+*+ ROSTERS +*+

BillyWaz

+*+ ROSTERS +*+

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:32 am

Originally posted by TamuScarecrow:
If your choices came down to Plummer or Palmer, BWazz, you made the right choice considering the Bengals have some serious concerns about Palmer's health. I certainly wouldn't want to have to go to Boller and am considering taking a flyer on Kitna Wednesday night. You better start looking at the waiver wire now, Snake, for qbs and wrs. Palmers knee was still in a brace for some of the preseason games, and I do like the fact that Plummer will give me 200+ yards on the ground, and 2-3 TD's. I wanted Brady and figured he would slide, but the QB's didn't last like they did in a lot of other leagues so I had to get Plummer when I did. (I didn't want Aaron Brooks AGAIN this year :eek: )

Rick, you need to get in on the action as Snake is giving away free money to all those who want to go against him. He said Chambers is better than Driver, so you should show him how he is wrong! :D

[ September 05, 2005, 01:34 PM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

Route Collectors

+*+ ROSTERS +*+

Post by Route Collectors » Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:34 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by Route C:
I also would put my team up against snakes for whatever portion of his savings he feels he can lose without hurting his family. I honestly think it is one of the worst teams I have seen!

Is he really banking on Donte Stallworth to stay healthy AND producing WITHOUT Joe Horn's numbers coming down?

The bad part is that he may score decent points while Parker/Brown are starting. He started out well last year too, and then folded like a lawn chair!
[/QUOTE]LOL - good comparison. Really though, I understand the hoopla around Willie P. He is a shot not a shoe in. He needs injuries..injuries and more injuries to help anyone win a championship.

I think he'll do great when he's playing but as it has been stated already - Pitts is a tremendously loyal organization. I have Staley but I'm under no dillusions as to who the "man" is. Jerome is a legend in Pitt. He will call his own shots. Even if he's smart enough to concede to a healthy Staley. Can Willie say that?
;)

As for the rest of inch worms team - I've already offered my bet!

richieprimo

+*+ ROSTERS +*+

Post by richieprimo » Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:43 am

quote:Any commments? am i delusional to think i got league chcago 2 rapped up before the first snap of the season?TNBT, yes, you are dilusional as this team like every other team has holes. Yours happen to be at qb and rb as I am one who doesn't buy into Plummer or Jordan being top 10, Jordan certainly not as Zack Crockett will steal the 8-10 redzone tds. You Jordan drafters and lovers must not have looked at the Oakland offense for the last 5 years before you drafted him. Plummer's nickname (and we know who has the same name as his nickname on these MB's) is enough to turn me off from him but relying on Ashley Lelie to catch the ball would cause me many sleepless nights. :D Great thing is FA can be the cure.
[/QUOTE]Rick - I know we've had our disagreements last year, but you hit the nail right on the head with Jordan yeilding way to Crockett at the goal line. I'm not saying that because I drafted Crockett (he won't start for me unless Jordan goes down or Arrington is a total bust), but it's just the way things are going to be. I smell a 2004 Staley/Bettis situation brewing in Oakland, but Jordan will get his points nonetheless. I won't make judgement on anyone else, because lots of players look great on Labor Day every year and fall quickly, and spending FA dollars correctly can put a team over the top. Good luck. :cool:
Paying Top Dollar For All 12 and 10 cent Superhero Comics. Send PM...You may have money packed in your garage or attic.

Dyv

+*+ ROSTERS +*+

Post by Dyv » Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:47 am

A question for my stat men, GG and Dyv, did any team with Michael Vick finish in the top 20 last year? The beers must have kicked in after the 5th round as that's when this team went downhill. Your rbs are playing on bad offenses and your qbs are erratic by past form but may be saved if Volek sees the field. You may be able to save this with FA. :D Someone else may be able to answer this one, but I have no clue. It's not impossible to think someone took Vick early, Plummer late, picked up Volek from waivers, etc., etc.

I wouldn't build a team around him, but I do like to swing for the fences in the late mid rounds.

I sure wouldn't feel good about having him backed by Griese... (nor comfy assuming Volek is going to play ... that sternum is healed, fellas - it's not like he blew out a knee or something!)

Dyv
The Wonderful thing about Dyv's is I'm the only one!

Dyv

+*+ ROSTERS +*+

Post by Dyv » Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:51 am

My main event team fell nicely, comments/critique especially appreciated:

QB: Trent Green, Jake Plummer
RB: Shaun Alexander, Mike Anderson, Warrick Dunn, Ricky Williams, LaBrandon Toefield, Zack Crockett
WR: Anquan Boldin, Roy Williams, Travis Taylor, Amani Toomer, Antwaan Randle El, Kelley Washington
TE: Jermaine Wiggins
K: Mike Nugent
D: Washington (vs. CHI week 1)
Detroit (@CHI week 2)

For evaluation, I had the 3rd pick... this was the draft order:

Shaun Alexander
Mike Anderson
Warrick Dunn
Anquan Boldin
Roy Williams
Trent Green
Ricky Williams
Jake Plummer
Travis Taylor
Amani Toomer
Antwaan Randle El
LaBrandon Toefield
Jermaine Wiggins
Zack Crockett
Mike Nugent
Kelley Washington
Washington DEF
Detroit DEF

Again, critique appreciated.

