NFFC Rules Discussion For 2013

Sandman62

Re: NFFC Rules Discussion For 2013

Post by Sandman62 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:56 pm

I can understand that Billy. And thanks for understanding and acknowledging my intent and effort.

I'm sure IT could put something on the Standings screen like:
Current Playoff Cutoff (2% of top points scorer): 37.5 points.

Then maybe highlight the teams above that cut line?

I'm sure there are other ways too to save everyone from having to do the math in their heads. ;)
But even if it is a little "gimmicky", I think once people understood that the intent is to make sure that (a) no deserving teams are left out of the playoffs and (b) without adding more undeserving teams, they'd appreciate it and be thankful for it.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:47 pm

Sandman62 wrote:I can understand that Billy. And thanks for understanding and acknowledging my intent and effort.

I'm sure IT could put something on the Standings screen like:
Current Playoff Cutoff (2% of top points scorer): 37.5 points.

Then maybe highlight the teams above that cut line?

I'm sure there are other ways too to save everyone from having to do the math in their heads. ;)
But even if it is a little "gimmicky", I think once people understood that the intent is to make sure that (a) no deserving teams are left out of the playoffs and (b) without adding more undeserving teams, they'd appreciate it and be thankful for it.
I get that, and a cut line is a GREAT idea.

I have often thought we should have one for the overall Classic, Primetime, and Online so we didn't have to "do the math". ;)

Route C

Post by Route C » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:19 pm

I think we should wait as Greg suggested to see how all the leagues play out this week. It will give us real data to work from. Above all this needs to be simple or it will be shot down...something to keep in mind. We can bring this as a real discussion topic after this week.

Money

Post by Money » Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:01 pm

One rule that I like better in the Yahoo leagues is that they don't count points scored against your DST when they are not on the field. Very frustrating watching your DST teams offense give up a touchdown and kill your points. We literally lose points while not even being on the field. Very week rule.

I realize that this is the way the NFL scores it but that doesn't mean we have to in fantasy.
Joe

HOF

Post by HOF » Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:09 pm

Only rule I would like to see changed is that INT's should be a bigger negative number especially since we have 6pts for TDs for QBs.

In terms of the playoffs..keep it as is. Maybe just look at the tiebreakers?

TR

Post by TR » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:06 pm

HOF wrote:Only rule I would like to see changed is that INT's should be a bigger negative number especially since we have 6pts for TDs for QBs.

Agree INTs and fumbles should be -2

CALI CARTEL

Post by CALI CARTEL » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:04 am

TR wrote:
HOF wrote:Only rule I would like to see changed is that INT's should be a bigger negative number especially since we have 6pts for TDs for QBs.

Agree INTs and fumbles should be -2
They should be bigger or nothing at all, never understood the -1 with 6 pt Pass TDs. Drew Brees had an all time dump of a game on Thursday with 0 TD and 5 INT and he still put up over 12 points. If he had salvaged a TD or two, it wouldn't even have been that bad of a game in this format with 18-24 points.

0 or -2, the -1 is next to irrelevant.