+*+ ROSTERS +*+

Nag'

+*+ ROSTERS +*+

Post by Nag' » Mon Sep 05, 2005 5:09 pm

Originally posted by Team Legacy:
Where did you get them? I'm assuiming Javon in the third, Burlson in the 4th, but Boldin in the 5th and Benson in the 6th are steals. I'd say Burleson at 4.10 is the biggest steal of all. Wow, that is a solid starting lineup.
Amazing how one league differed from another. I got Driver at 5.13 which is the farthest he fell to in the 8 NY leagues, but that was the only gift I could find.
For Players. By Players.

Route Collectors

+*+ ROSTERS +*+

Post by Route Collectors » Mon Sep 05, 2005 5:14 pm

quote:Originally posted by DOOMSDAY:
Finally logging in to this post. Fisher - nice team, Dunn went 2.12 in my league. I was in NY2 - #4 pick...

QB - Peyton
QB - Bledsoe (to play Wk-8 at home against ARI)

RB - Curtis Martin
RB - Stephen Davis (please stay healthy)
RB - Bettis
RB - Ricky Williams (should start after Wk-6)
RB - Antowain Smith (for the 1or2 games Duece misses)

WR - Reggie Wayne
WR - Isaac Bruce
WR - Ronald Curry (does Porter's hammy linger?)
WR - Rod Gardner (Muhammed's replacement)
WR - Mike Williams (6-10 TD's?)
WR - Kelley Washington (please hang on to #3)
WR - Patrick Crayton (last pick, as a Cowboy fan, will probably drop in Wk-4 for a PK)

TE - Jermaine Wiggins (will drop above PK for a TE in Wk-5)

PK - Jeff Reed

D/ST - Carolina Panthers (my #1 ranking)
D/ST - Colts (sack-machine vs. HOU Wk-7)
Here goes from another Peyton owner -

Peyton
Kevin Jones - Stephen Davis - Mewelde Moore - William Green -
Andre Johnson - Steve Smith - Lee Evans - Brandon Lloyd - Travis Taylor
Cooley - C Anderson
Nugent
Panthers

Peyton at 6ppTD was too hard to pass up. Its definitely a more challenging draft starting with him.
[/QUOTE]Scott
Glad to see you made it home safely. Did you get caught in that construction traffic? Anyway - represent my brother, represent! ;)

Nag'

+*+ ROSTERS +*+

Post by Nag' » Mon Sep 05, 2005 5:17 pm

Scott, I have to tell you, that is as good a team as I can expect to see with Peyton as a 1st rounder. He and those wideouts may carry you to the promised land. My compliments.
For Players. By Players.

Team Legacy

+*+ ROSTERS +*+

Post by Team Legacy » Mon Sep 05, 2005 5:18 pm

Thanks man, it was great meeting you finally.

We did stop at a sportsbar on Saturday night. They were hosting an AUCTION draft. They were using this COOL software for their auction.

Basically, the commish had a laptop hooked up to a projector. They took turns announcing a player, he'd load it up and the computer would speak aloud - Going once, going twice.. etc..

Each person had a remote with a clicker on it. Each bid reset the timer. Pretty damn cool for auction players.
Twitter: @ScottFantasy

Team Legacy

+*+ ROSTERS +*+

Post by Team Legacy » Mon Sep 05, 2005 5:20 pm

Originally posted by Nag':
Scott, I have to tell you, that is as good a team as I can expect to see with Peyton as a 1st rounder. He and those wideouts may carry you to the promised land. My compliments. Then why do I feel so bad about my RB2... :confused: Just crossing fingers over here that ol man Davis has somethin left in the tank. If not, I'm playin the waiting game for the next Mike Bennett injury.
Twitter: @ScottFantasy

Nag'

+*+ ROSTERS +*+

Post by Nag' » Mon Sep 05, 2005 5:27 pm

Then why do I feel so bad about my RB2... :confused: Just crossing fingers over here that ol man Davis has somethin left in the tank. If not, I'm playin the waiting game for the next Mike Bennett injury. You knew that would be the sacrifice you'd make when you chose to take Peyton. Try this - cross Peyton and one of the Wrs off your roster and add the 1st round RB which you passed on and a QB which would've been there later. Which team do you like better? If you still like yours, then you made the right choice. If you like the other team, well...then you didn't. ;)
For Players. By Players.

renman

+*+ ROSTERS +*+

Post by renman » Mon Sep 05, 2005 5:31 pm

Originally posted by Nag':
Barring extremely good fortune during the draft, every team is going to have a hole somewhere. Most of those holes will be at either the 3rd RB or the the 4th WR - which is basically the FLEX spot. Show me a team that has a legitimate THREE starting RBs and FOUR #1/1A wrs on their roster, coupled with a top 10 QB and a Top 10 TE and I'll be really impressed.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NAG,

though i am not sure i perfectly accomplished the above goal that you mentioned.. i came pretty close...

got the top ten QB in hasselbeck

got 3 starting RB's k. jones, l. jordan, arrington

nearly got 4 #1 or 1A wr's

a. johnson is a #1 WR
c. chambers is a #1 WR
l. evans is considered by many to be passing moulds this year
t. calico has major upside next to bennett

got the top ten TE in l.j. smith

now i know my team has warts just as all do. i could give a negative about every one of my WR's from johnsons stale offense, to chambers lack of QB production, to evans needing a young losman to produce, to calico's knees... so i am not saying my team is dominant by any means... and i have enough experience in fantasy football to know better then to talk smack when so many things can change...

but we all draft based on POTENTIAL and i do think my team comes close to what you sort said to start this thread... and by the way, i totally agree with what you said...

we have a mere 5 days from the day of the draft to the first kickoff and then all pre season, post draft analysis means zero... lol so it is fun to get the perspective and opinions of other knowledgeable fantasy minds on the teams we all put together "on paper" before 70% of it all changes... i honestly think one person has given an opinion on my team. i wonder if anyone really reads the other teams...lol

team legacy...

strong team you put together with manning in first... i agree with nag... bailed our your RB's and with some luck, you can be strong....

Dyv

+*+ ROSTERS +*+

Post by Dyv » Mon Sep 05, 2005 5:39 pm

Under the 'Nag system' could you define a #1 or #1A WR ?

Do these guys qualify:

Travis Taylor, Amani Toomer, Plaxico Burress, Antaawn Randle El

Are any of those '1 or 1A' receivers?

Dyv
The Wonderful thing about Dyv's is I'm the only one!

Nag'

+*+ ROSTERS +*+

Post by Nag' » Mon Sep 05, 2005 5:44 pm

Originally posted by Dyv:
Under the 'Nag system' could you define a #1 or #1A WR ?

Do these guys qualify:

Travis Taylor, Amani Toomer, Plaxico Burress, Antaawn Randle El

Are any of those '1 or 1A' receivers?

Dyv Seems like everyone else who responded knew what I was talking about. See if you can concentrate really hard this time and figure it out.
For Players. By Players.

litseyco

+*+ ROSTERS +*+

Post by litseyco » Mon Sep 05, 2005 5:44 pm

no