NFFC Satellite League Results

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:45 am

Originally posted by Nag':
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
You and Nag each have the 12th pick in the WCOFF, so at season's end let me know if 3RR would have benefitted you or not. If I will do poorly in WCOFF from the 12 slot, it means I drafted poorly, not that I needed assistance from an artificially created source to help me succeed.

But that's just the way I see things. Other opinions seem to vary.
[/QUOTE]I don't have a dog in this fight, but I don't see how 3RR becomes an "artificially created source"?

If leveling the playing field or the perception of such is a bad thing, then I'm all for it.
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

mkrucek

Post by mkrucek » Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:47 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by 4D:
quote:Originally posted by Nag':
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
[qb] [QUOTE]Originally posted by Nag':
[qb] [QUOTE]If 2004 season was the year LT2 had the record breaking year instead of 2006 and the final stats from 2006 looked like the ones above, would there have been 3RR in 2007? Alex, this doesn't make any sense. If LT2 had the record breaking year in 2004 and I was as smart as I am now, we would have had KDS/3RR in 2005. So the answer would be yes, because once we went with 3RR there was no turning back!!
[/QUOTE]Then this IS the LT rule? :D
[/QUOTE]This is like a Saturday Night Live skit from the '70s, where if you're old enough to remember I now say, "Jane you ignorant sl--!!"
[/QUOTE]Thank you Dan! :D
You'll be fine long as your pretty face holds out, then it's gonna get pretty cold out...

Nag'

Post by Nag' » Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:54 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
I was at WCOFF in 2002 when everyone wanted Marshall Faulk and felt the No. 1 teams had an advantage. The perception of an advantage and having an actual advantage are two different points which you continue to mix together like a fruit salad. The top picks are always coveted - yes - but they don't always produce to point scorers. You've admitted on numerous occasions, including this thread, that one of the main reasons you installed 3RR is because of the publicly percieved advantage with regards to winning from the top slots. You've fixed the perception for many - that's fine, but you can't claim that AND at the same time try to claim that 3RR is actually needed in reality. Because historically, it has not been.
For Players. By Players.

freddiezee

Post by freddiezee » Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:55 am

Right now, owners' KDS rankings are varying a lot, which means that we can't agree on which spots are best with 3RR, which means that 3RR is working perfectly.
Under the old system, more KDS preferences were close to 1-14. I don't think I am incorrect in assuming that.
If next summer everyone has a similar KDS, then 3RR won't have done it's job, but I don't think that will be the case. I think we will still be trying to decide if, after the top pick or 2, it is better to pick higher or lower. Who knows, some might even decide that the risk of some top 3-5 backs isn't worth it, so one should pick lower and grab 3 of the top 30 picks.
Just today I was going back over my KDS....pick 14th and pick 2 stud WR and then a RB at the top of round 3? Pick in the middle and get 2 RB's and then a WR1 in round 3? Pick 3rd and get LJ or Gore but then only draft 1 out of the next 36 players? Tough choices. With no 3RR I would have basically left it 1-14.

Nag'

Post by Nag' » Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:56 am

Originally posted by KOTRAX:
You and Nag each have the 12th pick in the WCOFF, so at season's end let me know if 3RR would have benefitted you or not. If I will do poorly in WCOFF from the 12 slot, it means I drafted poorly, not that I needed assistance from an artificially created source to help me succeed.

[/QUOTE]HEY NAG I WOULD NOT SAY YOU DRAFTED POORLY IF YOU DID NOT DO WELL FROM THE 12 SPOT IN THE WCOFF. AS YOU KNOW THE NUCLEUS OF YOUR TEAM WILL BE FROM THAT 12/13 PICK. NOW ONE COULD HAVE TOOK CADILLAC AND LAMONT JORDAN THERE LAST YEAR WHICH WERE JUSTIFIABLE AND GOOD PICKS BUT THEY FLOPPED. NOW WITH THAT BEING SAID IT IS MUCH MORE DIFFICULT TO WEED OUT THOSE TYPE OF PLAYERS VS PICKING AN LT OR LJ. THIS YEAR YOU A LOOKING AT MARONEY, MAGAHEE, HENRY, R.BROWN AND OR TWO TOP FLIGHT RECEIVERS. NOT IF BOTH AND I MEAN BOTH DON'T COME THROUGH YOUR CHANCES ARE HARDER THAN GETTING A STUD FROM THE TOP OF THE DRAFT. SO I HAVE TO DISAGREE AND SAY IF YOU DIDN'T DO WELL IT WASN'T BECAUSE OF POOR DRAFTING.
[/QUOTE]You drafted according to the consensus ADP and failed. That's on YOU. You could have drafted Gore and Parker instead of Jordan and Caddy, but instead you were a sheep and now you don't want to take responsiblity. I am ready to take that responsibility. As I said, opinions vary.
For Players. By Players.

freddiezee

Post by freddiezee » Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:58 am

Another great aspect of 3RR, especially when you talk about hte difference between a real advantage and a perceived advantage is that with KDS/3RR, an owner can actually have the guts to say "I don't want LT or SJax" and be rewarded for their guts in the next 2 rounds by getting earlier picks.

