2007 NFFC Plans

Gordon Gekko

2007 NFFC Plans

Post by Gordon Gekko » Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:42 pm

Originally posted by UFS:
A consolation could block a Championship round team's move. That could be very controversial. SAVE THE DRAMA. THEY COULD DO THAT NOW IF THEY WANTED

[ January 02, 2007, 07:42 PM: Message edited by: Gordon Gekko ]
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

renman

2007 NFFC Plans

Post by renman » Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:32 am

Originally posted by GOD Loves You:
Everybody makes the playoffs, just the majority of us end up in the wrong one.

If rosters were expanded for the playoffs, it would be done a week or 2 before week 13. Basically another slot would be added to your bench allowing you to pick up a player without dropping one. I, for one am against it. I understand why many want the expansion, but injuries are something you have to deal with and with many players you should have the foresight to get their backups or a reliable one. But I wouldn't cry about it if it was implemented.

BTW, Renman, if you would ignore whomever bothers you by not replying to anything they post, it would eventually stop. Maturity is also knowing when to be the bigger person by "walking away"/not replying. This is a FF MB so obviously many want to talk football, for those you deem as juvenile, let them have their fun and talk with those who are here for FF. God,

I have been on this board since the the NFFC began. As you can see by the number of posts I have I am not here posting with the non stop constant regularity that some others do. I have gone periods of time "ignoring" the very small handful of guys who seem to be consumed with my username. It still never stops...lol I am convince it never will stop. I know enough about human nature that in settings like this certain people will get fixated on you or upset by you being right to the point that it consumes them. I will prove this to you by ignoring again and I assure you that mocking post will come. They can't stop themselves god, I wish they could prove me wrong.

I am with you in that I am not sure we need to expand the rosters. I like that prior to the post season (or the ending of free agency) we have to make tough decisions as to how we are going to construct our team going into the playoffs. I know injuries can happen and that is part of the game. But you make an accurate point in that the only way we could do it is 2 weeks prior to the closing of free agency so at least other teams will be BIDDING for the free agents still available.

Tom Kessenich

2007 NFFC Plans

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:09 am

Hey guys, for the second time I'm going to ask everyone to keep the discussion on topic. This is not a thread we want to lock because this is your opportunity to tell us things you'd like to see us implement going forward. It is also your chance to give us feedback on how we've done so far. So this is a very important thread to us. So please keep the personal stuff out of this thread (and preferably off the board entirely).

Thank you.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

renman

2007 NFFC Plans

Post by renman » Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:46 am

Here is my latest attempt (of many) to fuel discussion about what this thread was supposed to be about. This topic was somewhat controversial this season and also involved my team.

How about we talk about the DeAngelo Williams issue now. For those who do not know, some time after Williams went down with an ankle injury he was released in my league. I must admit this surprised me and I bid very aggressive to get him thinking later in the season he might have value. I did get him and this ruffled some feathers in the league about the fairness of my being able to pick up a player of decent quality based on reputation and possible upside. He had accomplished nothing up till that point of the season and ultimately only cost my team as the season went on. However, the result of the move/issue is not the point and it seems like a fairly important topic to talk about.

Some cried foul thinking this is unfair given he was only available in my league. I did understand the point being made by those complaining even if what I did was within the rules. Tom and Greg (I assume both) decided this move would be allowed to stay. Given the circumstances, I think they made the right call in my opinion. We left the issue as something to discuss in the off-season in the event we wanted to put in rules to address this kind of thing. Some threw out ideas that players drafted above a certain round, that get released, no be allowed to be re-acquired.

How do people feel about this topic? If they feel strongly about it we would have to come up with a simple, cut and dry rule wouldn't we? Since we all are trying to compete for overall big prizes while building our teams from within individual leagues, I can see why this might be something to address. I feel each league has its own set of unique circumstances that some can argue helped or hurt teams in that league, but is this a topic we want to revisit?

TURBOUGH

2007 NFFC Plans

Post by TURBOUGH » Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:33 am

This thread needs to be closed. Too much talk in peoples posts and too much about nothing. Post your issues/concerns/thoughts and move on. It gets a bit boresome reading 90% of these posts.

wayne123

2007 NFFC Plans

Post by wayne123 » Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:40 am

OK. I just completed an extremely limited and very unscientific survey regarding league playoffs for next year. I had e-mailed 7 friends from my former league and asked them to play in the NFFC next year. All declined. So, I called them and asked why. 5 said the money was number one reason they would not play. 2 said traveling to one of the cities (also related to money). But, this is interesting (and true...I know that I have been supporting playoffs....and I may have mentioned no league playoffs in the past...but, I didn't intentionally try to put this answer to the front). All seven insisted that no true test of fantasy football ability would limit the season to only 13 games for league play. I insisted that the best play here and that the season was really 16 weeks. But, each (all fantasy football savvy) found the 13 game season old-fashioned. Apparently many leagues are migrating to a 17 game regular season and a modified set of rules for playoffs to occur during the NFL playoffs. I am going to continue to work on at least 6 of them...they really need to try this out before they knock it! I know that I was impressed. But, I also must continue to express my basic concern regarding not having a league playoff system at the same time as the points chase. It is obvious why Greg has been so successful with his fantasy leagues. Great product! But, the newest innovation is the 17 game season with playoffs on top of that. A 13 game season with no playoffs is difficult to promote...at least for a non-professional like myself...so, I am speaking from a word of mouth between friends perspective only. Also, I plan to win this thing sometime in the next decade (please stop laughing). I WILL win it one year! Anyway, I want to have the same level of respect afforded previous winners and that requires the league to stay current and at the top of the industry. In order to do this, a playoff system must be seriously considered for adoption.
I AM BLUE_FOOT.

Gordon Gekko

2007 NFFC Plans

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:55 am

blue - if your friends were DIEHARD fantasy football fans they'd pay via credit card.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

wayne123

2007 NFFC Plans

Post by wayne123 » Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:27 am

Gekko,

LOL! Their a bunch of losers...LOL....I will pass that one on to each of them. Good stuff!
I AM BLUE_FOOT.