**NEW NFFC vs. WCOFF THREAD**

TamuScarecrow

Post by TamuScarecrow » Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:40 pm

Great post, Lance. Hope the powers that be are reading tonight although me and my little "discussion" with Mr. Comings isn't helping here. :D
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ

dcc1973

Post by dcc1973 » Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:52 pm

Let's see, monicker says Chicagoland so we really can't take this as qualified. Since when has Midwest sports been a driving force in the media tide? Sorry but this is a no-go here, Dave.
Have you never heard of the Sporting News? They acquired the network that I worked for in 2001, and their base of operations is in Chicagoland.

dcc1973

Post by dcc1973 » Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:08 pm

I certainly see that there would be something to gain in having a competition between the leagues, but the WCOFF would have a lot more to lose, and that is why I doubt this would happen and why I wouldn't do it if I had a stake in the WCOFF. Greg basically stated (from where I quoted him in my first post) that he wouldn't sanction a competion between the NFFC and an event with a significantly lower number of people either.

Sure, there could be a lot to gain. But there is also a lot to lose and the risk doesn't equal the reward here.

[ July 20, 2006, 01:08 AM: Message edited by: David Comings ]

mikeybok

Post by mikeybok » Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:52 am

Originally posted by David Comings:

For the record, I was the first person to post on the WCOFF message boards why this event wouldn't happen. To say "What's up with the players" when 1 out of 820 pointed out an issue is a bit of a reach. I'd love to be a part of an event like thisDavid, you sound like a smart guy. If your post was the first post on your MB regarding this, let me quote a smart guy and what he should have posted on the WCOFF message board.

Originally posted by David Comings:

I'd love to be a part of an event like this.
It's one thing for Nag to come over here and say he would love to do this but he doesn't think it will happen ... It's another for you to start a thread off on your site and list a bunch of reasons why Lenny and the WCOFF shouldn't be interested in this idea (without even saying ... I'd love to be part of this or I think we should do this anyway). This was the closest you got to enthsiasm "Other than this having the potential to watch something interesting".

You sound like a smart guy over here ... but I absolutely don't get the negative downer attitude of your post. From a business standpoint ... any business owner might consider this if his customers posted things like "I'd love to be a part of an event like this and demand it happen."

Seriously ... reread your post. If you can honestly tell me your post was an attempt to promote this idea on your message board. I will apologize. If not ... Why not?

As it stands ... my original honest comments are valid "just can't imagin why a customer of Lenny's is only concerned about whats in it for the WCOFF and discounts the idea of fun and entertainment (isn't that the purpose of this ... fun and entertainment? What's going on over there?"

I am just being honest ... Your post focused on only the bad and none of the good. If it was an attempt to promote this idea ... I would love to see your post if you didn't like the idea. From a customer standpoint ... this idea is all good ... so IMHO ... your post was not posted from the customers point of view. I just don't get that. Why did you think Lenny needed your help in rejecting this idea?

Look ... all's good here ... you can post whatever you want ... welcome to the NFFC message board. I just don't get that WCOFF post ... but I'd still like a shot at kicking your WCOFF a$$ :D

Mike
Hakuna Matata!

mikeybok

Post by mikeybok » Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:07 am

Originally posted by Ugly Yellow Tomatoes:
... but I'd still like a shot at kicking your WCOFF a$$ :D

Mike I should be more specific ... You should get in the BBDS Draftchampions satellite on Aug 29th and after I wax you ... I'll buy you a beer when we meet in person :D

Mike
Hakuna Matata!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:53 pm

Guys, I just got back from vacation and was out of touch for much of four days. My bad. I originally was going to contact Lenny and Emil about this idea, but when Perry said he would talk to Lenny I thought that would be best since I know they have a good relationship. I haven't seen the WCOFF thread yet or talked to Perry, but I will talk to Perry this weekend. I'll definitely reach out to Lenny and Emil and let them know I support this idea and if they ever want to do a challenge league I'm ready. I certainly understand why they wouldn't want to do it, but honestly I think by now most if not all of the WCOFF members know about the NFFC and that event still retains those customers and grows each year. I see this as being more of a reward for our top customers in each event and giving even more incentive for being in the Top 13 each year.

I'll take it from here, but thanks to everyone who started this concept and backed it. We'll see what happens as a sanctioned event because there's still plenty of time to pull this off for 2006. If not, maybe we'll still pick an NFFC team and compete with top guys from any other contest who would like to participate. Still would be fun.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Purple Helmets

Post by Purple Helmets » Sat Jul 22, 2006 1:52 pm

I've participated in the WCOFF for a couple of years...this will be my first in the NFFC (doing both contests this year). Some of the NFFC message board posters shouldn't take it so personal if Lenny doesn't want to participate or pursue in the endeavor previously laid out by Greg. Also, as previously touched upon, this thing can still fly even if Lenny maintains his stance...it may not be exciting but many of the top dogs from the WCOFF (myself not being one of them) post here and would be able to say "yes" or "no" without the WCOFF's buy-in. I know...in the spirit of competition it may not be as exciting, definitely not as marketable, but you'd still have 12 of the top WCOFF players against the top NFFC guys (and/or girls).
Living the dream!

mikeybok

Post by mikeybok » Sat Jul 22, 2006 4:24 pm

Originally posted by Purple Helmets:
many of the top dogs from the WCOFF (myself not being one of them) post here and would be able to say "yes" or "no" without the WCOFF's buy-in. Welcome to the NFFC ... Well said.
Hakuna Matata!

Leroy's Aces

Post by Leroy's Aces » Sun Jul 23, 2006 1:50 am

I would be interested in representing the unofficial WCOFF team in an unofficial WCOFF vs. NFFC challenge. I have been in WCOFF for 4 years and have had some success.

I am still thinking of joining NFFC Chicago as well, it seems like it will be a challenging event, and NFFC is the only other high stakes event worth doing.

Dave
Leroy's Aces
'08 NFFC Primetime Champ