Should We Include Individual ST Points In 2010?

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:55 am

Def and ST are two completely different components in the NFL.

If you don't want to award the individual player, fine. Then separate the D from the ST and give them each meaningful scoring. Then just add a mandatory starting position for ST.

This way the Josh Cribbs of the world have a voice. As it is now, the Cleveland D/ST is barely rosterable because the return game is devalued by the putrid Defense.

I know this will not fly, however, as it is not what the herd is used to.

I wish this contest would lead more than follow, but I understand why it doesn't. I don't agree, but I understand.
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

Raiders

Post by Raiders » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:59 am

I wish this contest would lead more than follow, but I understand why it doesn't. I don't agree, but I understand'

I don't get this? Greg was the one who asked for are feed back, Billy is the one pushing for it, and most everyone else doesn't want it, Yet. :D
Read my post on the bottom of page 8, get to know that rule, it will come in handy for next season. ;)

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:19 am

Yes, the herd's voice comes through loud and clear.

In other news, the sky is blue.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:20 am

Originally posted by Just Russ:
Def and ST are two completely different components in the NFL.

If you don't want to award the individual player, fine. Then separate the D from the ST and give them each meaningful scoring. Then just add a mandatory starting position for ST.

This way the Josh Cribbs of the world have a voice. As it is now, the Cleveland D/ST is barely rosterable because the return game is devalued by the putrid Defense.

I know this will not fly, however, as it is not what the herd is used to.

I wish this contest would lead more than follow, but I understand why it doesn't. I don't agree, but I understand. Make the Classic a roster of 20, have a SEPARATE ST "team" you would play each week (for a total of 11 starters each week), and go from there...

I LIKE IT! :D ....

or just get rid of ST TD's from the defense completely, which has been mentioned). I don't think ANYONE drafts a defense in THIS scoring system based on how many kick and punt return TD's they will have.

Either option works for me.

I agree, since it is change, most will not want want it.

Raiders

Post by Raiders » Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:20 am

Originally posted by Just Russ:
Yes, the herd's voice comes through loud and clear.

In other news, the sky is blue. Question do You want this rule changed?

Answer=?

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:22 am

Originally posted by Raiders:
I wish this contest would lead more than follow, but I understand why it doesn't. I don't agree, but I understand'

I don't get this? Greg was the one who asked for are feed back, Billy is the one pushing for it, and most everyone else doesn't want it, Yet. :D
Read my post on the bottom of page 8, get to know that rule, it will come in handy for next season. ;) John,

I'm just a guy home with a sick child (and now wife), who chimed in on a topic.

My opinion is no more important than anyone else's. I just think a lot of my reasoning is being distorted or misunderstood.

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:27 am

Speaking of reasoning, we need the "voice of reason" KJ to chime in here. :D

Raiders

Post by Raiders » Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:27 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by Raiders:

Read my post on the bottom of page 8, get to know that rule, it will come in handy for next season. ;) John,

My opinion is no more important than anyone else's. I just think a lot of my reasoning is being distorted or misunderstood.
[/QUOTE]Take care of you daughter I got it from here. :D
My point was. Russ wants to see the rule changed is now upset that Greg may(May) not do it, but almost everyone so far wants to keep it has it is.

I posted(Bottom of page 8) what I think it should be changed too. When You or other's go to your Boss You don't say I hate the way things are, than turn around and leave his or her office, You tell him what You don't like.

I gave that. :D

[ October 22, 2009, 09:29 AM: Message edited by: Raiders ]

hammer

Post by hammer » Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:33 am

Yes, individual players should receive points for the touchdowns they score on Special Teams

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:33 am

Originally posted by Raiders:
quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by Raiders:

[/QUOTE]Take care of you daughter I got it from here. :D
My point was. Russ wants to see the rule changed is now upset that Greg may(May) not do it, but almost everyone so far wants to keep it has it is.

I posted(Bottom of page 8) what I think it should be changed too. When You or other's go to your Boss You don't say I hate the way things are, than turn around and leave his or her office, You tell him what You don't like.

I gave that. :D
[/QUOTE]Again, I DON'T think there will be any change.

I'm not going to quit because of it, or whine, I'll just deal with it. It's just something that I feel could make this ALREADY great contest even better! :D

Just ONE man's opinion. ;)