Potential Scoring Change

BillyWaz

Potential Scoring Change

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:54 am

Originally posted by Team Legacy:
quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by Tamuscarecrow:
Impressive, NAG, but once again I'm going to ask this question, why does it take the NFL 4 days to make these corrections? A billion-dollar business can't afford an official scorer to review the game film after the game to make these changes known by Tuesday at the latest? Bullsh*t. This is the NFL not giving a rat's rump about stats but caring only about making sure the gate receipts are accurately counted. There is absolutely no reason stat finality can't be achieved by Tuesday. I am wondering if Nag has contacted Elias about this? [/QUOTE]Tell me you're not serious... :eek: :eek:
[/QUOTE]I wasn't serious, but apparently Nag was.

Read 3INTBOY'S post above.

joetreff

Potential Scoring Change

Post by joetreff » Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:12 am

If Steven Jackson 85 yards rushing was changed to 84 yards rushing I doubt anyone has noticed in the past or will notice in the future.

This RW-KJ example is clearly on video

Touchdowns are more obvious and will never get scored wrong, it is the 1 yard differences that make up most of the Elias changes and maybe a sack or tackle here and there.

Since the catch is caught on video it is a travesty that NFFC says "rules are rules", that is a weak stance. Changing the deadline right now serves nobody harm except those who are (unintentionally) benefitting from the Kevin Jones catch.

It doesn't break any contract, it corrects a weakness in the rules which the NFFC comissioners should be willing to do since it harms no one and serves to better the contest, not harm it.

Gordon Gekko

Potential Scoring Change

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:51 am

If the rules were changed in the middle of the season, i can imagine the following scenario...

Team X tentatively wins the 100K by less than a point.

On Thursday (after the Wednesday deadline originally in the Rules), Elias comes out with their scoring changes, such that Team X now drops to 2nd place, instead of the 100K winner.

Team X calls his attorney and a lawsuit ensues.

Now I'm not an attorney, but Team X's case certainly seems compelling.

[ November 14, 2007, 10:51 AM: Message edited by: Gordon Gekko ]
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

joetreff

Potential Scoring Change

Post by joetreff » Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:09 am

I can imagine that same lawsuit right now actually, if my player is on video scoring points and I don't receive those points and lose by that amount...

1 yard gains here and there are pretty subjective to the official scorer or whoever reviews the tape later. Catches are not subjective if it was rules a catch on the field then it is a catch, getting it correctly applied to the right player seems elementary whether Elias makes the deadline or not.

Captain Hook

Potential Scoring Change

Post by Captain Hook » Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:18 am

I think Everyone wants to get the scores correct.
Certainly there have to be some deadlines as it affects weekly scoring for H2H games

Given that the rules state both Wednesday and Thursday and that Elias has typically filed them on Thursdays, I think that should be the deadline and see no harm in that being implemented immediately. [someone will no doubt say that is not fair because teams in the first nine weeks had a different application of the rule - I would suggest that there may be ZERO NFFC H2H games that would have been changed so far; and even if there were, they are highly likely to be irrelevant by the time we finish the regular season; should there be one, Krause can deal with that exception as they see fit]

Furthermore on whatever small number of points (like KJ/RW example) have been changed by Official scoring changes, they should all be applied to NNFC teams total points as that is the measurement for both the Championship and Consolation rounds.

[ November 14, 2007, 11:19 AM: Message edited by: Captain Hook ]

Tom Kessenich

Potential Scoring Change

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:22 am

Perry, the rule is Wednesday. It is not Thursday. That was a typo and we apologize for the error. But the rule is Wednesday.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Gordon Gekko

Potential Scoring Change

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:45 am

Originally posted by felixflamingo:
I can imagine that same lawsuit right now actually, if my player is on video scoring points and I don't receive those points and lose by that amount...
Maybe I missed it in the Rules, but where did it say "video scoring" is used?
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

mkrucek

Potential Scoring Change

Post by mkrucek » Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:59 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by felixflamingo:
[/QUOTE]It was a typo, sorry.
You'll be fine long as your pretty face holds out, then it's gonna get pretty cold out...

joetreff

Potential Scoring Change

Post by joetreff » Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:17 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by felixflamingo:
[/QUOTE]Best way to document what happened in an NFL game I think is video, just my opinion though. If nobody watched or video taped the game the guys who make the box scores sure could make a lot of money...

Saying "rules are rules" and not applying common sense when the rule is found to be flawed is archaic and weak.