WCOFF bankruptcy

fflmaster

WCOFF bankruptcy

Post by fflmaster » Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:26 am

I didn't see Outside the lines today, but if they didn't have time to do a story on ryan braun then I wouldn't be surprised to see the HSFF story pushed back or cancelled altogether.
its nice to be the master

KenGill

WCOFF bankruptcy

Post by KenGill » Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:56 am

Originally posted by TOXIC ASSETS:
Interesting point about the "bankruptcy". They might not even be allowed to file for it! These guys are criminals and need to be pursued to the ends of the earth to recover whatever money can be recovered. Then they can look forward to sharing a jail cell with Jerry Sandusky for a while.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the end the Lawyers get the money. Players get nothing and Dustin and Jesse get a tie.

Should be a interesting couple of months and the numbers for HSFF should be interesting as well for next year.

I can't wait to see the Show.

[ December 11, 2011, 08:54 AM: Message edited by: Raiders ]
------------------------------------
Raiders -- what are the other options? Let these skunks slither away into the night with the money? Chad and company have it right. Even if the lawyers take a hefty piece of the pie, they have to be shown the difference between right and wrong. Maybe it will teach a lesson to the next guys that try it.
I never lost a game. I only ran out of time. Bobby Layne
Kid....if you're going to make it in this league, you're going to have to learn to drink. Bobby Layne

DoubleG

WCOFF bankruptcy

Post by DoubleG » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:15 am

not sure if anyone mentioned it already, another lawsuit. this one is for Breach of Contract

Lakeside Capital Advisors, LLC v. 360 Sports Marketing, LLC et al

Plaintiff: Lakeside Capital Advisors, LLC

Defendants: 360 Sports Marketing, LLC, Fantasy Sports Investments, LLC, Gridiron Fantasy Sports, LLC, Dustin Ashby, Jesse Herron and John Does 1-10

http://dockets.justia.com/docket/new-yo ... 21/387382/

DoubleG

WCOFF bankruptcy

Post by DoubleG » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:24 am

Assuming it's the same "Lakeside": Lakeside Capital Advisors (“LCA”) provides asset based loan/lease servicing solutions

http://lscap.net/home.php

[ December 11, 2011, 03:24 PM: Message edited by: DoubleG ]

Cocktails and Dreams

WCOFF bankruptcy

Post by Cocktails and Dreams » Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:03 am

Originally posted by Money:
quote:Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
quote:Originally posted by fflmaster:

I think the story will be either one of two things: one, ALL HSFF is bad I would be absolutely astonished if this was the angle if for no other reason than it is wildly inaccurate. I can't think of a single reason why ESPN would air such a blatantly inaccurate and false story that could be so easily refuted. Again, there is zero reason whatsoever in my opinion to even think our event or FFPC will be portrayed in a negative light in this story - assuming there is any mention of our events at all.
[/QUOTE]Lindy Hinkleman received a lot of positive press recently surrounding his enormous success in high stakes fantasy baseball. Would it not be responsible of ESPN to contact him to get his thoughts on the subject and verify that he was indeed paid? This would then have to lead into some sort of mention that there are legitimate above board games that people are playing with confidence.
[/QUOTE]No, because the story is about the WCOFF and their slimy owners screwing people, not the NFFC and FFPC paying people.

Cocktails and Dreams

WCOFF bankruptcy

Post by Cocktails and Dreams » Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:05 am

Originally posted by fflmaster:
I didn't see Outside the lines today, but if they didn't have time to do a story on ryan braun then I wouldn't be surprised to see the HSFF story pushed back or cancelled altogether. Why would they cancel it altogether? That makes even less sense than some of your other takes, like them saying all high stakes fantasy sports is bad and that the ffpc and NFFC would be mentioned in a negative light. And those things made hardly and sense.

The Franchise

WCOFF bankruptcy

Post by The Franchise » Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:18 am

Originally posted by Raiders:
quote:Originally posted by The Franchise:
quote:Originally posted by Sack:
One small thing that gets lost in this whole mess is that the percentage of people that won money in each established league from WCOFF was 2/12.

Those that participated and lost, paid there money and lost. So 10 out of 12 people in each league aren't as upset as they would have been should they have won money in WCOFF. Considering that WCOFF never paid the winners, I wonder if those that participated and LOST should also have a claim? The public outcry was actually less that it COULD have been. Think back to September/March for there drafts when the doors flew open. Everybody that walked in to participate is a victim in my eyes. Understand, I take NOTHING away from those that won - they deserve those winnings. But those that paid and lost should also have some claim if nothing was ever paid out.

I hurt for each and every player, it stains the games we enjoy playing. I hope they find justice. Although I agree, those players along with the players that actually won something are basically going to get sh@% from this bankruptcy!

Your/my attorney needs to prove FRAUD in order to try and get the money that everyone is owed.

You can't squeeze water from a stone. The one person that has the money to pay the players is Peter. Back in March he knew there wasn't money to pay the Football players owed from 2010. They still continued to take entry fees for baseball and deceive people while still moving on with the season.

Is that a good enough fraud case and can it be proved? I don't know yet.
[/QUOTE]In a word, No. Who is Peter and who are the other Owners. Something that I asked a long time ago and everyone back than didn't care.

My guess it's kind of important, just my guess as it was way back when I asked the first time.
[/QUOTE]No? Are you an attorney now? You can be happy and gloat all you want about being right that something was wrong over there, but my problem with you was you accussed me that my team was co-owned with Jesse and that he recieved some of the money that I won. I went out of my way to prove that it was not the case. That's when (among other things) you lost my respect.

I'm the one owed money not you so go pump your chest somewhere else.
Winning isn't everything, but the will to win is.

Greg Ambrosius

WCOFF bankruptcy

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:42 am

Another lawsuit according to KSDK Channel 5 in St. Louis. It seems like the heat is being turned up on this case and at the very least for players it's not just going away. We'll try to stay on top of all these lawsuits as best we can:

http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/290796 ... umer-fraud
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Cocktails and Dreams

WCOFF bankruptcy

Post by Cocktails and Dreams » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:16 am

I spoke with Ian today and he said he did mention the FFPC and the NFFC on his interviews. Both mentioned more than once specifically by name, and both mentioned as being very stable and solid with a history of paying every penny. Again we don't know how ESPN will edit it, but the potential does exist at least to have the names mentioned in a positive manner. He said he left the negative stuff(AFFL, Jungle etc) on the shelf, aside from the WCOFF obviously. So hopefully there is a a little positive light flickered on the subject and this becomes about what a bunch of slimy crooks the WCOFF people are in an industry that other companies are doing well in. That would be the best case scenario, as people would be warned that they need to do their diligence, yet know that there are respectable options.

[ December 12, 2011, 05:17 PM: Message edited by: Cocktails and Dreams ]

Diesel

WCOFF bankruptcy

Post by Diesel » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:24 am

The 30/30 ESPN Fantasy Documentary last year turned into a comedic shtick that really wasn't funny. I hope they spend more time on the big picture in this show.
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."