Week 1 FAAB

larry schechter

Week 1 FAAB

Post by larry schechter » Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:15 am

DT -- I agree with you on Green-Ellis. Taylor and Sammy Morris are huge injury risks, Maroney is gone, and Faulk is only a 3rd down back.

David U. Kennedy

Week 1 FAAB

Post by David U. Kennedy » Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:16 am

I obtained loyd on my online teams for about 150 in almost every league. I think its worth a shot for that much. I dont see clayton doing much this year. I also pikd up Shipley in a lot of leagues. I think shipley will put up Collie like numbers from last year. I think loyd will do what gaffney was expected to do this year.

BLACKHAND

Week 1 FAAB

Post by BLACKHAND » Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:18 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
A little off topic, but I'm hoping that Eric Lundgren (sp?) Made a bunch of pickups this week. to answer you question. i guess you decide. i dont want to show my disgust.

Chansi Stuckey $18
steve johnson $13

thats it. lloyd went for $333 in our league and clayton was drafted. i even pm him with very nice words but he is to much of a bigshot to answer a guy like me back.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

larry schechter

Week 1 FAAB

Post by larry schechter » Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:23 am

Blackhand -- I saw your message. Good luck to you, too.

Damn, I'm pissed I lost Clayton on a freakin tiebreaker, because I beat the other team week 1 by 1.5 points. I hope I was wrong about Clayton and he sucks.

Raiders

Week 1 FAAB

Post by Raiders » Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:32 am

Originally posted by larry schechter:
Blackhand -- I saw your message. Good luck to you, too.

Damn, I'm pissed I lost Clayton on a freakin tiebreaker, because I beat the other team week 1 by 1.5 points. I hope I was wrong about Clayton and he sucks. Question is Danny Amendola better to have for far less?

?

Coltsfan

Week 1 FAAB

Post by Coltsfan » Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:36 am

John,

I didn't have Grant anywhere near my top 10 so there is no way Jackson finshes there.

Wayne

Raiders

Week 1 FAAB

Post by Raiders » Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:41 am

Originally posted by Coltsfan:
John,

I didn't have Grant anywhere near my top 10 so there is no way Jackson finshes there.

Wayne $900 bid or more = Top 10 at least, no?

John

PS. Any takers?

[ September 18, 2010, 10:42 AM: Message edited by: Raiders ]

Tom Kessenich

Week 1 FAAB

Post by Tom Kessenich » Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:50 am

Originally posted by Coltsfan:
John,

Wayne I agree Wayne. I liked Grant a lot but I didn't have him ranked as a Top 10 RB. So I wouldn't expect Jackson to outperform him considering I view him as a lesser talent. You can certainly make the argument that putting a high bid on Jackson doesn't mean you need him to be a Top 10 RB. You may have a need for a strong RB2 and this could be your best chance to get one - especially considering the situation. That would justify an aggressive bid for Jackson.

It really comes down to your roster and what you are needing Jackson to provide. It's possible some (perhaps many) people bid on him believing he will be a strong RB1. I would think, however, that more people view him as a potentially solid RB2, one who could strengthen an already strong RB corps or provide needed help to one that may have some early season issues. So it's very possible for Jackson to provide the help his new owner needs and justify the bid placed without him being a Top 10 fantasy RB in the process.

Just my two cents.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

rkulaski

Week 1 FAAB

Post by rkulaski » Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:56 am

Originally posted by Raiders:
quote:Originally posted by Coltsfan:
John,

Wayne $900 bid or more = Top 10 at least, no?

John

PS. Any takers?
[/QUOTE]I didn't have Grant anywhere near my top 10 either so why would I have Jackson as a top 10 back?? Packers will throw a lot, maybe not this weekend against poor Buffalo, but more often than not they will throw, not run.

Now do you want to place a side bet on Jackson being hurt by week 5??

I agree with Wayne about predicting injuries. Every rb is at risk. I will say that some rbs do seem more prone to nagging injuries, etc like Westbrook with his knees, F Taylor and his hamstring and JAckson has certainly had his share of them. But Jackson is healthy now and think a C Benson or J Addai is more likely to miss time at some point this season than Jackson. By Week 5?? Who the heck knows :D

DOOMSDAY

Week 1 FAAB

Post by DOOMSDAY » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:03 am

Lost out on Clayton bidding over 200 but I did get the soon to be #1 stud RB in Cleveland for a mere buck... James Davis!