3RR/KDS, What Do You Think?

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:57 pm

We all have to sign the rules app right?

We should all have to sign another page that lists all the rules changes from a prior year.

I'm not worried at all. By the time the season starts next year, Greg will have pounded 3rr so much, it will be like we have played it our entire life.
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:03 pm

Originally posted by UFS:
We should all have to sign another page that lists all the rules changes from a prior year.Excellent suggestion. Also be sure to have people sign off on changes that were NOT made, but discussed on the message boards.

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:27 pm

Originally posted by UFS:

We should all have to sign another page that lists all the rules changes from a prior year.

I'm not worried at all. By the time the season starts next year, Greg will have pounded 3rr so much, it will be like we have played it our entire life. Having been involved with inumerable changes to programs, benefits, products etc, etc, through the years; and after having been provided written materials, seminars, promotions and even as you suggest, having people sign that they have been informed and understand what is being communicated; there was ALWAYS without exception, to my amazement, people who still weren't aware of the change. When, in most cases, it was their job or responsibility to know the change. So, forgive me if I don't share your confidence. And quite honestly, I'm not overly concerned whether this is the case or not; although I would prefer to compete on a level playing field without having an unfair advantage over other competitors, I'm just attempting to point out a potentisl issue based on my experience.

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:30 pm

Originally posted by RiFF:
quote:Originally posted by UFS:

I'm not worried at all. By the time the season starts next year, Greg will have pounded 3rr so much, it will be like we have played it our entire life. Having been involved with inumerable changes to programs, benefits, products etc, etc, through the years; and after having been provided written materials, seminars, promotions and even as you suggest, having people sign that they have been informed and understand what is being communicated; there was ALWAYS without exception, to my amazement, people who still weren't aware of the change. When, in most cases, it was their job or responsibility to know the change. So, forgive me if I don't share your confidence. And quite honestly, I'm not overly concerned whether this is the case or not; although I would prefer to compete on a level playing field without having an unfair advantage over other competitors, I'm just attempting to point out a potentisl issue based on my experience.
[/QUOTE]I don't doubt this one bit.

Everyone plays in so many games, that hardly anyone actually reads the rules.

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:16 pm

Originally posted by RiFF:
Having been involved with inumerable changes to programs, benefits, products etc, etc, through the years; and after having been provided written materials, seminars, promotions and even as you suggest, having people sign that they have been informed and understand what is being communicated; there was ALWAYS without exception, to my amazement, people who still weren't aware of the change. When, in most cases, it was their job or responsibility to know the change. So, forgive me if I don't share your confidence. And quite honestly, I'm not overly concerned whether this is the case or not; although I would prefer to compete on a level playing field without having an unfair advantage over other competitors, I'm just attempting to point out a potentisl issue based on my experience. I suggest UFS greets everyone in the registration line with "welcome, the third round of the draft will be backwards, enjoy!", and provdes them with a handout of historical results by slot from his 3RR basketball lges.

Of course, we'd need body doubles for NY and Chicago. :D

stevop24

Post by stevop24 » Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:22 pm

Greg,

"Luck" A word we all hate in the fantasy circles. An auction draft seems to eliminate a lot of "luck."

In a serpentine draft someone at some level no matter what will "luck" into a top 3 pick. No matter how you dress it up someone will pick #1 and get the 28th pick and someone will pick #14 and get the 15th pick.

All of us that compete in the NFFC or NFBC or even the NFBBC are probably more knowledge than most sports writers and can adjust to any strategy.

I think time spent doing your homework and preparing a sound strategy is more important than your position in a draft. A strong competitor can adjust to any draft position, but, a weak one is praying for the top pick to at least give them "One stud player."

The team that has LT (He did go #1 by the way) in my league is 7-5 (4th place) with the 5th highest point total. So much for a guarantee of success.

I think the rules are great and wouldn't touch em.

I would rather worry about scrambling to decide what player to take than to think am I picking 1st in the fourth round or 14th or do I pick 1st in the fifth round or 14th or ????

Happy days and happy holidays!

Steve Pletkin
"When I walk down the street they'll say there goes Roy Hobbs...The greatest that ever was."

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:38 pm

Steve,

It's funny you mention that "luck" is hated in fantasy circles then go on to stay you don't want change ...

... when the #1 back is averaging more than 30 pts per gm and the #14 guy is averaging 12 and change, the only way to close that gap in a lge of strong competitors would be a lot of luck - either bad luck for the LT owner, or good luck for your team.

Hard heads

Post by Hard heads » Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:45 pm

I think the 3RR is a silly change that is being asked for due to a season of the ages by a guy not even taken #1 in all drafts. We won our league in WCOFF drafting 1 last year and 12 this year. Do your homework and expect to have to make up for a team possibly having a stud and deal with it! We have to make it fair, wah! You all sound like babies!

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:45 pm

Originally posted by KJ Duke:
quote:Originally posted by RiFF:
Having been involved with inumerable changes to programs, benefits, products etc, etc, through the years; and after having been provided written materials, seminars, promotions and even as you suggest, having people sign that they have been informed and understand what is being communicated; there was ALWAYS without exception, to my amazement, people who still weren't aware of the change. When, in most cases, it was their job or responsibility to know the change. So, forgive me if I don't share your confidence. And quite honestly, I'm not overly concerned whether this is the case or not; although I would prefer to compete on a level playing field without having an unfair advantage over other competitors, I'm just attempting to point out a potentisl issue based on my experience. I suggest UFS greets everyone in the registration line with "welcome, the third round of the draft will be backwards, enjoy!", and provdes them with a handout of historical results by slot from his 3RR basketball lges.

Of course, we'd need body doubles for NY and Chicago. :D
[/QUOTE]LOL... I was thinking Gekko could donate a few of his extra blow up dolls he's not using that week. ;)