2007 NFFC Plans

Gordon Gekko

2007 NFFC Plans

Post by Gordon Gekko » Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:59 am

You are correct, now is the time to discuss any and all rule changes or potential changes
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

TURBOUGH

2007 NFFC Plans

Post by TURBOUGH » Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:14 am

Originally posted by renman:
Snake,

I find your posts difficult to read I have found all his posts difficult to read and have just stopped reading them. His 3rd person stuff is annoying so I find it easier to just not read them.

renman

2007 NFFC Plans

Post by renman » Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:32 am

The point is that the DeAngelo Williams issue was quite the firestorm and exactly the kind of issue we should be talking about in this thread as we discuss things to change or ways to make the 07 NFFC better...

This was an issue that was about my team, and here I am bringing it up for the good of the league...lol Where are all the guys who were screaming about this when it happened?

Ted's Cracked Head

2007 NFFC Plans

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:40 am

The DeAngelo discussion did spur a thorough dialogue and I believed that issue was dead. The pros and cons of having a "rule" instituted were raised and I am sure that the NFFC will move forward in a manner that best meets the needs of the participants.

Next Topic.
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

TamuScarecrow

2007 NFFC Plans

Post by TamuScarecrow » Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:38 am

The Deangelo discussion only brought out the point that IS in the rules. Any player put into the free agent pool that the Greg feels gives an unfair advantage to the rest of that league will be removed from the free agent pool. This has been the rule for the 3 years I have been here as this is not the first, second, third, or even fourth time this topic has come up. It is a topic that has been discussed every year and I have now filled you in, RENMAN, on how it will be dealt with. Obviously, Greg did not see Deangelo as a threat and he proved to be correct.
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ

renman

2007 NFFC Plans

Post by renman » Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:17 am

Teds/Tamu,

I know what the current rule is. I know we had past discussions about this. I know the decision that Greg made (that I agreed with) ended up being the right one. However, I am quite sure the heated discussions (that I really was not part of) on this topic ended with the idea that this would be revisited after the season. I am pretty sure even Greg said he wanted to (or was at least open to) talk about this after the season.

Now I personally am perfectly fine with the current rule. I trust Tom/Greg would make good descisions on this. However, I do know that it was said we should talk about this issue again after the season and maybe make a more black and white rule so Greg and Tom do not have to make rulings on such things. If this issue/topic comes up every year and is regularly an issue that sort of supports the theory it is worthy of being discussed further does it not?

Now I am just here trying to bring up topics for discussion in this thread. I know the NFFC wants active message boards about fantasy football. If people have a problem with me bringing up topics like this, please say so.

[ January 04, 2007, 01:16 PM: Message edited by: renman ]

Ted's Cracked Head

2007 NFFC Plans

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:18 am

No one has a problem with the raising of issues for discussion. We were only trying to point out that this one was moot. That is all.

We know that you want to talk about football issues but if YOU say it one more time I will freak out.

Now lets talk about football.
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

TamuScarecrow

2007 NFFC Plans

Post by TamuScarecrow » Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:27 am

There is no cut and dry way to create a rule on this that I can see, RENMAN, short of picking a dividing line in the draft to say anyone drafted before round such-and-such is off-limits in the free agent pool. Unfortunately you would find the same exceptions there as you do with the current cure for the situation so, like you, if I can trust Greg with $1300 I can trust him to make the right calls when it comes to this issue.

Don't start becoming like others on these boards who make a good point and destroy it by beating on a dead horse. I have a lot of respect for your posts and wouldn't want to see that diminish as the more level-headed folks on the boards the better.
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ

renman

2007 NFFC Plans

Post by renman » Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:28 am

Ted,

If so many were not trying so hard to take the discussion away from football, I would not have to work so hard to being it back or highlight that is my main interest.

I remember the D. Williams issue ended with "this is our final decision, and we can revisit this topic during the offseason to discuss if we want to put in any rule changes..."

I personally do not have strong feelings about this topic or issue and am comfortbale with how the NFFC handles it currently. However, it seemed to me a reasonable topic to bring back up. I have yet to see the poeple who were most vocal about it chime in here. So either the big deal really was more that it was MY team that was getting some "advantage" or those guys truly do care about this issue and happen not to have been available to comment yet.

If those guys really cared that much about the issue it is a reasonable topic to talk about now. Especially if as Tamu said it comes up every year.