Potential Scoring Change

Nag'

Potential Scoring Change

Post by Nag' » Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:59 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
Greg/Tom: I wish the boards could get back to talking football and not the continued negative light that a select few are trying to cast on Greg and yourself. Has any of them called you or greg to discuss?

this is really hurting the MB in my opinion. Issues concerning the NFFC, it's rules and procedures are a matter of public interest and MUST be tranparent and discussed publically for all to see. I contacted Tom via a PM just yesterday regarding a personal matter but feel that discussing public interest matters privately is inappropriate. Participants who call Greg/Tom to discuss these matters privately are usually doing so with selfish motives. That is MY opinion.
While the impedus for my starting this conversation was my team losing earned points but I was fully aware that I have no chance to get those points back. What I did want was to make everyone aware of what I consider a major problem and was hoping that it would be corrected going forward. It was not and that is that. Like I said, I hope this doesn't come back to bite someone in the behind.
For Players. By Players.

Tom Kessenich

Potential Scoring Change

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:12 am

I'm not going to do that Glenn. As I've been stating, Greg and I welcome discussion of our event and its rules and suggestions people might have to make the event better in the future. We have no problem with that and if people want to use this thread to talk about this rule and offer suggestions to change or enhance it we'll obviously listen.

I do have one question for Alex or anyone really - has this scoring change been officially implemented? I haven't seen any news about this anywhere other than this thread. So has the NFL officially made a change of any kind?
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Nag'

Potential Scoring Change

Post by Nag' » Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:23 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
I do have one question for Alex or anyone really - has this scoring change been officially implemented? I haven't seen any news about this anywhere other than this thread. So has the NFL officially made a change of any kind? Elias changes for week 10 are below but the change I referenced to start thsi thread is not there, strangely enough. I did not see the play myself but the person who did see it (several times, he said) stated that he was 100% sure the play was scored incorrectly on NFL.com. Maybe he was mistaken after all. Of course that doesn't change anything with regards to the discussion here.

Stat Changes for Week #10 (Published Thu Nov 15 12:19:29 p.m. ET 2007)
The following stat changes were made by the Elias Sports Bureau for Week #10:

Drew Brees: from 1 rush for 0 yards to 0 rush attempts.
Drew Brees: from 1 sack against for 7 yards to 2 sacks against for 16 yards.
Drew Brees: from 2 fumbles and 1 own recovery for -9 yards to 1 fumble and 0 own recoveries.
Saints: from 11 rush attempts to 10 rush attempts.
Saints: from 265 net passing yards to 256 net passing yards.
Claude Wroten: from 3 tackles and 0 assists to 2 tackles and 1 assist.
Claude Wroten: from 0 sacks to 0.5 sacks for 4.5 yards.
James Hall: from 0 sacks to 0.5 sacks for 4.5 yards.
Rams Defense: from 1 sack for 7 yards to 2 sacks for 16 yards.
Kevin Jones: from 36 receiving yards to 38 receiving yards.
Jon Kitna: from 294 passing yards to 296 passing yards.
Lions: from 263 net passing yards to 265 net passing yards.
Tony Romo: from 2 sacks against for 6 yards to 1 sack against for 4 yards.
Tony Romo: from 1 rush for 0 yards to 2 rush attempts for -2 yards.
Brandon Jacobs: from 23 rush attempts to 24 rush attempts.
Osi Umenyiora: from 1 sack for 2 yards to 0 sacks.
Cowboys: from 24 rushes for 82 yards to 25 rush attempts for 80 yards.
Cowboys: 241 net passing yards to 243 net passing yards.
Giants: from 27 rushes to 28 rush attempts.
Giants Defense: from 2 sacks for 6 yards to 1 sack for 4 yards.
Josh McCown: from 4 rushes for 28 yards to 5 rush attempts for 22 yards.
Josh McCown: from 4 sacks against for 28 yards to 3 sacks against for 22 yards.
Raiders: from 29 rushes for 113 yards to 30 rush attempts for 107 yards.
Raiders: from 80 net yards passing to 86 net yards passing.
Lance Briggs: from 1 sack for 6 yards to 0 sacks.
Bears Defense: from 1 sack for 6 yards to 0 sacks.
Antonio Cromartie: from 9 to 27 interception return yards.
For Players. By Players.

