NFFC Satellite League Results

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:26 pm

The variance in even the star players in any given 3 year span is enough to call bullshit to all the mumbo jumbo being claimed here.

A few like Manning, Brady, Rudi, LT, Chad, Torry, Marvin Driver and Gates have solid 3 year runs with yardage and TD performances...damn near everyone else in fantasy football does NOT.

Yet we claim to know the future.

~Lance
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:34 pm

Originally posted by sportsbettingman:
What is so wrong with an advantage if we all have exactly the same chance at getting that advantage?

~Lance Well you're a "gambling man" Lance, so I can see your logic, but if you and 11 of your friends were betting on a game ($1800), and you each were giving 1 to 12 points, would you not have a problem with your friend taking say Dallas giving 1 point to Houston, and you were giving 12?

Actually in that scenario those both would probably be winning bets :D , but you see my point.

All Greg is trying to do with 3RR is ELIMINATE that advantage/perceived advantage with 3RR, and give people a CHOICE with KDS.

Ted's Cracked Head

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:35 pm

What is so wrong with an advantage if we all have exactly the same chance at getting that advantage?
Lance, that is a novel way to look at it but why not work to remove that advantage? We all paid the same amount and shouldn't we all have as much a chance from the beginning as possible? It is LUCKY to get the first pick and 3RR may be taking some of the LUCK from that process. To me that is a step in the right direction.

My suggestion: We put this to rest for the next few months and let the results speak for themselves. Will one years stats be enough to make statement? No, but it is a start.
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:57 pm

"It is LUCKY to get the first pick and 3RR may be taking some of the LUCK from that process."

I couldn't have said it better myself.

3RR does NOTHING re: who gets the 1st pick...NOTHING.

Absolutely nothing.

~Lance
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:04 pm

To say how accurate your projections are on the players drafted in the 3rd round is silly to me.

If you can't accurately predict those "3rd round" players, giving the 1st pick the top of the 4th round actually could lead to giving he or she an advantage. :eek: (Lou?)

It sounds silly...but remove the BS ADP, VBD stuff and just look at the player pool there.

There are risks and rewards. Nothing is a guarantee.

~Lance

~Long John Silver

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:08 pm

I could go on...

Say 95% of KDS start with 1,2.

If that's the case...remove 3RR from having an impact on those drafting 1st and 2nd.

Add them to the middle picks (6,7,8,9) that 3RR has no real effect on...

...and you have yourself a battle of picks 3,4,5 vs. picks 14, 13, 12, 11, 10.

I've only begun to drink!!! :D

~Lance

~Long John Silver

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:12 pm

There are risks and rewards. Nothing is a guarantee.

~Lance I agree 100% with that Lance.

But just like Rob said (much better than me I might add) why not TAKE AWAY some of that advantage/perceived advantage?

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:13 pm

How can a multi-league auction work??? That would be ideal...but could it ever work?

~Lance

~Long John Silver

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:15 pm

When you think about auction...it has a ton of opportunity for group collusion...even in one league...let alone 60 leagues.

~Lance

[ August 17, 2007, 08:16 PM: Message edited by: sportsbettingman ]

~Long John Silver

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:28 pm

I could go on...

Say 95% of KDS start with 1,2.

If that's the case...remove 3RR from having an impact on those drafting 1st and 2nd.

Add them to the middle picks (6,7,8,9) that 3RR has no real effect on...

...and you have yourself a battle of picks 3,4,5 vs. picks 14, 13, 12, 11, 10.

I've only begun to drink!!! :D

~Lance Lance, I'd gladly buy you a drink tonight but the bartender said you're already over your limit!! :D So I'll save this one until we meet in Las Vegas in three weeks!! :D

Lance, if nothing else the good news today is that we're back to talking about fantasy football and having fun debates. This thread actually has NFFC Satellite League results in it, but we turned this into a 3RR debate. And that's fine as far as I'm concerned. Within this thread alone, we have folks saying 3RR will HELP the top two picks, those who feel it will have ABSOLUTELY no difference in the draft (you), others who feel it will definitely balance the scoring in each league, and others who believe just the perception that everyone now has a chance to win a league title from any spot is a good thing.

All I can say is: Let the games begin and let's figure it out. After a few years of data and feedback from our gamers, we'll find out if it's a winning solution or not. So keep debating, but it's almost time to get ready and select those draft spots.

And to that, I say: The REAL cocktail hour is almost here! :D :D
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius