Ryan Torain Official Debut Thread!

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:25 am

I think the whole point is that Torain seems to be one of those "injury guys" who just can't seem to stay healthy for WHATEVER reason.

He can join Robert Smith, DeShaun Foster (the original "Mr. Glass", eh Glenn? ;) , Michael Bennett, etc.

The good news is that his owners most likely didn't invest too much in him, and even got 12+ points from him before his early exit.

I don't think anyone out there was believing that Torain was going to be useful for WEEKLY production anyway (spot play at best), and if you were...... :eek: :eek:

[ November 07, 2008, 09:27 AM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:27 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
I don't anyone out there was thinking that Torain was going to be useful for WEEKLY production anyway (spot play at best), and if you were...... :eek: :eek: waz - i respect your game, but u are/were dead wrong on this one. you are wrong on players every year. go ahead and admit it.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:28 am

Originally posted by 4D:
quote:Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by Go Getta:
He was called "injury prone" not knee injury prone. You asked for evidence and I found it. Doesn't matter if it was a knee, fingernail etc. He was injured before he got injured.
so in your 100K Champion opinion if someone has an a finger injury, you put that on the same level as a knee injury. seems very simplistic and dangerous to me.
[/QUOTE]Maybe not, but at some point what difference does it make. If you're not on the field how can you show off all your talent?
[/QUOTE]If woulda's, coulda's, shoulda's, and if's counted, we all would be the best....

YOU EITHER GET IT DONE, OR YOU DON'T!

renman

Post by renman » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:31 am

To me, it is completely not relevant how injury prone a guy was in the past when we are talking about the value of a POSSIBLE STARTING RB EMERGING IN WEEK 10 IN A FOURTEEN TEAM FANTASY LEAGUE.

His value is based on that... If we had a straight draft last week he would have gone in the 3rd-4th round given all things indicated he was soon to be the starting RB for the Broncos. Keep in mind this is a team with a prolific passing attack that would provide an RB with all kinds of room to run.

He had big value regardless of his past history. Fantasy football is about what a player is GOING TO DO in the future more than what has happened in the past. There are a ton of productive guys each week in the NFL who have a big injury history.

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:31 am

Originally posted by Go Getta:
A lisfranc injury for a running back is a pretty significant injury if you ask me. It would definitely worry me.

Same thing if you had a QB with a shoulder injury before he got drafted. your previous posts says that you don't care about the significance of the injury. remember your fingernail comment?

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:32 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:
I don't anyone out there was thinking that Torain was going to be useful for WEEKLY production anyway (spot play at best), and if you were...... :eek: :eek: waz - i respect your game, but u are/were dead wrong on this one. you are wrong on players every year. go ahead and admit it. [/QUOTE]Of course I miss on players EVERY year (are you implying YOU don't???? :eek: )

I don't think I was wrong on this one. When you were hyping him up early on, I wasn't seeing it. I picked him up in a couple leagues on the cheap, because hey, he MIGHT work out, but please don't tell me you were honestly relying on him for steady production. :eek:

Regardless, I guess we will won't know till next year, so you can think you're right, and I will think I am right. :D

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:36 am

I don't think I was wrong on this one. When you were hyping him up early on, I wasn't seeing it. I picked him up in a couple leagues on the cheap, because hey, he MIGHT work out, but please don't tell me you were honestly relying on him for steady production. :eek:
ya, 12.8 points in less than a half of work IN HIS FIRST GAME PLAYED IN A YEAR isn't great production. :confused:

also, denver's schedule is a cakewalk the rest of the season. if a redraft was held before last night's game torain woulda been going in round 5. maybe even sooner by torain lovers.

i wonder what world some of you folks live on sometimes.

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:38 am

Of course I miss on players EVERY year (are you implying YOU don't???? :eek: )
no, are u?

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:39 am

Originally posted by Renman:
To me, it is completely not relevant how injury prone a guy was in the past when we are talking about the value of a POSSIBLE STARTING RB EMERGING IN WEEK 10 IN A FOURTEEN TEAM FANTASY LEAGUE.

His value is based on that... If we had a straight draft last week he would have gone in the 3rd-4th round given all things indicated he was soon to be the starting RB for the Broncos. Keep in mind this is a team with a prolific passing attack that would provide an RB with all kinds of room to run.

He had big value regardless of his past history. Fantasy football is about what a player is GOING TO DO in the future more than what has happened in the past. There are a ton of productive guys each week in the NFL who have a big injury history. movement of GG's FF respect based on this thread alone...
Waz -1 unit
Renman +1 unit
Go Getta -10 units

[ November 07, 2008, 09:40 AM: Message edited by: Gordon Gekko ]

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:41 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:
ya, 12.8 points in less than a half of work IN HIS FIRST GAME PLAYED IN A YEAR isn't great production. :confused:

also, denver's schedule is a cakewalk the rest of the season. If a redraft was held before last night's game torain woulda been going in round 5. maybe even sooner by torain lovers.

i wonder what world some of you folks live on sometimes.
[/QUOTE]If... woulda....etc. :D

i
i
i
i
i
V

[ November 07, 2008, 09:42 AM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]