WCOFF bankruptcy

Quahogs

WCOFF bankruptcy

Post by Quahogs » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:21 pm

Originally posted by Scott Atkins:

"We're a small operation, and the economy got us. We made some bad bets. As a business we've lost over $4 million and unfortunately there are still some people who haven't been paid. That pales in comparison to what our investors have incurred. We needed someone to step in and get in the fight with us. Dustin - Nobody held a gun to your head and told you guys to buy it for what you did. You then Larrymoeandcurlyed it into the ground in 3 years. Well played you bumbling fools...

BLACKHAND

WCOFF bankruptcy

Post by BLACKHAND » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:36 pm

Originally posted by Quahogs:
quote:Originally posted by Scott Atkins:

"We're a small operation, and the economy got us. We made some bad bets. As a business we've lost over $4 million and unfortunately there are still some people who haven't been paid. That pales in comparison to what our investors have incurred. We needed someone to step in and get in the fight with us. Dustin - Nobody held a gun to your head and told you guys to buy it for what you did. You then Larrymoeandcurlyed it into the ground in 3 years. Well played you bumbling fools...
[/QUOTE]very insulting statement if you ask me. where is the apology to the people owed money. thank god im not owed money. those comments make me turn red for the people owed money.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

BillyWaz

WCOFF bankruptcy

Post by BillyWaz » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:56 pm

Originally posted by da bears:
The show is a go gang, here's the trailer:

http://www.espnmediazone3.com/us/2011/1 ... r-15-2011/

In the world of fantasy sports, nothing was bigger than the World Championship of Fantasy Football (WCOFF), boasting some of fantasy sports’ largest cash prizes. But last year, fantasy football and baseball winners stopped getting paid, and a business that appeared to be at the height of success began to crumble, leaving players wondering what happened to the thousands of dollars they paid in entrance fees. Reporter T.J. Quinn uncovers what may have gone wrong with the WCOFF.

“When 12 guys put in $25,000 for a fantasy football league with the biggest fantasy football company around, and then the winner doesn't get paid, I want to know what happened to the money”. -- Chad Schroeder, professional gambler

"We're a small operation, and the economy got us. We made some bad bets. As a business we've lost over $4 million and unfortunately there are still some people who haven't been paid. That pales in comparison to what our investors have incurred. We needed someone to step in and get in the fight with us. We couldn't find that person to get us over the hump." -- Dustin Ashby, who, with a partner, purchased WCOFF from its original owners Check out that guy in the Urlacher jersey in the opening clip. :D
[/QUOTE]What an Adonis!!! :D

Ted's Cracked Head

WCOFF bankruptcy

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:13 pm

I am hoping he did not choose his words carefully because I believe they can be used against him.

The term bets, may not play well if they were "betting" with prize money. I am no legal authority but using entry fees for anything other than prizes is likely a problem for the WCOFF.
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

Glenneration X

WCOFF bankruptcy

Post by Glenneration X » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:24 pm

Originally posted by Quahogs:

[/QUOTE]I just can't get over the narcissism in portraying the "investors" as victims greater than those from whom they stole.

I suppose many of us have unwittingly and unwillingly become their investors as well..

[ December 15, 2011, 07:26 PM: Message edited by: Glenneration X ]

King of Queens

WCOFF bankruptcy

Post by King of Queens » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:41 pm

Venue: Las Vegas

($1K Auction - Friday, Sept 9, 2011 - 9AM PST) $1000
($1K Auction - Friday, Sept 9, 2011 - 1:30PM PST) $1000
($25K Platinum League - Saturday, Sept 10, 2011 - 3:30PM PST) $25000
($5K Auction - Friday, Sept 9, 2011 - 9AM PST) $5000
($5K Draft - Friday, Sept 9, 2011 - 1:30PM PST) $5000
($10K Gridiron - Thursday, Sept 8, 2011) $5000
(Main Event - Friday, Sept 9, 2011 - 7PM All Time Zones) $1850
Main Event - Friday, Sept 9, 2011 - 7PM All Time Zones Fee $150
(Main Event - Saturday, Sept 10, 2011 - 10AM PST) $1850
Main Event - Saturday, Sept 10, 2011 - 10AM PST Fee $150
(Main Event - 2nd Team - Friday, Sept 9, 2011 - 7PM All Time Zones) $1350
Main Event - 2nd Team - Friday, Sept 9, 2011 - 7PM All Time Zones Fee $50
(Main Event - 2nd Team- Saturday, Sept 10, 2011 10AM PST) $1350
Main Event - 2nd Team- Saturday, Sept 10, 2011 10AM PST Fee $50
(Draftmasters - Friday, Sept 9, 2011 - 1:30 PM PST) $1000
(Draftmasters - Friday, Sept 9, 2011 - 9 AM PST) $1000
(WCOFF Survivor Contest 2011) $25
($350 World Online/Live Champ - Sat, Sept 10, 2011 - 6:30PM PST) $
Sub-Total $51050
Total Due $51050 (USD)

If paying by check, please mail your payment to:
Gridiron Fantasy Sports
17736 Edison Avenue
Chesterfield, MO 63005

King of Queens

WCOFF bankruptcy

Post by King of Queens » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:46 pm

It's with great excitement that I announce the beginning of a new chapter for the World Championship of Fantasy Sports (WCOFS). Over the next 30 to 45 days, I, along with my partners in GridIron Fantasy Sports LLC, will be working through a transaction to transfer ownership of the WCOFS. During this period of time, day to day activity at the WCOFS will continue, specifically the contest administration of the World Championship of Fantasy Baseball (WCOFB) and preparation for the 10th annual World Championship of Fantasy Football (WCOFF).

Since 2002, the WCOFF has awarded over $14M in cash awards and provided a playing field for fantasy sports players willing to embrace the challenge of competing against the best of the best. It's been our pleasure at GridIron Fantasy Sports LLC to have participated in the growth and evolution of the premier fantasy sports contest in the world since 2007 and look forward to what's next for everyone associated with the WCOFF and WCOFB.

So what does this mean for players who have made a prize claim and are awaiting their award distribution? During this period of finalizing a transition of ownership, we will not be releasing checks. As soon as this process is complete, we will resume the awards distribution process. We will go above and beyond to make it up to those of you who were delayed in receiving your award distribution as a result of this transition.

What does this mean for the 2011 WCOFF? The 2011 and 10th Annual World Championship of Fantasy Football will continue as planned with live drafts in Las Vegas, Chicago, Atlantic City and S. Florida - September 8th - 12th. The MGM Grand will host the Las Vegas festivities and the Sheraton Hotel will again host the live events in Atlantic City. Venues for Chicago and S. Florida are still being finalized.

WCOFF Tentative Schedule of Events
Thursday, September 8th - MGM Grand Viewing Party
(New Orleans vs. Green Bay)
GridIron $10K Draft
Invitational League #1
Friday, September 9th - Draft Masters, $1K Auction, $5K Auction and $5K Draft
Main Event Session I
Saturday, September 10th - Main Event Session II
$350 Championship (WCOFF Online / Live
Progressive)
$25K Platinum League
Invitational League #2
MGM Grand / WCOFF Players Party
Sunday, September 11th - MGM Grand Viewing Party

As soon as we have completed this transaction I'll be able to provide a broader explanation as to what brought us to this decision and the events of the past several months. I can tell you, as a shareholder and more importantly the operator of the World Championship of Fantasy Sports, I'm as excited about what this decision means for WCOFF, WCOFB and the fantasy sports industry as I was when we purchased WCOFF back in 2007.

==============================

It has been nearly 8 months since this e-mail went out. Will we finally get the answers that we have all waited for???

BillyWaz

WCOFF bankruptcy

Post by BillyWaz » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:56 pm

Originally posted by King of Queens:
It's with great excitement that I announce the beginning of a new chapter for the World Championship of Fantasy Sports (WCOFS). Over the next 30 to 45 days, I, along with my partners in GridIron Fantasy Sports LLC, will be working through a transaction to transfer ownership of the WCOFS. During this period of time, day to day activity at the WCOFS will continue, specifically the contest administration of the World Championship of Fantasy Baseball (WCOFB) and preparation for the 10th annual World Championship of Fantasy Football (WCOFF).

Since 2002, the WCOFF has awarded over $14M in cash awards and provided a playing field for fantasy sports players willing to embrace the challenge of competing against the best of the best. It's been our pleasure at GridIron Fantasy Sports LLC to have participated in the growth and evolution of the premier fantasy sports contest in the world since 2007 and look forward to what's next for everyone associated with the WCOFF and WCOFB.

So what does this mean for players who have made a prize claim and are awaiting their award distribution? During this period of finalizing a transition of ownership, we will not be releasing checks. As soon as this process is complete, we will resume the awards distribution process. We will go above and beyond to make it up to those of you who were delayed in receiving your award distribution as a result of this transition.

What does this mean for the 2011 WCOFF? The 2011 and 10th Annual World Championship of Fantasy Football will continue as planned with live drafts in Las Vegas, Chicago, Atlantic City and S. Florida - September 8th - 12th. The MGM Grand will host the Las Vegas festivities and the Sheraton Hotel will again host the live events in Atlantic City. Venues for Chicago and S. Florida are still being finalized.

WCOFF Tentative Schedule of Events
Thursday, September 8th - MGM Grand Viewing Party
(New Orleans vs. Green Bay)
GridIron $10K Draft
Invitational League #1
Friday, September 9th - Draft Masters, $1K Auction, $5K Auction and $5K Draft
Main Event Session I
Saturday, September 10th - Main Event Session II
$350 Championship (WCOFF Online / Live
Progressive)
$25K Platinum League
Invitational League #2
MGM Grand / WCOFF Players Party
Sunday, September 11th - MGM Grand Viewing Party

As soon as we have completed this transaction I'll be able to provide a broader explanation as to what brought us to this decision and the events of the past several months. I can tell you, as a shareholder and more importantly the operator of the World Championship of Fantasy Sports, I'm as excited about what this decision means for WCOFF, WCOFB and the fantasy sports industry as I was when we purchased WCOFF back in 2007.

==============================

It has been nearly 8 months since this e-mail went out. Will we finally get the answers that we have all waited for???
Yep, they are just deciding who will deliver the news....Santa, the Easter Bunny, or Elvis.

bald is beautiful

WCOFF bankruptcy

Post by bald is beautiful » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:49 pm

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
".....what an *******!

Whatever this word is, it isn't strong enough.

Team Legacy

WCOFF bankruptcy

Post by Team Legacy » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:07 pm

Gang,

Check out all the coverage of this thing. Articles, videos, fox 59 missouri local news, the actual PDF charges...

http://www.fantasyplayersassociation.co ... -vs-wcoff/
Twitter: @ScottFantasy