**NEW NFFC vs. WCOFF THREAD**

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Jul 23, 2006 2:58 am

Originally posted by Leroy's Aces:
I would be interested in representing the unofficial WCOFF team in an unofficial WCOFF vs. NFFC challenge. I have been in WCOFF for 4 years and have had some success.

I am still thinking of joining NFFC Chicago as well, it seems like it will be a challenging event, and NFFC is the only other high stakes event worth doing.

Dave
Leroy's Aces Dave, we'd welcome any Cheesehead into the NFFC! :D As you probably know, we're located right down Highway 10 from you in Iola, Wisconsin. Get your butt over here or to the Chain of Lakes and I'll buy you a beer!! :D

I promise to reach out to Lenny and Emil tomorrow and see if there's any benefit to both of us creating a fun challenge matchup. I know they weren't too pleased by the tone of some of the posts on our boards, but I think they understand the competitive nature of our owners and theirs. Again, I'll see if we can have some fun with this and still create some benefit to both contests. There are more than 20 owners who are doing both events this year, so maybe we'll tap into some of that experience.

I will definitely create some type of challenge contest this year and invite top players to compete. We still have plenty of time to do this and host an online draft in late August or early September. Forming an NFFC team will give prestige to my top players and competing against 13 other high-profile players will be fun, enjoyable and informative to everyone who has a chance to follow this competition. More details to come.

Now, Dave, come join us in the Windy City on Sept. 2nd and the invitation to join me at The Harbor in Waupaca for a drink is always out there! :D
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:52 am

I'd love to play (of course)...but there's no chance Lenny would choose me based on success. Blabbermouth...maybe...but not money earned.

If you need a willing and able body in the WCOFF group...let me know!

~Lance (I still like the two leagues with different rules the best)
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Jul 23, 2006 5:39 am

Originally posted by sportsbettingman:
I'd love to play (of course)...but there's no chance Lenny would choose me based on success. Blabbermouth...maybe...but not money earned.

If you need a willing and able body in the WCOFF group...let me know!

~Lance (I still like the two leagues with different rules the best) Sounds good Lance. We may tap into those NFFC owners who also play in the WCOFF and go with the two set of rules. It would be a fun competition featuring our top NFFC players and we could compare how the rules change the drafts, FAAB bids, etc. Would be fun and we'll do something for sure.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Captain Hook

Post by Captain Hook » Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:11 am

Greg if you cannnot get a deal done for this year with Lenny & Emil, I like the idea of having this just for NFFCers with 13 NFFC only Stars and Wannabees playing against 13 guys who play here (already supporting the cause) but also play in WCOFF and would "represent" that form of competition (trying to stay PC)

Of course I nominate myself for the latter group

LFW

Post by LFW » Sun Jul 23, 2006 10:07 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
Guys, I just got back from vacation and was out of touch for much of four days. My bad. I originally was going to contact Lenny and Emil about this idea, but when Perry said he would talk to Lenny I thought that would be best since I know they have a good relationship. I haven't seen the WCOFF thread yet or talked to Perry, but I will talk to Perry this weekend. I'll definitely reach out to Lenny and Emil and let them know I support this idea and if they ever want to do a challenge league I'm ready. I certainly understand why they wouldn't want to do it, but honestly I think by now most if not all of the WCOFF members know about the NFFC and that event still retains those customers and grows each year. I see this as being more of a reward for our top customers in each event and giving even more incentive for being in the Top 13 each year.

I'll take it from here, but thanks to everyone who started this concept and backed it. We'll see what happens as a sanctioned event because there's still plenty of time to pull this off for 2006. If not, maybe we'll still pick an NFFC team and compete with top guys from any other contest who would like to participate. Still would be fun. Well, I don't have the WCOFF or NFFC resume to be selected. But this qoute gives me hope "maybe we'll still pick an NFFC team and compete with top guys from any other contest who would like to participate". I have begun returning to doing draft leagues this year with both NFFC and WCOFF Satelitte teams (2 in each). I could represent our friends at CDM who are fighting for "Truth , Justice and the right to use Players names to identify Statistics". I have a top Roto Salary cap resume and support then with a link at pro football reference (Steven Jackson page). Greg I'll buy another page for NFFC link next year there to pimp NFFC if selected. In two different Fantasy Football Companies HOFs but admit I don't have the WCOFF or NFFC cred yet. I have CDM and FFTOC cred if you want to include a representative from "other" contests. Thanks Greg.
The TYRUNT of CDM Fantasy Sports Football Challenge and High Roller Football Contests!

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sun Jul 23, 2006 3:03 pm

greg - keep it nffc vs wcoff. have some of the nffc/wcoff dual owners get the names/e-mail addresses of the top players in the wcoff. either way, the nffc is hoisting the championship trophy in the air come seasons end. it might be a bit closer if they use their "best"
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Captain Hook

Post by Captain Hook » Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:31 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
greg - keep it nffc vs wcoff. have some of the nffc/wcoff dual owners get the names/e-mail addresses of the top players in the wcoff. either way, the nffc is hoisting the championship trophy in the air come seasons end. it might be a bit closer if they use their "best" :cool: :D :D :D
Ain't necessarily so GG

mkrucek

Post by mkrucek » Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:37 am

Originally posted by Leroy's Aces:
I would be interested in representing the unofficial WCOFF team in an unofficial WCOFF vs. NFFC challenge. I have been in WCOFF for 4 years and have had some success.

I am still thinking of joining NFFC Chicago as well, it seems like it will be a challenging event, and NFFC is the only other high stakes event worth doing.

Dave
Leroy's Aces Dave, please join the nffc in NY. We hear that's a much easier place to play. Thanks
You'll be fine long as your pretty face holds out, then it's gonna get pretty cold out...

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:46 am

Originally posted by 4D:
quote:Originally posted by Leroy's Aces:

Dave
Leroy's Aces Dave, please join the nffc in NY. We hear that's a much easier place to play. Thanks
[/QUOTE]last two champs came from vegas. must be easier there. thanks.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

mkrucek

Post by mkrucek » Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:18 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by 4D:
quote:Originally posted by Leroy's Aces:

Dave
[/QUOTE]last two champs came from vegas. must be easier there. thanks.
[/QUOTE]No, that would be the luckier place. You're welcome
You'll be fine long as your pretty face holds out, then it's gonna get pretty cold out...