Ryan Torain Official Debut Thread!

renman

Post by renman » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:29 am

Gekko,

I must admit I was high on Barlow for a couple years... :mad:

Getta,

You must know how many talented RB's there are in the NFL who were taken all over a draft board or even not drafted (willie parker, priest holmes, and others). Lots of talented RB's "fall into a job" due to injury. I have Buckhalter, Felix Jones and L. Washington sitting on my rosters just in case that happens. Why? Because I believe they all have the talent to exploit their opportunity if it comes.

I do not believe Torain would have carved up the Titans or Steelers but neither will the top RB's in the NFL. Outside of one run and some garbage time receptions Portis (by far the top RB this year) was shut down by the Steelers. As for hype.. there will ALWAYS be "hype" among fantasy owners (especially in high stakes leagues with 14 teams where talent is spread thin) about a possible starting RB emerging in week 10. No one is saying he is the next A. Peterson.. but for week ten.. you will be hard pressed to find a player who would be projected to provide the numbers Torain would/could have.

For that reason I believe he deserved all the buzz he was getting around the NFFC and fantasy football in general.

Nag'

Post by Nag' » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:58 am

Originally posted by Go Getta:

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/story/99813 Wow, thanks for that info. I personally had no idea, but I wasn't high on Torain so I didn't bother investigating. Certainly puts into perspective a few things about Torain: 1 - why he missed the first 9 games this year with yet another injury, 2 - why he was a 5th round pick in the draft and 3 - why he is now on IR.
For Players. By Players.

Sound Advice

Post by Sound Advice » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:01 am

The point I was trying to make was that I didn't see what all the hype was about for a guy that was busted up before he even got one carry in a real NFL game? And now he is out with another injury. We can somewhat compare this to Mendenhall, which Mark gladly bashed when snake tried to defend him. Oh that's right, Mark didn't have Mendenhall but he has Torain. Hmmm, interesting.
Well said.

But you missed the best part. Shanny said he was the bee's knees, remember? You must have missed that.
He had him as the #1 rb in Den.
Unfortunately it was at the same time that he had Sheffler as a #3 te.
If I believed Shanny, I'd have drafted him too and held him all year. Now I'd be crying like a little gal also.

Fantasy Football for Dummies.
page 1:
"Take everything Shanny says with a grain of salt."
page 2:
THE END

Any publishers out there?

[ November 07, 2008, 09:22 AM: Message edited by: Sound Advice ]

Inf4life

Post by Inf4life » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:02 am

Originally posted by Nag':
quote:Originally posted by Go Getta:

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/story/99813 Wow, thanks for that info. I personally had no idea, but I wasn't high on Torain so I didn't bother investigating. Certainly puts into perspective a few things about Torain: 1 - why he missed the first 9 games this year with yet another injury, 2 - why he was a 5th round pick in the draft and 3 - why he is now on IR.
[/QUOTE]It's amazing what can be found in a few seconds on Google.
2007 NFFC Classic Champion

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:11 am

quote:Originally posted by Nag':

[/QUOTE]wow. u found a piece that has nothing to do with his knee. great find. :rolleyes:

go getta - your research techniques and bad eval skills are being more evident. u really don't operate as your posts indicate, do you? equating Torain with Weaver and the like? WOW
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:12 am

just goes to show you how much luck is involved in fantasy football :D

Inf4life

Post by Inf4life » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:17 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by Nag':

[/QUOTE]wow. u found a piece that has nothing to do with his knee. great find. :rolleyes:

go getta - your research techniques and bad eval skills are being more evident. u really don't operate as your posts indicate, do you? equating Torain with Weaver and the like? WOW
[/QUOTE]He was called "injury prone" not knee injury prone. You asked for evidence and I found it. Doesn't matter if it was a knee, fingernail etc. He was injured before he got injured.

I only compared him to those guys because they had one good week. Granted it was a bad comparison on my part.

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:20 am

He was called "injury prone" not knee injury prone. You asked for evidence and I found it. Doesn't matter if it was a knee, fingernail etc. He was injured before he got injured.
so in your 100K Champion opinion if someone has an a finger injury, you put that on the same level as a knee injury. seems very simplistic and dangerous to me.

you can't be serious with some of your posts, are you? fair question.

Inf4life

Post by Inf4life » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:24 am

A lisfranc injury for a running back is a pretty significant injury if you ask me. It would definitely worry me.

Same thing if you had a QB with a shoulder injury before he got drafted.

mkrucek

Post by mkrucek » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:24 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
He was called "injury prone" not knee injury prone. You asked for evidence and I found it. Doesn't matter if it was a knee, fingernail etc. He was injured before he got injured.
so in your 100K Champion opinion if someone has an a finger injury, you put that on the same level as a knee injury. seems very simplistic and dangerous to me.
[/QUOTE]Maybe not, but at some point what difference does it make. If you're not on the field how can you show off all your talent?
You'll be fine long as your pretty face holds out, then it's gonna get pretty cold out...