Ryan Torain Official Debut Thread!

renman

Post by renman » Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:57 am

I am 100% in agreement with Gekko.

All you can do is project production and value. From that perspective I believe Torain was very worthy of a roster spot. He EASILY could have been this years Ryan Grant and based on his production in last nights game he was off to a good start. I care less what defense it was against as this is the NFL and numbers are numbers no matter who you play.

He hurt his knee on a freak awkward tackle that could have happened to any "non injury prone" RB in the NFL. It does not mean he is a bum.. it does not mean owners who had him were lacking fantasy skill or knowledge. I did not have him but I can readily admit I wanted him and was watching the waiver wire waiting to snag him. He was primed for a big last month of the season and I think people are nuts to think otherwise. I care less what round he was drafted in (the NFL draft, not fantasy), I care less if he banged up his elbow... He was healthy NOW and had the starting role/job NOW and plays in a division with horrible defenses.

It is a bad break for teams who owned him and I do feel bad.

RapTors

Post by RapTors » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:02 am

sorry gekko,, i have WASTED enough time reading and typing about him. i can spend my time more wisely....we will pick up this tread in a year and a half after he is done rehabbing...isnt it amazing how some guys just cant stay healthy??? soft(like unbreakable)....karma.....sissies...amazing...dont take this as an attack gekko just the facts bro...sorry about your bad luck i have had my share as well....better luck the rest of the season ...seriously....sounds like you need a calzone or a pie!!!

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:04 am

Originally posted by Renman:

All you can do is project production and value. From that perspective I believe Torain was very worthy of a roster spot. He EASILY could have been this years Ryan Grant and based on his production in last nights game he was off to a good start. I care less what defense it was against as this is the NFL and numbers are numbers no matter who you play.

He hurt his knee on a freak awkward tackle that could have happened to any "non injury prone" RB in the NFL. It does not mean he is a bum.. it does not mean owners who had him were lacking fantasy skill or knowledge. I did not have him but I can readily admit I wanted him and was watching the waiver wire waiting to snag him. He was primed for a big last month of the season and I think people are nuts to think otherwise. I care less what round he was drafted in (the NFL draft, not fantasy), I care less if he banged up his elbow... He was healthy NOW and had the starting role/job NOW and plays in a division with horrible defenses.

It is a bad break for teams who owned him and I do feel bad. Very well said Ren. Are you available to give Torain’s eulogy? He’s being laid to rest next to Kevan Barlow and Mike Anderson.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:06 am

Originally posted by RapTors:
sorry gekko,, i have WASTED enough time reading and typing about him. i can spend my time more wisely....we will pick up this tread in a year and a half after he is done rehabbing...isnt it amazing how some guys just cant stay healthy??? soft(like unbreakable)....karma.....sissies...amazing...dont take this as an attack gekko just the facts bro...sorry about your bad luck i have had my share as well....better luck the rest of the season ...seriously....sounds like you need a calzone or a pie!!! ????

you write a post "he was injury prone at asu also....writing on the wall but some just dont wanna read it"

i call your bluff to provide supporting documentation and you scamper away????
:confused:
i will take a calzone!!!

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:13 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
Are you available to give Torain’s eulogy? He’s being laid to rest next to Kevan Barlow and Mike Anderson. Is Willie Parker one of the pall bearers?

[ November 07, 2008, 08:14 AM: Message edited by: King of Queens ]

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:15 am

Originally posted by King of Queens:
quote:Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
Are you available to give Torain’s eulogy? He’s being laid to rest next to Kevan Barlow and Mike Anderson. Is Willie Parker one of the pall bearers? [/QUOTE]Parker and Westbrook :(

da bears

Post by da bears » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:17 am

Originally posted by King of Queens:
quote:Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
Are you available to give Torain’s eulogy? He’s being laid to rest next to Kevan Barlow and Mike Anderson. Is Willie Parker one of the pall bearers? [/QUOTE]Yep I think so as Moore will be starting again this weekend against the Colts.
Bauler Shot Caller

Inf4life

Post by Inf4life » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:18 am

Originally posted by Renman:

It is a bad break for teams who owned him and I do feel bad. How can you project production for some guy that had a broken elbow and wasn't going to play until the end of the season? Ryan Grant didn't start off the season with an injury, he fell into the job because of someone else's injury. You say that you care less about the defense that he was going against. So are you saying he would carve up the Titans, Steelers or Ravens defense the same way as a defense that is giving up a 145 yards a game on the ground?

Granted, I will say that it was a freak play that could happen to anyone (i.e. Brady). I don't know about his injury history in college but I know about his history in the NFL. If it wasn't the knee I'm guessing it was going to be something else sooner or later. I guess we will never know.

The point I was trying to make was that I didn't see what all the hype was about for a guy that was busted up before he even got one carry in a real NFL game? And now he is out with another injury. We can somewhat compare this to Mendenhall, which Mark gladly bashed when snake tried to defend him. Oh that's right, Mark didn't have Mendenhall but he has Torain. Hmmm, interesting.

Everyone can say what they want about he was primed for this, schedule was great etc but he is hurt now and we will never know. Maybe he will come back next year and be a 3rd round draft pick and be the fantasy MVP. I guess we will just have to wait and see. But right now owners that stashed him for 9 weeks holding out hope that he was the reincarnation of Walter Payton, will have to throw him to the trash heap. It's not skill that caused this but bad luck.
2007 NFFC Classic Champion

Inf4life

Post by Inf4life » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:21 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by RapTors:
sorry gekko,, i have WASTED enough time reading and typing about him. i can spend my time more wisely....we will pick up this tread in a year and a half after he is done rehabbing...isnt it amazing how some guys just cant stay healthy??? soft(like unbreakable)....karma.....sissies...amazing...dont take this as an attack gekko just the facts bro...sorry about your bad luck i have had my share as well....better luck the rest of the season ...seriously....sounds like you need a calzone or a pie!!! ????

you write a post "he was injury prone at asu also....writing on the wall but some just dont wanna read it"

i call your bluff to provide supporting documentation and you scamper away????
:confused:
i will take a calzone!!!
[/QUOTE]Here is the link:

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/story/99813
2007 NFFC Classic Champion

RapTors

Post by RapTors » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:21 am

ok...i will bite(good pun!)

from the asu website 2007: Started the first six games of the season before missing the final seven games due to injury.

2007....toe...2008...elbow....knee...2009...confidence.....hmmmmm??? i guess his shoulder is next!! whenever, he sees the field again. dont get me wrong i hope hid injury is not season ending and fantasy leaguers all around the country have to deal the rb "shanahanigans!"