Dyv

TamuScarecrow

+*+ ROSTERS +*+

Post by TamuScarecrow » Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:04 am

Rick - I know we've had our disagreements last year, but you hit the nail right on the head with Jordan yeilding way to Crockett at the goal line. I'm not saying that because I drafted Crockett (he won't start for me unless Jordan goes down or Arrington is a total bust), but it's just the way things are going to be. I smell a 2004 Staley/Bettis situation brewing in Oakland, but Jordan will get his points nonetheless. I won't make judgement on anyone else, because lots of players look great on Labor Day every year and fall quickly, and spending FA dollars correctly can put a team over the top. Good luck.I'm with you 100%, Primo, and the same situation in Oakland can be said for a few teams this year including the Willie Parker drafters as Bettis calf will hold up for redzone carries on Week 1. Points can be had for those players but mainly for catches and yardage.

For the new guys, our champion Mr. Gekko drafted a good team last year, not great but started off slow due to injury problems but made some great FA pickups and finished the strongest of the lot. I'm just killing some time until I can get home to Louisiana Thursday but to all who drafted in Vegas, NY, and Chicago and especially my new friends and brothers in Chicago, the fun has just begun!!! :D
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ

richieprimo

+*+ ROSTERS +*+

Post by richieprimo » Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:15 am

Originally posted by the snake:
Fi$her - SNAKE, like you, had the #11 Pick (in NY League #6)

QB: Palmer, Boller

RB: McGahee, Jordan, R.Brown, Fast Willie Parker, W.Green

WR: Horn, Chambers, Stallworth, Glenn, Randle El, Gardner

TE: Shockey, Cooley, Troupe

K: Keading

DEF: Vikings

a little short on WR's perhaps but my TE"s will make up for it in the flex position on a couple of bye weeks (especially if, like I expect, Troupe can make like Gates this year)... Primo thinks that Snake is being far too modest. Snake is a "little short" in many areas (maybe even not just football).

At first, Primo thought that Snake was another NN :rolleyes: Y, but Snake is much more obnoxious than Nathan could ever be. NNoy didn't speak of himself in the 3rd person, and his lower-tier finishing team was probably better than the Snake Pit. As usual in cases like this, time will humble Snake and he will proceed to swallow his tail. And please don't retort about how bad my team is. Primo knows when he screws up and doesn't live on delusions in "fantasy" land. Snake will shed his skin AND $1,250.
Paying Top Dollar For All 12 and 10 cent Superhero Comics. Send PM...You may have money packed in your garage or attic.

Dyv

+*+ ROSTERS +*+

Post by Dyv » Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:16 am

Originally posted by the snake:
Chambers vs Driver...ok how much?...SNAKE vs. WazupWazAss, PrimoDonnaGirl, RouteToAStraightJacket, & ScaredShitless - name your price...you self-proclaiming pundits/gurus/experts are pompous, arrogant & most importantly, inaccurate...closet clairvoyant wannabes...but most of all - you are INSIGNIFICANT...your squads will more than likely be non-factors when all is said and done...SNAKE has bigger and better things to concentrate on...alas, however, SNAKE does wish good luck to the 4 aforementioned squads - no ill will is harbored as SNAKE has a feeling that you will need it...like SNAKE has mentioned on previous occassions, please return to your perfunctory back slapping and a** kissing on these threads because there is comfort in numbers (a very primitive and human non-SNAKE need), to get reassurance that your squads are competitive...when all is said and done let's see who had the foresight to tell you all what your hindsight is going to be 5 months hence...... I'm really not sure how a snake should talk... I would think a thin hissing kind of 'snakess..likkeeeesssss hisss QBssss..'

But that's just me. I read these posts and all I can think of when I read them out loud to myself is that Snake is Rickey Henderson. And this is just Rickey being Rickey... so why fuss it out?

I don't care about Driver vs. Chambers - I'd take Driver first in a draft today, but I think Chambers is good value. EVERY starting WR has value in this format and Chambers is no different. Granted his QB situation is murky at best, but that offense will still heave the ball in his direction and maybe OFTEN.

I like 'um both.

Dyv

[ September 05, 2005, 02:17 PM: Message edited by: Dyv ]

TamuScarecrow

+*+ ROSTERS +*+

Post by TamuScarecrow » Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:16 am

Good team, Dyv. Looks like you learned from my picks from the #3 spot in the DC satellite league when I took Alexander/Harrison/Anderson and the LBS vs. WORLD draft when I took James/Anderson/Taylor.
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