NFFC Champions League 2 Draft Order

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:50 pm

Originally posted by Tamuscarecrow:
I agree, KofQ, that Manning won't make it back to the top 3 in the Main draft. I doubt anybody drafting tonight had the cheatsheets made up that they will use in 2 months. It's easy for one guy to overlook a player but normally the second guy doesn't. Gerard would have kicked my a** if I had said anything other than Manning in the 2nd round for the Main event. So you would have passed on Boldin? I have to say, getting Larry Johnson/Fitzgerald/Boldin would have been very nice, too.

SNAKE nailed it -- the Number 1 slot is the place to be this year. There were so many available options as the 2.14/3.01 picks were approaching that I was going to get two great players no matter what.

TradeStar28

Post by TradeStar28 » Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:51 pm

Futhermore, I will be ebay'ing the gekko 2004 draft strategy guide. I take pay pal and barter.
2012 - FI$HER - Flying High Again

TradeStar28

Post by TradeStar28 » Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:53 pm

Or you can order Gekko's 2005 draft strategy guide directly from FBG...but that is in the bargain bin @ borders

TamuScarecrow

Post by TamuScarecrow » Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:53 pm

Fisher, just remember a big part of hold em is bluffing. What I say here may be exactly what I want you to hear so if you take it serious and it happens to not be sound strategy, not my fault. Those who take things here seriously do so at their own risk.

Now, as for GEKKO calling you out, JJ, he stated pretty plainly that he would be getting back with you and Ponch in the near future on terms of a bet. That didn't mean today so your best bet is to stay on him to pony up the terms. Like I told Snake and like Gekko told you, any bet made now when draft picks from last night could get hurt between now and opening day is foolish on everybody's part so I would suggest you wait until a week before the season starts to start hollering Chicken Little.
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ

RI WORKHORSE

Post by RI WORKHORSE » Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:54 pm

Originally posted by King of Queens:
quote:Originally posted by Tamuscarecrow:
I agree, KofQ, that Manning won't make it back to the top 3 in the Main draft. I doubt anybody drafting tonight had the cheatsheets made up that they will use in 2 months. It's easy for one guy to overlook a player but normally the second guy doesn't. Gerard would have kicked my a** if I had said anything other than Manning in the 2nd round for the Main event. So you would have passed on Boldin? I have to say, getting Larry Johnson/Fitzgerald/Boldin would have been very nice, too.

SNAKE nailed it -- the Number 1 slot is the place to be this year. There were so many available options as the 2.14/3.01 picks were approaching that I was going to get two great players no matter what.
[/QUOTE]King this is why doing BBDS or a auction proves alot more skill and less luck....oh yeah and if it was all about total points.... :D
I.W
Johnny Frisella

TradeStar28

Post by TradeStar28 » Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:56 pm

Fisher, just remember a big part of hold em is bluffing. What I say here may be exactly what I want you to hear so if you take it serious and it happens to not be sound strategy, not my fault. Those who take things here seriously do so at their own risk.

Now, as for GEKKO calling you out, JJ, he stated pretty plainly that he would be getting back with you and Ponch in the near future on terms of a bet. That didn't mean today so your best bet is to stay on him to pony up the terms. Like I told Snake and like Gekko told you, any bet made now when draft picks from last night could get hurt between now and opening day is foolish on everybody's part so I would suggest you wait until a week before the season starts to start hollering Chicken Little. I dunno Tamu...their seems to be alot of peeps here who like to beat their chests and claim they are King of the Jungle.

Whats with all the freakin bets I hear everytime i am on here? just wait till the draft, select your team, do your Blind bidding, submit your lineup...and eventually the best team will win.

Soon people here will be betting that the other guy is too afraid to bet. lol

Have we turned this joint into romper room ?

RI WORKHORSE

Post by RI WORKHORSE » Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:57 pm

Now, as for GEKKO calling you out, JJ, he stated pretty plainly that he would be getting back with you and Ponch in the near future on terms of a bet. That didn't mean today so your best bet is to stay on him to pony up the terms. Like I told Snake and like Gekko told you, any bet made now when draft picks from last night could get hurt between now and opening day is foolish on everybody's part so I would suggest you wait until a week before the season starts to start hollering Chicken Little. Then what the hell does this mean-
i've got a format i'll throw out later if you guys aren't wearing your dresses yet.

Does that mean next year?

I think i know who's got the dress on....
I.W
Johnny Frisella

TamuScarecrow

Post by TamuScarecrow » Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:03 pm

You wouldn't have gotten all 3, KofQ, but you would have gotten either Fitz or Boldin. Had I been in Moyer's spot I would have taken Manning but sitting where I was there was a 50/50 shot you wouldn't get him and I would have all but bet the house Mark was going to take him. That said, your season is not riding on Manning and your rb's but on all of those #2 and #3 wr's you have. If they produce you win, if they don't produce you are going to be in a battle every week. Still a lot can change and happen between now and the season opener so everyone's roster could turn from rags to riches and vice versa. Should be fun. :cool:
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:05 pm

Originally posted by RI WORKHORSE:
King this is why doing BBDS or a auction proves alot more skill and less luck....oh yeah and if it was all about total points.... :D I agree with all that, but H2H is an awful lot of fun. Gekko and I were playing each other in the semi-finals last year in Gekko II. I needed something like 22 points out of Todd Heap in the Week 15 Monday night game. Things were looking pretty grim, but guess what? Heap scored two TDs in the first half, and his first reception of the 3rd quarter sealed the deal. Sometimes you gotta get lucky, too.

One of the great attractions of fantasy football is that you have almost the perfect blend of luck and skill. Sure, the diehards would prefer a system that involves more skill than luck (better chance of winning), but somehow, I'd miss the element of chance that's a big part of the current format.