Quitters ruin this contest....

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:30 pm

Originally posted by Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:
Well, I am on pace to make it to the championship round again in the Classic (albeit currently as the #3 seed).

I have always said there is more strategy in the 14 team event (nothing to do with my success). For the same reasons you feel the 15 team baseball event is more strategy than the 12 team.

I also use the 14 team model because the Primetime hasn't even completed 2 full seasons, and the Classic has 5 full seasons under it's belt.

I think you would agree that MORE DATA/MORE YEARS would show which players have more skill.....er uh I mean "better luck"? so to summarize:
*14 team leagues are more skill than 12 team leagues
*the 3 week sprint for the 100K is a "lottery"
*you use an 80% double your money payback model in 14 team leagues
*what is the double your money payback % you use for 12 team leagues?
[/QUOTE]1) Yes
2) poor choice of words on my part (see Glenn's post)
3) I have gone by what I have done for 5 years. It doesn't matter, if I made the championship round 4 of the next 5, people like you would still consider it "luck". :rolleyes:
4) Less, but not exactly sure.

Gordon Gekko II

Post by Gordon Gekko II » Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:39 pm

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
1) Yes
3) I have gone by what I have done for 5 years. It doesn't matter, if I made the championship round 4 of the next 5, people like you would still consider it "luck". :rolleyes:
4) Less, but not exactly sure. waz - u are going off on a self-induced tangent again. if you make the championship round 4 out of 5 years based on points, there is skill there. what's your beef? i've always said you've underperformed IN THE PLAYOFFS because it is the short run and "luck" lives in the short run. you've been unlucky. again, what's your beef with me, specificly when you said "people like you"? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

also, if 14 team leagues are more skill, why are you playing in FOUR 12 team main events? why aren't you playing in a 14 team Super and/or a 14 team Ultimate league instead of the more luck-based 12 team leagues?

[ November 14, 2009, 07:43 PM: Message edited by: Gekko ]

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:05 pm

1) Yes
4) Less, but not exactly sure. waz - u are going off on a self-induced tangent again. if you make the championship round 4 out of 5 years based on points, there is skill there. what's your beef? i've always said you've underperformed IN THE PLAYOFFS because it is the short run and "luck" lives in the short run. you've been unlucky. again, what's your beef with me, specificly when you said "people like you"? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

also, if 14 team leagues are more skill, why are you playing in FOUR 12 team main events? why aren't you playing in a 14 team Super and/or a 14 team Ultimate league instead of the more luck-based 12 team leagues?
[/QUOTE]You know I agree there should be an advantage in the playoffs....just don't think it will happen. My beef is no point in arguing/bringing up this point.

Good question. Up till this season, my 12 team High Stakes was 5 of 8 (doubling my $$). After this year....... :eek:

I need to throw my hat in the Super. I can't fund the Ultimate as it is too much coin for a teacher in VA. ;)

[ November 14, 2009, 08:11 PM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:15 pm

Originally posted by GK:
...the merry go-round of FF threads continue here, eh?...will some ever get off?...or is it too much fun riding the little horsie?...GK Keep in mind Glenn, there was a time you were having so much fun on the little horsie that your pants were "soiled" when you got off.

Just two friends having a friendly debate. :D

[ November 14, 2009, 08:17 PM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

renman

Post by renman » Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:21 am

Why is "how much does luck define fantasy football results" debated here so much? Even this thread that was about quitter teams negatively impacting league integrity, now has morphed into how much luck is in ff.

Who cares? Why is it even a discussed topic? The vast majority of competitions in the world have a luck element.

KenGill

Post by KenGill » Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:13 pm

I agree with that statement, Renman. How many more of these ridiculous "skill vs luck" debates are we going to have here. Everyone knows that there is some skill and some luck, so let's move on.

In the meantime, maybe we should be debating the much more important problem about how to get rid of the "dead team" problem.
I never lost a game. I only ran out of time. Bobby Layne
Kid....if you're going to make it in this league, you're going to have to learn to drink. Bobby Layne

Gordon Gekko II

Post by Gordon Gekko II » Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:12 pm

It's called FANBALL! :D

http://www.fanball.com/challengegames/?ArenaID=1

- NO H2H

- POINTS ARE BASED ON WEEKS 1-17

-EVERYONE CAN HAVE THE SAME PLAYER!!! So no more complaining "his league is harder than mine", "this player only went for this much in his FAAB, but went this much in mine".

THIS IS WHAT YOU HAVE WANTED FOR YEARS!!!!

Based on all your findings, would this not be a high stakes game comprised of MOSTLY skill???

Who knew that the merger with Fanball would be a PERFECT match for you??? :D from Footballguys.com MB...

Fanball Is Terrible - STAY AWAY!, Fanball Commissioner

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/in ... pic=487718

[ November 16, 2009, 05:13 AM: Message edited by: Gekko ]

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:30 am

It's called FANBALL! :D

http://www.fanball.com/challengegames/?ArenaID=1

- NO H2H

- POINTS ARE BASED ON WEEKS 1-17

-EVERYONE CAN HAVE THE SAME PLAYER!!! So no more complaining "his league is harder than mine", "this player only went for this much in his FAAB, but went this much in mine".

THIS IS WHAT YOU HAVE WANTED FOR YEARS!!!!

Based on all your findings, would this not be a high stakes game comprised of MOSTLY skill???

Who knew that the merger with Fanball would be a PERFECT match for you??? :D from Footballguys.com MB...

Fanball Is Terrible - STAY AWAY!, Fanball Commissioner

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/in ... pic=487718
[/QUOTE]For YOU, it is perfect though!

On a side note, I'm sure Greg, Tom, Ryan (and the rest of Fanball) are gonna love you posting this! :eek:

Gordon Gekko II

Post by Gordon Gekko II » Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:44 am

For YOU, it is perfect though!

On a side note, I'm sure Greg, Tom, Ryan (and the rest of Fanball) are gonna love you posting this! :eek: i took a brief look at the company/league YOU suggested. :eek:

i try not to deal with companies that have problems with their interface. been there, done that. i don't care if the league is straight points. it's not worth my time, and i'm sure many others agree.