Raiders

FAAB: D.Ward $995

Post by Raiders » Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:17 am

I bid 250.00 on Charlie Ward. Why is it not showing up? Stupid computer. :D

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:24 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
For the record: Rich Dunn contacted me via e-mail last night after the transactions were run to state that he had cut Chris Henry and not Steve Smith. We'll certainly look into whether there was a system error or not, but he was adamant that he did not cut Steve Smith. This is being corrected right now and Smith is being placed back on his team. I was under the weather last night and did not see his e-mail until this morning.

This is certainly not the first time a cut has been reversed in the NFBC or NFFC as mistakes have been made in the past as well and owners have contacted us immediately. He got the player he wanted in FAAB and somehow the wrong player was taken from his roster. He alerted me of the mixup immediately when the cuts were announced and told me the right player to cut. We will make the move this morning. Obviously Rich didn't want to drop his 1st round pick who scored 25 points last week and wasn't injured.

Greg and Tom's discretion for ALL these matters is A-OK by me.

Now, I gotta go check and make sure any of my stars didn't get dropped! :D

Raiders

Post by Raiders » Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:28 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
For the record: Rich Dunn contacted me via e-mail last night after the transactions were run to state that he had cut Chris Henry and not Steve Smith. We'll certainly look into whether there was a system error or not, but he was adamant that he did not cut Steve Smith. This is being corrected right now and Smith is being placed back on his team. I was under the weather last night and did not see his e-mail until this morning.

This is certainly not the first time a cut has been reversed in the NFBC or NFFC as mistakes have been made in the past as well and owners have contacted us immediately. He got the player he wanted in FAAB and somehow the wrong player was taken from his roster. He alerted me of the mixup immediately when the cuts were announced and told me the right player to cut. We will make the move this morning. Obviously Rich didn't want to drop his 1st round pick who scored 25 points last week and wasn't injured.

Greg and Tom's discretion for ALL these matters is A-OK by me.

Now, I gotta go check and make sure any of my stars didn't get dropped! :D
[/QUOTE]So when this same guy loses by 10 points and has S.Smith on the bench do we say, He really wanted to start Him? :rolleyes:

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:37 am

Since Bluefoot is already contacting his lawyer, I'll hold some of my reasonings for my ruling until the deposition. But I will say that my ruling has little to do with Rich Dunn as the owner or even Steve Smith as the affected player. The bottom line is that the owner in question contacted me immediately, told me about the error and told me the player he intended to cut. Teams weren't allowed to bid on the free agent, it was caught before the weekend games and the correct move has now been made.

Even human errors have occurred in the NFFC before. Owners signed the small boards with a wrong sticker on them this year. Did we force those teams to keep those players? No, we made the right correction because common sense said it was the right move. There are other examples, too, but I'll hold those for the lawyers.

Good luck all. I'll use common sense on this one and in future decisions that unfortunately I have to make. It's part of the competition and part of my job as commissioner of the NFFC.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Sound Advice

Post by Sound Advice » Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:54 am

I'd say put him in the waiver pool for one day.
Just so the guys that bid $950 on Ward will freak.

richieprimo

Post by richieprimo » Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:56 am

Hey Blue Foot in Your Mouth...

I HOPE you're kidding about retaining an attorney over this. I used to think you were just an "eccentric" kind of guy. Now I truly believe that you have deep conversations with your cat. If so...you should start taking his advice a little more. On your deposition, don't leave out the guy videotaping your cheatsheet at the draft. Knucklehead.
Paying Top Dollar For All 12 and 10 cent Superhero Comics. Send PM...You may have money packed in your garage or attic.

Raiders

Post by Raiders » Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:59 am

Originally posted by Primo:
Hey Blue Foot in Your Mouth...

I HOPE you're kidding about retaining an attorney over this. I used to think you were just an "eccentric" kind of guy. Now I truly believe that you have deep conversations with your cat. If so...you should start taking his advice a little more. On your deposition, don't leave out the guy videotaping your cheatsheet at the draft. Knucklehead. My question is how does a guy like this get S.Smith? ;) Ok, lets move on, or we may all get sued. :D

mkrucek

Post by mkrucek » Sat Sep 15, 2007 2:01 am

I think the fact that Rich contacted Greg immediately is important. But it brings up two concerns. First, how does this even happen? If this is a software issue why only in this case? Secondly, what if this happened and it wasn't discovered by the owner until much later? The owner leaves town for a couple daysw after putting in his/her claims and returns Sunday morning to find their first round pick gone. Or, in Raiders' example, "I swear I put him in the starting lineup," and the software screwed up. While I trust Greg to make a fair decision I can see how some will get upset no matter what he decides.

And yes, Billy, the first thing I did was check my roster again.
You'll be fine long as your pretty face holds out, then it's gonna get pretty cold out...

mkrucek

Post by mkrucek » Sat Sep 15, 2007 2:05 am

Now, back to the free agent topics.

The Randle El pick for $901 was in our league. The team sat next to us and seemed like very nice guys. Their number 1 wr is Brandon Marshall so I guess they felt like they had to do something. Their most interesting comment during the draft came after we had taken Curry and they said they wouldn't be taking any Raiders this year.
You'll be fine long as your pretty face holds out, then it's gonna get pretty cold out...

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Sat Sep 15, 2007 2:29 am

Jodicus......I really hope you're more calm about this today. I agree with Jules...the NFFC is an extended family and we cut each other some slack "within the rules" when it's the right thing to do.

You should know this since you benefitted from the understanding of ALL the other owners in the Snake Classic when you couldn't get logged in for the draft. We could've let the computer pick a crappy team for you but we respected your investment.

We respected it enough to postpone the draft by 20+ minutes. We called 4 people before reaching someone (my brother) who agreed to stand in for you. Picking right behind me he drafted you a helluva team (2nd most points week 1).

Do you know how easy it would've been for us to manipulate that situation...c'mon...he is my brother.

Instead the little jerk steals 2 players from me in the 1st 5 rounds. :eek:

I mention this as a reminder to you and and anyone else with questions of right/wrong doing in the NFFC...that this event is filled with people of integrity. It starts at the top and trickles down through it's members.

I know you are one of those members...a good guy and fierce competitor. Please realize the legitimacy of this honest mistake and let it go.

I know we'd do the same for you.

[ September 15, 2007, 08:30 AM: Message edited by: Route C ]