Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

BillyWaz

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by BillyWaz » Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:55 pm

How about all the people who are going to go against a "lesser" player that goes off in place of an Andre Johnson, etc.???

Shouldn't they be allowed to "pick someone else up" to combat that player having a big week???

Yes, that is stupid, but no more ridiculous than other suggestions.

As for the "good customer" who said they would quit over this.... LET EM TAKE THEIR BALL AND GO HOME!!

Let them go play in a 10 teamer where they have a bench to cover the byes. :D

Like Team Canada said, you guys are making the ONLY decision that can be made. Opening up free agency now would be a disaster, as you would have MANY more people complaining they never saw it (obviously the people in the Houston area who have NO POWER... God bless them!)

TOMDOG

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by TOMDOG » Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:57 pm

As i drafted the baltimore d in the NBC in NYC i thought to myself,at least they have a late bye,and i verbalized it like this.Ill take the sucka$$ baltimore d.
They were the top on my board at that time,and now they are paying me back.
I NEVER thought i would have to take a zero for a d because of an act of god.

But,imo,the ruling here is correct,it just sucks.

BillyWaz

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by BillyWaz » Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:57 pm

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
remember this is a game of skill. owners who forsee this happening and took appropriate actions, kudos to them (i was not one of them). I did pick up Carney for Kris Brown in the NFFC Main, but didn't pick up a kicker for him in another league.

I guess I am 50% skill/50% luck!

[ September 13, 2008, 06:58 PM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

RI WORKHORSE

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by RI WORKHORSE » Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:58 pm

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
How about all the people who are going to go against a "lesser" player that goes off in place of an Andre Johnson, etc.???

Shouldn't they be allowed to "pick someone else up" to combat that player having a big week???

Yes, that is stupid, but no more ridiculous than other suggestions.

As for the "good customer" who said they would quit over this.... LET EM TAKE THEIR BALL AND GO HOME!!

Let them go play in a 10 teamer where they have a bench to cover the byes. :D

Like Team Canada said, you guys are making the ONLY decision that can be made. Opening up free agency now would be a disaster, as you would have MANY more people complaining they never saw it (obviously the people in the Houston area who have NO POWER... God bless them!) Billy,

Come on man,

You got to see both sides here.....It's a no win for anyone. And it's a tough choice to make. There is winners and losers to this all over the place.
I.W
Johnny Frisella

gomizzouman

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by gomizzouman » Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:00 pm

Originally posted by SNAKE:
...the double standard here is so F'n transparent that it is making The Serpent rather ill...naturally ALL of those owners who are NOT affected by this in any way are very nonchalant here whereas those that are STUCK with either a DEF and/or KICKER on either the Texans or Ravens are TOTALLY SCREWED and are up in arms - AND FOR GOOD REASON!...SNAKE Not True!
It takes a great person to be truly humble, and a humble person to be truly great.

Tom Kessenich

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by Tom Kessenich » Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:00 pm

We're not opening up a second FAAB at this late of date when it's not in our rules, Glenn. Now, as Mike Weber said could this be an event which leads us to consider a second FAAB period for next year and beyond? Perhaps although there are pros and cons to that in my opinion. I'm not sure having a first-come, first-serve WW period is a good idea in a high-stakes event but as always I'd be interested in getting everyone's feedback on that.

I don't know anybody who's happy about this situation. From a fantasy perspective it stinks to high heavens. But this is our decision.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

BillyWaz

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by BillyWaz » Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:01 pm

Originally posted by SNAKE:
...the double standard here is so F'n transparent that it is making The Serpent rather ill...naturally ALL of those owners who are NOT affected by this in any way are very nonchalant here whereas those that are STUCK with either a DEF and/or KICKER on either the Texans or Ravens are TOTALLY SCREWED and are up in arms - AND FOR GOOD REASON!...SNAKE The moral question here snake, is would you be as "up in arms" if you personally weren't affected? And even more so, were playing an owner who was??

JerseyPaul

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by JerseyPaul » Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:03 pm

I have Brady with Schaub as my backup in the Auction. Even though R.I. outbid me for Casell, I had a long list of contingent bids to ensure I had a QB starter this week (wound up with Pennington).

I also have Owen Daniels. I put in lots of bids for TEs and wound up with Fasano.

In this league I also have Kevin Walter and in other leagues I also have Andre Johnson and McGahee/Rice.

In all cases I have full lineups, although some suck.

Greg is doing EXACTLY the right thing in following his stated rules. Sometimes it's the things we don't do that get credit over the hasty things we might have done.

[ September 13, 2008, 07:04 PM: Message edited by: JerseyPaul ]

mtreff4

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by mtreff4 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:03 pm

In my other league, we opened the waiver wire only to those who have one of the following: O Daniels, T Heap, K Brown, M Stover, or either D and did NOT have anyone as a backup for these players. Waiver bids were automatic 25 points. Consensus was that this was the best way to do it.

WHAT IS THE RULING????????????