What is up with the people on this site?

richieprimo

Post by richieprimo » Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:48 am

Originally posted by renman:
Ok, now I finally get a chance to watch one of my favorite shows on tv, "The Office"... anyone watch that show... It is brilliant. Are you speaking of the watered-down American version of The Office or the hilarious original British tour de force by Ricky Gervais?

The former is fine, but if you've seen the latter it's no contest. I've tried to watch the American version but it doesn't work for the reason stated. If you haven't yet, check out the original.

While we're speaking of TV, has there EVER been a better show on the tube than The Wire? If any of you haven't had the pleasure of this gem, have your Santa leave the 1st three seasons under your tree and count the days until Season 4 is released. I'm a Deadwood fanatic myself, but The Wire is thisclose to it in my book.
Paying Top Dollar For All 12 and 10 cent Superhero Comics. Send PM...You may have money packed in your garage or attic.

renman

Post by renman » Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:02 am

Primo,

I have only been able to catch a couple episodes of the British version. It was very good. I have friends who say the same thing you do. I still enjoy The Office from Scranton, but you could very well be right that it is watered down. I am glad my bringing up a TV show has changed the tone here in this thread.

The Wire is the best show I have ever seen on TV in my life. It is unreal. It is so raw and real and there is nothing like it I can think of in American TV. I never was able to catch up to Deadwood. I know I would like it but sometimes it is hard to get invested in too many shows. Usually pop culture does movies or TV about inner city urban decay in a way that ends in a hollywood ending where the kids from the hood with a rough life somehow overcome it and end up winning something. In the Wire, they are way more honest about how hopeless things are for these kids. The gang stuff, the political corruption, the gang and crime stuff, the kids and their storylines...

This is the best show I have ever seen... with "Full house" being a close second of course.

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:05 am

Originally posted by Quahogs:
quote:Originally posted by FISHER:
btw-

here is a true story....(maybe)

One of the MB denizens had a posse (some have beards...they are usually grey or black)

....the bastards were out of control....especially when renman posted a message..

when renman would post...."the posse" would come running full speed, on the hardwood floors, in the hallway of a "center-hall" colonial type house....they would never have time to pump the brakes and would fly head first right into the computer monitor like a hockey player who missed a check and went hard into the boards...

i thought it was hilarous because those sumabitchs actually tried to snap at me a few times....they were mean fuggers

and i will admit i used to post just to ring the MB myself just to get back at them...over and over - hey fisher, I fixed your post up a bit... :D

Q
[/QUOTE]Great job as always Q at making me laugh. :D

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Sat Dec 16, 2006 4:05 am

I was listening to Billy Joel's "52nd Street" album last night. Some great songs there, like "My Life" and "Big Shot". However, my all-time favorite is "Honesty". What a great tune that is! Let's all sing:

Honesty
Is such a lonely word
Everyone is so untrue
Honesty
Is hardly ever heard
But mostly what I need
From you

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Sat Dec 16, 2006 5:17 am

Originally posted by King of Queens:
I was listening to Billy Joel's "52nd Street" album last night. Some great songs there, like "My Life" and "Big Shot". However, my all-time favorite is "Honesty". What a great tune that is! Let's all sing:

Honesty
Is such a lonely word
Everyone is so untrue
Honesty
Is hardly ever heard
But mostly what I need
From you I wonder if it's possible to have this theme song play whenever "someone" posts ;) ... since we've lost photos, maybe we could add audio to the MB?

[ December 16, 2006, 11:17 AM: Message edited by: KJ Duke ]

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Sat Dec 16, 2006 5:25 am

Originally posted by KJ Duke:
Diesel -

Unless you believe that Santa is part of a "clique" that is out to get you and is constantly lying to you, I think you are in the clear from this specific diagnosis ... of course, I am just assuming you don't believe this. :D I do think Santa must be part of some clique, and he IS out to get me. My son said he saw Mommy kissing Santa Claus last night. I was working overtime last night. :D
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

mikeybok

Post by mikeybok » Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:26 am

Originally posted by renman:

it is amazing seeing guys say "get over yourself" yet continue to show that my every word here matters way more than it should. Or say "I would not waste any times on you", yet they post regularly about me ranting, or say "I would never threaten you" yet would say "I dare you to say that to face and if I see you, you better bring a stool.."
Renman ... get over yourself ... please.

As you or anyone else can see (if you look) ... I was posting on this thread first when you had to stick your nose in here again and start the character assassinations followed by accusing me of chasing you around the MB. You posting after me doesn’t count as me chasing you in most realities?

First you say I threatened you! ... then it became a dare! What I did say was I didn’t want to waist any time with you if I decide to come to NY. Why do you consider this a threat? I would think that would help put your paranoia to rest.

I responded directly to a post you made ... when you said other people probably aren’t as big of jerks in real life as they are on the message board, but they are still jerks on the message board. I said you are a perfect example of people getting message board courage to say things to people on the message board that they wouldn't in real life.

I also said I doubt you would have the “balls” to say the things to me in real life that you have said about me on this message board. I really do hope you don’t confront me and address me like you do on the message boards ... but you are an idiot (sorry if I have offended any other idiots by calling you that) ... so it’s hard to say what you will do.

Just for the record. I want nothing to do with you in NY or anywhere else. I have not threatened you or dared you or double dared you to do anything. You actually scare me a little because you seem to lose touch with reality sometimes and read into things that aren’t there. My size alone should deter you from doing anything stupid ... and nothing good will come out of it if you were to decide to start something with me … but then again ... doing stupid things are truly what define an idiot and you seem to have no boundaries on this message board.

I have ABSOLUTELY NO DESIRE to beat you up Renman. If this isn't clear enough to put your mind at ease ... I can't help you.
Hakuna Matata!

TURBOUGH

Post by TURBOUGH » Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:11 am

I must admit UYT that I thought your post did come off as threatening. JMO. No big deal to me but when I read your post why thoughts were...uh oh.. here we go.

As for you QUAHOG, once again, that was some funny sh!t!!!

mikeybok

Post by mikeybok » Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:52 am

Originally posted by TURBOUGH:
I must admit UYT that I thought your post did come off as threatening. JMO. No big deal to me but when I read your post why thoughts were...uh oh.. here we go.

As for you QUAHOG, once again, that was some funny sh!t!!! Hey TURBOUGH ... my post (in hindsight) might have been a poor way of expressing that Renman has amazing message board courage and treats people in a way that I doubt very much that he would have the "balls" to treat people in person ... after he brought up the very subject.

As anyone who has met me at the NFFC event in Chicago would attest to ... I am actually a very fun loving, easy going, light hearted guy.

When Renman started this BS ... I spent 6 or 7 private messages with Renman one night and asked nicely asked him to quit calling me "dishonest" ... because it offended me. His response was to immediately mock me on the message board and basically told me to get used to it because he liked calling me dishonest.

I was able to let it go for a while ... but it was more difficult for me to see him do the same to others and watch some of them leave the message boards. It's also hard for me to see him belittle me or someone else in every other post he makes.

It's really stupid ... but he's hard to ignore since he follows me into every thread (like this one) and rips on me in nearly every thread (like this one). I do realize I have sunk to his level.

I am sure others will (and should) lose some respect for me based on how I have handled myself regarding Renman. Hopefully people will see that I have treated and will continue to treat everyone else on the message board with the respect they deserve and will see this as an anomaly.
Hakuna Matata!

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:35 am

I have a feeling that many peopleof will know which seat is renman's in NY next year
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?