If you want to sign up for a super slow draft ...

Pitch12

Re: If you want to sign up for a super slow draft ...

Post by Pitch12 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:28 pm

Don Draper wrote:Going on 5 hours for Dietzman for his current pick. This is after he had an 8 hour timeout. Seems like "the system" is working beautifully here. NOT :roll:
What are you in a rush for, I don't get it? What is anyone in a rush for? It's July 15th.

got heeem

Post by got heeem » Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:22 pm

I guess some will never get it , it's the flow of the draft that everyone wants. If you got to be gone a whole day just tell everyone . I do think the worst is when the green dot is on for hours w/o no picking .If your not around turn your shit off .

got heeem

Post by got heeem » Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:32 pm

Pitch12 wrote:
Don Draper wrote:Going on 5 hours for Dietzman for his current pick. This is after he had an 8 hour timeout. Seems like "the system" is working beautifully here. NOT :roll:
What are you in a rush for, I don't get it? What is anyone in a rush for? It's July 15th.
These slow drafts end in Aug . Not like they play all year . Slow drafters mean less sign ups .

Don Draper

Post by Don Draper » Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:51 pm

got heeem wrote:I guess some will never get it
tru dat.

right or wrong, i envision slow drafters as folks receiving government assistance (even though they are able bodied, but just don't want to work). they only receive benefits because of us workers (quicker drafters) :lol:

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:01 pm

Don Draper wrote:
tru dat.

right or wrong, i envision slow drafters as folks receiving government assistance (even though they are able bodied, but just don't want to work). they only receive benefits because of us workers (quicker drafters) :lol:
Exactly right Mark, government assistance is "in the rules" just like the 8-hour clock ... no one has to pick in less time and no one in the country has to work, either. Both can just take advantage of what everyone else does around them. Clock-burners are one in the same with slackers (and worse) in society.

The only positive from having one in your league - I've never seen a clock-burner win a league in baseball or football, if they had any competence to begin with ...

Don Draper

Post by Don Draper » Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:05 pm

another 8 hour time out for Paul Dietzman

he's a real good guy Greg :lol:

BigBlueNation

Post by BigBlueNation » Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:09 pm

Don Draper wrote:
tru dat.

LMAO, I actually laughed out loud when I read this. Great analogy Mark. BTW, I sent you a PM.
Bill Cleavenger
UK Wildcats...We don't rebuild, we "RELOAD"

BONGIZMO

Post by BONGIZMO » Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:12 pm

Maybe it's you Mark lol. Dietz actually posted his number in our league and that he would be busy with work today and asked if we could text when his time came up. I did and he made his pick straight away. Now as I mentioned before, others are timing out all over this draft so it's like watching paint dry but figured I best mention atm for us it wasn't him. :?

Scott
Never do card tricks for the people you play poker with.

BONGIZMO

Post by BONGIZMO » Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:13 pm

BigBlueNation wrote:
Don Draper wrote:
tru dat.

LMAO, I actually laughed out loud when I read this. Great analogy Mark. BTW, I sent you a PM.
+1 to this :lol:
Never do card tricks for the people you play poker with.

afv

Post by afv » Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:37 pm

Don Draper wrote:
tru dat.

Nice analogy. Occasionally, we all need a little help. Sick kids and late meetings impact drafts, or unexpected layoffs in the case of employment. A little extra time to get your sh*t together is fine. The key is open and honest communication. Texts and draft chat helps. However if the offender is constantly impacting the other 11 drafters who are working hard to maximize their wealth in a reasonable timeframe, this offender risks impacting the global NFFC (lost revenue $) and has an unfair information/news advantage over the other 11. If someone is taking advantage of disability coverage for instance isn't it our duty, let alone or right, to help correct the situation?

Given my post re Satellite DCs fell on deaf ears and this thread is active, I'll post it here....Any interest in a non-national contest DC? Even possible?