6 Viable Options For 2012 FAAB In The NFFC In 2012

Cocktails and Dreams

Post by Cocktails and Dreams » Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:10 am

Wayne, I have been one that has stated it is an advantage for the better players to do it on Wednesday. I still believe that is true, but that is a secondary reason I like them ran than. The far more important issues are being able to bid on everyone at the same time, for the many reasons that have been discussed.

That being said, would greatly prefer the one Friday waiver like you prefer, over the run Thursday only players on Wednesday idea that has lots and lots of problems, more of which get pointed out on a daily basis. Your idea is an acceptable one for me, although I would rather be done with free agents on Wednesday personally. It only requires the waivers to be done once at least which is a good thing.

The Franchise

Post by The Franchise » Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:09 am

Originally posted by Sandman62:
quote:Originally posted by Coltsfan:
quote:Originally posted by ForLoveOfTheGame:
[QUOTE]
I still prefer one waiver period, most likely on Friday, as two teams on Thursday, one of which most likely sucks, is something you can plan ahead for I agree with this.

Some people have posted here that they feel like they get an advantage by having waivers earlier in the week before the injury reports come out. My question is do they want early waivers because they are worried about the Thursday game or are the trying to gain an advantage on the rest of the players by having early waivers?

It seems pretty simple to plan ahead for the following Thursday's game so I can't see that being a huge issue. If it to gain an advantage at the expense of others then that just doesn't seem like a valid reason to run waivers on Wednesdays.

Wayne
[/QUOTE]So, let's say we watched and read about all the games last week and we see some injuries, some increased targets, an easier upcoming schedule, etc. that lead us to believe that a player is about to breakout. We're a bit thin at that player's position due to injuries and byes, and we're pretty sure we'd actually start him this week over our other lesser options. But this week, he's playing on Thurs and not the weekend. With only one waiver period that runs AFTER the Thurs game, NO ONE will be able to use that player until the following week.

I'm not sure this is a show-stopper, but it is another issue to weigh.
[/QUOTE]I have stated my thoughts more than once and do not want to keep piling on to the same thing, but people continue to bring up good points for why Waivers should be run before the first game of the week and this one above is another big one.

Personally I do think there is an advantage to waivers being run on Wed, but it's not the reason why I want it.

The reason above is the reason why. Plus if I'm going to bid on players I think it only makes sense to bid on the whole pool of players not just a select few playing on Thursday night.

There I have said my peace and will stop posting because it's not helping or adding to the conversation from what I have already said before.

Thank you

One more thing.......

Pat, F-Jax got hurt in that game on Sunday and CJ was a player I was adding regardless of the news that came out after Wednesday. My example was give me a player that got hurt between Wed and Fri. I can only think of one time this happened, but it didn't even matter.

Manningham suffered a hamstring injury during practice late in the year and I believe they were playing the 49ers on a Saturday no less. He still played and probably had his best game of the year. Then he went back to sucking again :rolleyes: :mad:

Other than that (which still had no impact) I do not remember any other situations that would have impacted an Overall competition. That is the reason why I don't see why full waivers can't be run on Wednesday and then again on Friday
Winning isn't everything, but the will to win is.

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:11 am

After looking at Mike's example and reading through all of this I think that I"m going to change my mind to Wednesday only as my first option. It just seems to make the most sense. And Mike's example is the perfect example as to why Wednesday is probably best.

I do appreciate the fact that Greg is willing to open up the wavier bidding earlier which will really help! At least we can get the kickers and defense bids out of the way early. (I really didn't think that I would be changing my mind on this... :cool: )

Wayne

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:47 am

Originally posted by Coltsfan:
... (I really didn't think that I would be changing my mind on this... :cool: )
Wayne Me neither Wayne!

But I do try to understand others' positions and really try to identify and weigh as many options and variables as possible when making tough decisions. For me, that's my "due diligence".

[As much as my position in the Tebow thread may have suggested otherwise ;) ]

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:49 am

Very interesting. Another HSFF contest is using the following rules:

==============================

Blind Bid Free Agency:

Wednesdays: Can bid on players that are playing this Thursday.

Friday: Open to all available free agent players.

===============================

Cocktails and Dreams

Post by Cocktails and Dreams » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:54 am

Thankfully that isn't finalized until May 1st:)

ForLoveOfTheGame

Post by ForLoveOfTheGame » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:18 am

I'm all for all players Wed only too.

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:37 pm

greg , sides have been drawn. time to settle this one way or the other.

THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:37 pm

Originally posted by THE_BLACKHAND:
greg , sides have been drawn. time to settle this one way or the other.

Nah,no need for any blood or a hanging Frankie!! We can do this without bloodshed. :D

The discussion so far is informative and I think a survey with all options makes sense. I haven't exactly decided how I want to do it yet, but we'll get it done soon.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:09 am

Okay, I think all has been discussed on the FAAB subject and we all agree it's time to make some final decisions. I definitely want to survey all of our members and even during the off-season hopefully enough people will respond to the survey. Let me see if we can rank the options first and then I'll post it here. My plan is to get this in the hands of all NFFC participants from last year by mid-week and give it a week to formulate results. From there I can likely move forward or narrow this down to 2 remaining options. Either way, we should finalize our FAAB process shortly.

Look for more details soon.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius