2007 NFFC Plans

renman

2007 NFFC Plans

Post by renman » Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:29 am

Snake,

I assume your "no" post was in response to the DeAngelo Williams issue. How can that not be a major issue/topic to discuss now when it was such a big deal in the middle of the season? This is exactly the type of thing we need to address now for next season....

TamuScarecrow

2007 NFFC Plans

Post by TamuScarecrow » Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:57 am

Greg is considering implementing a playoff system between the points leader and the H2H winner in each league if they are two different teams. There are two different playoff groups, the Championship Round for the best of the leagues and the Consolation Round for the rest which carries out through Week 16. Greg also has a contest which they can check out right now which involves the playoffs so these guys should be able to find what they are looking for here. Give them Greg or Tom's number and let them talk to the commissioners themselves, BF. :cool:

And Blue, as someone who was a military brat and has worked construction for 28 years and lived and worked in 15 different states, I love the monnicker.
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ

Gordon Gekko

2007 NFFC Plans

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:42 pm

Originally posted by Blue_Foot:
Gekko,

LOL! Their a bunch of losers...LOL....I will pass that one on to each of them. Good stuff! those are you words, not mine. thanks
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

wayne123

2007 NFFC Plans

Post by wayne123 » Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:39 pm

Tamuscarecrow,

Thanks! I do have one bone of contention with your statement. The NFFC does not have a "playoff system". Let me repeat this important fact...the NFFC does NOT currently have a playoff system. The current system is a "points chase". There is a fundamental difference between the two. The points race reflects the need to identify the top fantasy points scores...I definately respect the need for it. A playoff system rewards H2H competition. Sometimes, a player can be picked to offset the points scored by another in order to win the match (but usually H2H single matches are primarily luck). My suggestion would add a playoff system to the current points chase format. But, it seems to be a dead issue with Greg...so, perhaps I will play in a satellite league or something instead of the main. Unfortunately, the only reason I wanted to play here was the title. If I am not playing for the title, it is just another league. I would never even consider playing in a league with such a short season and no playoff if it wasn't for a recognized title and run in such a professional mannor. The quality of opponent is also a big plus. What I am saying here is..."I would like to have my cake and eat it too"! In my opinion, the NFFC would be nearly perfect with the addition of a league playoff format. OK, to change the subject completely....is your username related to Texas A+M?

Cheers!
I AM BLUE_FOOT.

TamuScarecrow

2007 NFFC Plans

Post by TamuScarecrow » Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:25 am

Yes, I am an Aggie graduate, Class of 76 & 77, who wishes we could get a football coach who could both recruit and coach. To have 4 weeks to prepare for a bowl game and get beat by 5 td's is a disgrace.
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ

TURBOUGH

2007 NFFC Plans

Post by TURBOUGH » Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:32 am

Originally posted by Tamuscarecrow:
Greg is considering implementing a playoff system between the points leader and the H2H winner in each league if they are two different teams. There are two different playoff groups, the Championship Round for the best of the leagues and the Consolation Round for the rest which carries out through Week 16. I honestly thought we had a playoff system for each league. If not, I don't understand that at all. We might as well have a points only contest and just pay the top 3. No playoffs? WOW!! :confused: :eek:

renman

2007 NFFC Plans

Post by renman » Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:02 am

Snake,

I find your posts difficult to read but here is one sentence I was about to extract from it.

"SNAKE does not want to revisit the DeAngelo thang again beacause NO although he didn't perform as SNAKE and most others expected him to NO SNAKE would not have allowed him to be on the WW for any league if he had the choice because NO it was certainly not deemed fair indeed at that time that only ONE league had DeAngelo as a FA "

If you in fact think what happened was UNFAIR, don't you think we should be discussing if rules need to be changed so in the future this does not happen again? Isn't that the purpose of this thread? I find it interesting that 3-4 guys were up in arms about this topic (some thought it was simply because it was my team) when it happened and now have gone silent when the opportunity to discuss making a rule change about this is being addressed.

Now maybe those who were most vocal about this have not had a chance to view the boards or this thread. But I see 2 of the 3 loudest guys on this topic posting here regularly and now suddenly no one wants to discuss if a rule change needs to be addressed?

Makes you wonder why it was such a big deal during the season then...

Gordon Gekko

2007 NFFC Plans

Post by Gordon Gekko » Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:22 am

Ren - I certainly didn't like to see him available in only ONE league, but I came out and said the move was tough but okay.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

renman

2007 NFFC Plans

Post by renman » Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:42 am

gekko,

Even I did not like to see him available in one league. I nearly did not make a move for him because I thought it might cause a problem. I also felt my team was so good on paper adding him would not have helped that much (which ended up being the case). So I nearly ignored it and then last second just thought about the 100K...lol

But you surely can remember that this was a very big issue during the weeks around when it happened. I do not remember who it was, but 2-3 posters really made a big deal about this to the point Greg had to intervene a few times. So if it was such a big deal during the season, isn't this the time and place to talk about the topic and decide if a new rule needs to be put in place?