's the main focus. Nobody is pointing fingers; you guys are just being totally honest, which is what we need.

Now, back to that ad....
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:07 am

Originally posted by RedRyder:
quote:Originally posted by King of Queens:

[/QUOTE]I apologize Glenn, I was frustrated and shouldn't have brought it up.

However, I don't think it warranted Tom throwing your name or his reaction.
[/QUOTE]Not fuming at you, just the situation.

I posted the e-mail on the previous page.