SNAKEtakes for 2007 NFL Playoffs

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:30 pm

Originally posted by SNAKE:
...any of the comrades here know what the early lines are for next week?...thanks much...SNAKE Packers are 7 point favorites over the Giants (o/u 43)

Pats/Chargers line isn't up yet -- probably waiting for more info on Rivers, LT and Gates.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:24 pm

Originally posted by SNAKE:
Updated Records after Week 2 NFL Playoffs Picks (versus the spread):

SNAKE: 6-2
Tamuscarecrow: 6-2
Team Canada: 6-2
KJDuke: 6-2
SportsBettingMan: 5-3
God Loves You: 5-3
LLCoolEddieJ: 5-3
Greg A: 5-3
UltimateCheatSheets: 4-4
Wazbutt: 4-4
John Z: 3-5
Hardheads: 3-5

...SNAKE Things appear to be a little tighter at the top.

This is the 3rd year in a row I went 3-1 on divisional playoff weekend. :rolleyes:

Next week is 50/50 at best for me!

Eddiejag

Post by Eddiejag » Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:46 am

Im sick to my frigging stomach, just woke up and new something didnt feel right, then remembered we lost.Man cant believe it , i think the Boys had the ball 13 more minutes but just couldnt make a big play.The score before the half changed the game, and the Crayton drop pass [his 1st one] which would have been a 1st down did us in.Funny how the Giants used Drouhgns all year at the goal line but when the game was on the line Jacobs gets the call.The Giants defense was awesome , Romo had no time so many times, and do you think we can get some one that can hick the fu#king ball.Anyways this sucks , have to wait another year.A Great year now not so great, im not leaving my house today .This one really hurts, congrads to all Giants fans.[you too snakie]
NFBC (NY) auction league champion!
Bad(ass)Angels

He who steps to me in 2005, you better realize you dont have enough jive..... TURKEY!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:39 am

Originally posted by da bears:
quote:Originally posted by sportsbettingman:
The BEST part is Green Bay gets to host the NFC championship game!!!

I believe they have a nice success rate in GB for that scenario!

~Lance I imagine Greg and Tom are a bit happy right now too. :D
[/QUOTE]:D :D :D :D :D :D

It's supposed to be 6 degrees here on Sunday and that's when the sun is out!!! :D Kickoff is set for 5:30 p.m. here. Yikes.

Snake, here's my picks without looking at the lines:

Packers
Patriots

Both will be blowouts. Giants are playing well and I LOVE THEM for winning at Dallas. Great effort and very resilient. But the road weariness and weak secondary will take its toll this week on the Frozen Tundra. It will slow down that running game, too. Packers will cover the touchdown spread if they can hold onto the ball. They are playing too well right now to lose at home.

I'm going to start a different thread to talk about my night at Lambeau. It was unreal.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:02 am

Originally posted by Eddiejag:
Im sick to my frigging stomach, just woke up and new something didnt feel right, then remembered we lost.Man cant believe it , i think the Boys had the ball 13 more minutes but just couldnt make a big play.The score before the half changed the game, and the Crayton drop pass [his 1st one] which would have been a 1st down did us in.Funny how the Giants used Drouhgns all year at the goal line but when the game was on the line Jacobs gets the call.The Giants defense was awesome , Romo had no time so many times, and do you think we can get some one that can hick the fu#king ball.Anyways this sucks , have to wait another year.A Great year now not so great, im not leaving my house today .This one really hurts, congrads to all Giants fans.[you too snakie] Yup...and what was amazing is in both the SD/IND and DAL/NYG games...both Romo and Payton had TWO SHOTS EACH in the 4th quarter from mid-field or better when starting their "game winning drives", both down by 4...and went 0 for 4.

I didn't realise DAL has not won in the post season in so long.

~Lance
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:14 am

Originally posted by sportsbettingman:
quote:Originally posted by Eddiejag:
Im sick to my frigging stomach, just woke up and new something didnt feel right, then remembered we lost.Man cant believe it , i think the Boys had the ball 13 more minutes but just couldnt make a big play.The score before the half changed the game, and the Crayton drop pass [his 1st one] which would have been a 1st down did us in.Funny how the Giants used Drouhgns all year at the goal line but when the game was on the line Jacobs gets the call.The Giants defense was awesome , Romo had no time so many times, and do you think we can get some one that can hick the fu#king ball.Anyways this sucks , have to wait another year.A Great year now not so great, im not leaving my house today .This one really hurts, congrads to all Giants fans.[you too snakie] Yup...and what was amazing is in both the SD/IND and DAL/NYG games...both Romo and Payton had TWO SHOTS EACH in the 4th quarter from mid-field or better when starting their "game winning drives", both down by 4...and went 0 for 4.

I didn't realise DAL has not won in the post season in so long.

~Lance
[/QUOTE]What I won't forget for a while is the look on Jerry Jones face at the end of the game.

He looked like someone just stole his car. :eek:

[ January 14, 2008, 01:15 PM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:18 am

Jessica Simpson stole his car! :D

Then he got the scary rabbit sinking into the hole, the eyes and the barking cat treatment!

~Lance
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

TamuScarecrow

Post by TamuScarecrow » Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:03 pm

Shame. I'd be 7-1 and leading this thing if it weren't for a fricking blizzard. Still in the hunt for that pre-playoff prediction of GB-SD Super Bowl. Can't see SD making that happen without their big guns but we will wait for the injury report.

By the way, SNAKE, you may want to check and see who is right on your SNAKEtail in the other event. Ticks me off I didn't play Grant or I'd be leading that little event. Considering I have 6 Packers on that squad, passing you up should be a formality this weekend. :D
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