**NEW NFFC vs. WCOFF THREAD**

TamuScarecrow

Post by TamuScarecrow » Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:27 am

Tamu, you're right except for one thing. Lenny didn't give any reasons for not doing it, just that he had reasons. Another poster gave the reasons in the post that Snake put up. From our standpoint it would be a lot of fun, even as a spectator.

Or did you mean you agreed about us kicking ass?Maybe both, 4D, since you may end up in the main event league with me in Chicago. Plenty of whiners here but all competitors. The NY'ers have been doing it ever since Team Chicago beat them in the team challenge last year. :D :D
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ

3INTBOY

Post by 3INTBOY » Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:29 am

Originally posted by Chief Brody:
...why does it have to be your country vs their country?

I gotta say - I've tried to get in to the NFFC for the last 2 years (ask Greg he keeps guilting me ) - and I just haven't had the schedule or wallet to get in...

So, do I consider myself a 'WCOFFer' because I'm only involved in it currently? I suppose I may have in the begining (3-4 years ago) because that was the only high-stakes event I really new about...

But I'm a Fantasy Footballer - and I just want to play the game - any game - and do my best at it - where ever that is...

------
I'd offer a variation of this challenge that could allow for some appeasement of the WCOFF vs NFFC egos (that everyone seems to have)...

We could do a simple non-sanctioned, WTA (winner take all) with two team captains... One captain from NFFC - One from WCOFF. Each Captain has to pick 5 owners from their own event and 6 from the other - and we just tally up all main event points for the entire fantasy season...

Winner take all...

Two-fold perk - it kinda satisfies rivalries internal to each event - and rivalries between events...

Then - if we show the powers that be of each event that we're having fun and pulling it off without them - they'll likely want to take over something similar in the future.

If not - we keep doing it - or refine it further - and not have to pay management/infrastructure fees to anyone but ourselves...
Nice job stepping up to the plate Chief, Well Done!

3'

TamuScarecrow

Post by TamuScarecrow » Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:24 am

I like the idea of a captain doing the picking, Chief, if Lenny isn't going to step up. I would recommend 2 captains, one to pick for the 12-team event with WCOFF rules and scoring and one to pick for the 14-team event with NFFC rules. Greg will run the satellite leagues with total points.
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:02 pm

"Each Captain has to pick 5 owners from their own event and 6 from the other - and we just tally up all main event points for the entire fantasy season..."

Yo Chief...this part threw me off...???

~Lance
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:51 pm

Originally posted by sportsbettingman:

There was a time you had to play around...like type N.FFC or en ef ef see...and such to avoid seeing **** on the message board
~Lance That's funny Lance. :D

Sound Advice

Post by Sound Advice » Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:08 pm

I think it should be one league . wcoff rules one year, nffc next. Or Wcoff rules. That really doesn't matter.

6-7 players each, from the main event top 20 the previous year.
Plain and simple. Invites go out in order.
No one picks, no one chooses. No one needs to sanction.

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:28 pm

Originally posted by Chief Brody:
But I'm a Fantasy Footballer - and I just want to play the game - any game - and do my best at it - where ever that is...

This is by far the best statement made on these boards for a long time. You're alright Chief! :cool:

One thing that's hard to understand for me is why the FF games "powers that be" aren't more united. Now, more than ever, it would be in the best interest of all concerned to have a strength in numbers stance. I'm saying this specifically with the "use of player stats" issues rearing it's ugly head.

I don't know how much benefit can be had with a more united front, but a divided one certainly won't bring many benefits.

Here's to a prosperous future for the NFFC,WCOFF,CDM,Fantasy Jungle...etc...etc...

I hope we get this event going, as it is always fun to compete against great players.

Hats off to Greg for once again going above and beyond to satisfy our gaming cravings.

"THE ROUTE COLLECTOR UNIVERSITY"

Matt Hooper

Post by Matt Hooper » Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:22 pm

Originally posted by sportsbettingman:
"Each Captain has to pick 5 owners from their own event and 6 from the other - and we just tally up all main event points for the entire fantasy season..."

Yo Chief...this part threw me offThis year - Instead of making it a WCOFF v NFFC thing - we could do like the NHL does and make this a pseudo-Combo 1 v Comb 2 thing (example: East vs West, North vs South, etc) - except it would span both events...

It's just a thought...
Obviously we could add more to the mix - in overall teams - or number of players on each team... it would just need to balance out...

[ July 19, 2006, 08:24 PM: Message edited by: Chief Brody ]
"Yer gonna need a bigger boat."

Matt Hooper

Post by Matt Hooper » Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:25 pm

Originally posted by Sound Advice:
I think it should be one league . wcoff rules one year, nffc next. Or Wcoff rules. That really doesn't matter. This isn't a bad idea either - kinda like the Baseball All-Star switching from year to year...
"Yer gonna need a bigger boat."