KOTRAX

Post by KOTRAX » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:01 am

I was at WCOFF in 2002 when everyone wanted Marshall Faulk and felt the No. 1 teams had an advantage. The perception of an advantage and having an actual advantage are two different points which you continue to mix together like a fruit salad. The top picks are always coveted - yes - but they don't always produce to point scorers. You've admitted on numerous occasions, including this thread, that one of the main reasons you installed 3RR is because of the publicly percieved advantage with regards to winning from the top slots. You've fixed the perception for many - that's fine, but you can't claim that AND at the same time try to claim that 3RR is actually needed in reality. Because historically, it has not been. [/QUOTE]HOWEVER NAG LOOK AT THE LAST FEW YEARS RESULTS. LIKE STATED BEFORE 50 OF 70 OWNERS LAST YEAR EITHER HAD L.T. OR L.J. AND I'M SURE WHAT IT WAS THE YEAR BEFORE. NOW WITH OVER 70% OF LEAGUE OWNERS WINNING THEIR LEAGUE EITHER FROM THE ONE TWO OR THREE SPOT DOES THAT TAKE MUCH SKILL. NOT SAYING THEY DID DRAFT GOOD PLAYERS AFTER THEM BUT THEY HAD THE MUCH EASIER ROAD. EVEN THOUGH I DON'T KNOW WHO WERE ON THE OTHER 20 TEAMS OWNERS WHO DID NOT HAVE THOSE GUYS I'M EITHER PRETTY SURE THEY PROBABLY HAD COLSTON, FURREY OR GORE OR OTHER SLEEPERS TO SUPPORT. PICKING FROM THE BACK HALF WHO CAN'T BANK ON THAT TO WIN. SO I THINK FOR 2007 3RR IS A GREAT IDEA. ESPECIALLY LIKE GREG SAID WHEN YOU FACTOR KDS WITH IT.

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:01 am

My success from the 12 slot this year or any other slot will depend on me and ONLY me.. Your (or anyone's) success depends on a lot more than how well YOU drafted.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:06 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:

My success from the 12 slot this year or any other slot will depend on me and ONLY me.. Your (or anyone's) success depends on a lot more than how well YOU drafted.
[/QUOTE]Now that is a great post! You can have the best draft possible and still lose based on what happens not only in other areas of the draft, but also by the FA pool. Not to mention H2H luck off the draw.
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

KOTRAX

Post by KOTRAX » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:09 am

quote:Originally posted by KOTRAX:

[/QUOTE]HEY NAG I WOULD NOT SAY YOU DRAFTED POORLY IF YOU DID NOT DO WELL FROM THE 12 SPOT IN THE WCOFF. AS YOU KNOW THE NUCLEUS OF YOUR TEAM WILL BE FROM THAT 12/13 PICK. NOW ONE COULD HAVE TOOK CADILLAC AND LAMONT JORDAN THERE LAST YEAR WHICH WERE JUSTIFIABLE AND GOOD PICKS BUT THEY FLOPPED. NOW WITH THAT BEING SAID IT IS MUCH MORE DIFFICULT TO WEED OUT THOSE TYPE OF PLAYERS VS PICKING AN LT OR LJ. THIS YEAR YOU A LOOKING AT MARONEY, MAGAHEE, HENRY, R.BROWN AND OR TWO TOP FLIGHT RECEIVERS. NOT IF BOTH AND I MEAN BOTH DON'T COME THROUGH YOUR CHANCES ARE HARDER THAN GETTING A STUD FROM THE TOP OF THE DRAFT. SO I HAVE TO DISAGREE AND SAY IF YOU DIDN'T DO WELL IT WASN'T BECAUSE OF POOR DRAFTING.
[/QUOTE]You drafted according to the consensus ADP and failed. That's on YOU. You could have drafted Gore and Parker instead of Jordan and Caddy, but instead you were a sheep and now you don't want to take responsiblity. I am ready to take that responsibility. As I said, opinions vary.
[/QUOTE]YOU ARE RIGHT NAG BUT WHAT I AM SAYING IS YOU HAVE TO NAIL BOTH PICK AT THAT SPOT. 1 OUT OF 2 IS NOT GOING TO CUT IT. YOU KNOW AS WELL AS I FRANK GORE WAS NOT GOING AT THE END OF THE FIRST ROUND LAST YEAR. TO MAKE THAT CALL IS ALMOST LIKE MISS CLEO PICKING YOUR DRAFT FOR YOU. THAT WOULD BE LIKE IF ADRIAN PETERSON (MIN) BLEW UP THIS YEAR FOR 1,400 AND 13 TD AND THEN IN 2008 I SAY WELL YOU COULD HAVE DRAFTED PETERSON OVER HENRY.(OR THAT TYPE OF PLAYER) I RESPECT YOUR OPINIONS AND WHAT YOU HAVE ACCOMPLISHED IN FANTASY FOOTBALL BUT I STILL WOULD NOT SAY IF YOU FAILED FROM THE 12 PICK IT WAS BECAUSE OF POOR DRAFTING BECAUSE THERE IS MUCH MORE ROOM FOR ERROR AT THAT END THATS ALL.