SNAKEtakes for NFL playoffs

Ted's Cracked Head

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:35 am

I agree that the Steelers D is tougher and harder hitting then the Eagles. I also understand that Warner has had a tendency to get happy feet when hit early on in a game but I feel that Warner is dialed in and will find Fitz, Boldin, Breaston and Hightower however the Steelers defend them.

AZ 27 - Pitt 21

I see it going over 46.5.
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

Ted's Cracked Head

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:38 am

Billy, the other factor not considered here is that this is TOMDOGS year and he is a diehard Steeler fan. That factor alone may have me "laying off". You can't go against karma!

As a Raider fan it is VERY hard to hope for a Steeler win but since you and Tommy are such good folks, I may have to try and bury some of those deep feelings of hatred still rising decades later from the "Immaculate Reception" and wish for a nice finish to your seasons.

[ January 25, 2009, 09:40 AM: Message edited by: Rob B ]
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

kapefear

Post by kapefear » Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:27 am

Heres something that hasnt been addressed.Has anyone thought what advantantage coach WISENHUNT might have,seeing he used to coach for the STEELERS? Wondering what your analasis might be if there is any edge to the CARDINALS...I personally think Arizona can hang around,but I can also see a DELEHOMME and get ugly if they get behind EARLY....

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:07 am

Originally posted by kapefear:
Heres something that hasnt been addressed.Has anyone thought what advantantage coach WISENHUNT might have,seeing he used to coach for the STEELERS? Wondering what your analasis might be if there is any edge to the CARDINALS...I personally think Arizona can hang around,but I can also see a DELEHOMME and get ugly if they get behind EARLY.... Considering Delhomme can't carry Warner's jock, I don't think we'll have to worry about that happening.

Looking back, people will eventually revere Warner as one of the best passers ever. The Steelers will realize it next Sunday. :D

The Cards passing Offense is more potent this year than the Colts and the Colts rolled into Steel City this year and took care of business.
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

Raiders

Post by Raiders » Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:21 am

Originally posted by Just Russ:
quote:Originally posted by kapefear:
Heres something that hasnt been addressed.Has anyone thought what advantantage coach WISENHUNT might have,seeing he used to coach for the STEELERS? Wondering what your analasis might be if there is any edge to the CARDINALS...I personally think Arizona can hang around,but I can also see a DELEHOMME and get ugly if they get behind EARLY.... Considering Delhomme can't carry Warner's jock, I don't think we'll have to worry about that happening.

Looking back, people will eventually revere Warner as one of the best passers ever. The Steelers will realize it next Sunday. :D

The Cards passing Offense is more potent this year than the Colts and the Colts rolled into Steel City this year and took care of business.
[/QUOTE]In that game Pitt. played without Parker and had DELEHOMME at QB. Big Ben throw a Delehomme like 3 int's and no TD's.

PS. Snake you can put me down record wise as 2-8.

[ January 25, 2009, 03:22 PM: Message edited by: Raiders ]

TOMDOG

Post by TOMDOG » Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:29 am

Originally posted by Rob B:
Billy, the other factor not considered here is that this is TOMDOGS year and he is a diehard Steeler fan. That factor alone may have me "laying off". You can't go against karma!

As a Raider fan it is VERY hard to hope for a Steeler win but since you and Tommy are such good folks, I may have to try and bury some of those deep feelings of hatred still rising decades later from the "Immaculate Reception" and wish for a nice finish to your seasons. You are a true gentleman Rob,but please let me enlighten you as regards to this game(from a STEELER homer point of view anyway).

All the coaches know each other,they equal each other out.The best offense(az)and the best defense(PGH)in the nfl will square off.The cards will get their points,they put up 31 on philly,that is impressive,and even my STEELERS wont stop Fitz,he is the best player on the field.I give the cards 24 points,more than both the chargers and ravens scored,although the ravens shouldnt count,they dont have an offense.
So in my mind the real game will be special teams and the card d against the STEELER offense,the same one that put up 34 on the chargers,and should have put up more that that against the ravens.I see the card defense as somewhere in between those 2 teams,but they have been playing above that level obviously.Say what you want,but the STEELERS offense has many weapons,and will use them all,with 20 superbowl vets to the cards 5,and will build a nice early lead,and then just tee off,goodnight cardinals.I see the BLACKNGOLD putting up 34 points easily,with maybe a defensive and or special teams td also.I like PITTSBURGH giving the points but i am in love with the over,and i bought it at 47.Also bought the STEELERS over 27 for the game and the cards over 20 for the game.I got the STEELERS at -6.5.
Thats my story and i am stickin to it. :D

Thats my homer call,but i must admit i felt much more confident of a big cover victory for the raven game than i do for this superbowl.

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:48 pm

Originally posted by TOMDOG:
quote:Originally posted by Rob B:

As a Raider fan it is VERY hard to hope for a Steeler win but since you and Tommy are such good folks, I may have to try and bury some of those deep feelings of hatred still rising decades later from the "Immaculate Reception" and wish for a nice finish to your seasons. You are a true gentleman Rob,but please let me enlighten you as regards to this game(from a STEELER homer point of view anyway).

All the coaches know each other,they equal each other out.The best offense(az)and the best defense(PGH)in the nfl will square off.The cards will get their points,they put up 31 on philly,that is impressive,and even my STEELERS wont stop Fitz,he is the best player on the field.I give the cards 24 points,more than both the chargers and ravens scored,although the ravens shouldnt count,they dont have an offense.
So in my mind the real game will be special teams and the card d against the STEELER offense,the same one that put up 34 on the chargers,and should have put up more that that against the ravens.I see the card defense as somewhere in between those 2 teams,but they have been playing above that level obviously.Say what you want,but the STEELERS offense has many weapons,and will use them all,with 20 superbowl vets to the cards 5,and will build a nice early lead,and then just tee off,goodnight cardinals.I see the BLACKNGOLD putting up 34 points easily,with maybe a defensive and or special teams td also.I like PITTSBURGH giving the points but i am in love with the over,and i bought it at 47.Also bought the STEELERS over 27 for the game and the cards over 20 for the game.I got the STEELERS at -6.5.
Thats my story and i am stickin to it. :D

Thats my homer call,but i must admit i felt much more confident of a big cover victory for the raven game than i do for this superbowl.
[/QUOTE]Spoken like a true homer! :D
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.