Tom Kessenich

Potential Scoring Change

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:27 am

Thanks Alex. The info is much appreciated.

I was hoping to see a stat change showing Steve Smith actually caught 10 passes for 200 yards and 3 TDs.

Oh well.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Quahogs

Potential Scoring Change

Post by Quahogs » Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:32 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:

I was hoping to see a stat change showing Steve Smith actually caught 10 passes for 200 yards and 3 TDs.

Oh well. he needs to play the next 7 games to reach those lofty season goals Tom

[ November 15, 2007, 03:32 PM: Message edited by: Quahogs ]

Tom Kessenich

Potential Scoring Change

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:33 am

Originally posted by Quahogs:
quote:Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:

Oh well. he needs to play the next 7 games to reach those lofty season goals Tom
[/QUOTE]:mad:
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

BillyWaz

Potential Scoring Change

Post by BillyWaz » Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:38 am

Originally posted by Nag':
I do have one question for Alex or anyone really - has this scoring change been officially implemented? I haven't seen any news about this anywhere other than this thread. So has the NFL officially made a change of any kind? Elias changes for week 10 are below but the change I referenced to start thsi thread is not there, strangely enough. I did not see the play myself but the person who did see it (several times, he said) stated that he was 100% sure the play was scored incorrectly on NFL.com. Maybe he was mistaken after all. Of course that doesn't change anything with regards to the discussion here.
[/QUOTE]In the Detroit game, there is an apparent error in the way a play was scored.

The play in question is currently showing this:

1-10-DET47 (9:48) J.Kitna pass short left to K.Jones to DET 49 for 2 yards (R.Brown).

This pass was not caught by Kevin Jones but by Roy Williams as the video clearly shows and will certainly be changed at some point this week by NFL.com and Elias.

So let me get this straight. You never even SAW this???? Of course Roy Williams is on YOUR team, but you never even saw it?????

I think it changes A LOT in regards to the discussion, as quite honestly your not credible. You complain (and not in a nice way), and your not even sure for THIS situation what you are talking about???? :confused:

As a teacher it is like me going to my principal recommending a student gets suspended for fighting because someone TOLD ME he threw the first punch. My principal then says "did you see him throw the first punch"? I say "well "so and so" said he did.

Are you getting the point of how foolish that sounds?

Same thing here.

[ November 15, 2007, 03:39 PM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

Nag'

Potential Scoring Change

Post by Nag' » Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:40 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by Nag':
[/QUOTE]In the Detroit game, there is an apparent error in the way a play was scored.

The play in question is currently showing this:

1-10-DET47 (9:48) J.Kitna pass short left to K.Jones to DET 49 for 2 yards (R.Brown).

This pass was not caught by Kevin Jones but by Roy Williams as the video clearly shows and will certainly be changed at some point this week by NFL.com and Elias.

So let me get this straight. You never even SAW this???? Of course Roy Williams is on YOUR team, but you never even saw it?????

I think it changes A LOT in regards to the discussion, as quite honestly your not credible. You complain (and not in a nice way), and your not even sure for THIS situation what you are talking about???? :confused:

As a teacher it is like me going to my principal recommending a student gets suspended for fighting because someone TOLD ME he threw the first punch. My principal then says "did you see him throw the first punch"? I say "well "so and so" said he did.

Are you getting the point of how foolish that sounds?

Same thing here.
[/QUOTE]You still here? I thought I told you to go kiss ass and fight with snake.
For Players. By Players.

Steel Curtain

Potential Scoring Change

Post by Steel Curtain » Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:57 am

And here I thought Snake had the most appropriate name on these boards. I stand corrected. You win hands down Nag.
I'll say "Ho, Ho, Ho" any damn time I please