AFFL and Question to the NFFC

Team Legacy

Post by Team Legacy » Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:13 am

Originally posted by Sound Advice:
quote:Originally posted by Team Legacy:
I think this whole AFFL thing could be easily resolved if Greg and WCOFF would just pool together and pay everyone of us that is owed. Isn't that the OBama/Clinton way???Or they could pay you in 100 years.
The McCain way. [/QUOTE]ba dum dum ching... My point being that Greg has nothing to do with my problem so HE'S expected to pay and solve my issue since I was scammed right? This is AMERICA damnit!! Help me!!

[ February 28, 2008, 02:15 PM: Message edited by: Team Legacy ]
Twitter: @ScottFantasy

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:34 am

Originally posted by Ted's Cracked Head:
Scott,

Do a baseball draft.

That will help you get over it. It is kind of like having someone whack you upside the head to help you forget about the pain in your foot. ;) ROFLMAO!

I actually really enjoyed the baseball draft last night Rob! I have another one next Wednesday, and dare I say that I am really looking forward to it!!!??? :eek:

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:13 pm

Originally posted by Team Legacy:
quote:Originally posted by Ted's Cracked Head:
Scott,

Do a baseball draft.

That will help you get over it. It is kind of like having someone whack you upside the head to help you forget about the pain in your foot. ;) I have NO ROOM for Fantasy Baseball. Tried it, hated it. Perry even helped me out with a player list pre-draft.

Honestly, with 5 dynasty leagues and a 6th started this year, I keep plenty busy.

I think this whole AFFL thing could be easily resolved if Greg and WCOFF would just pool together and pay everyone of us that is owed. Isn't that the OBama/Clinton way???
[/QUOTE]I think someone is hoping for that to happen. ;)

Jesse, Dustin and I will be together for three days of baseball drafts in Las Vegas two weeks from now and I trust we'll discuss this whole situation and how this will inevitably affect our businesses. They do things right over there and so do we. We've had several discussions here and we know the severity of this. But as far as we're concerned, AFFL and F+W couldn't be more dissimilar if we wanted to. We have over 800 employees, several hundred million dollars in annual sales, tens of millions in annual profits and we're audited every year so folks know the money is secured. The NFFC and the NFBC combined isn't even 1/2 of 1% of our companies revenues and there's plenty of cushion to cover even my dumbest mistakes. ;)

With any luck, we'll have an announcement shortly that will reassure our position in this market even more. It will be a good one and hopefully will show that the high-stakes market isn't going away, just changing for the better. The companies leading the way must make sure that something like this NEVER happens again. And I can assure you, it definitely will never happen here.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:46 pm

Patience is a virtue! (re: sponsorship)

The Ultimate Fighting Championship has been trying very hard for many years to get a mainstream sponsor to take it to the next level. They grew slowly, and eventually purchased their nearest competitor (PrideFC)...and just this week, BUDWEISER announced a "Bud Lite" sponsorship of the UFC!!!

BIG Step!

Patience and a great product with a growing fan base paid off!

I think the same will eventually happen here!

~Lance
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:18 pm

I heard somewhere today that CBS is negotiating a deal to televise MMA. Very interesting.

Could there be a day where FF aficionados are on TV in a reality series?

Let's see...

Fantasy Football Pros vs. Joes
Big Brother NFFC
Apprentice WCOFF
Are you smarter than an Ultimate Draft member?
Fantasy Football Island
Survivor FF-Vegas (Out Prepare, Out Draft, Out Manage)TM
Real World FF Express- A weekend in NY
Springer- "I'm better than you, you suck worse than me." (Featuring a couple of our MB regulars)

Just some ideas that come to mind... :cool:

[ February 28, 2008, 11:20 PM: Message edited by: ultimatefantasyfootballcheatsheets ]
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

Sound Advice

Post by Sound Advice » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:06 am

Originally posted by ultimatefantasyfootballcheatsheets:

Just some ideas that come to mind... :cool: And the Emmy goes to...

AFFL productions presents:
"The BillyWaz/Snake live debate, 2008."
Supernanny - moderator (and administer of discipline)
Dana Jacobson - language editor.

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:35 am

Originally posted by SNAKE:
quote:Originally posted by ultimatefantasyfootballcheatsheets:
I heard somewhere today that CBS is negotiating a deal to televise MMA. Very interesting.

Could there be a day where FF aficionados are on TV in a reality series?

Let's see...

Springer- "I'm better than you, you suck worse than me." (Featuring a couple of our MB regulars)

Just some ideas that come to mind... :cool: ...really, what a novel idea here, Cheat...SNAKE would certainly be looking forward to seeing you and Red Riding Hood do Springerbattle...SNAKE
[/QUOTE] We'd have to come up with some contrived reason to be battling, but it would be fun, regardless. I have no issues with Jules, so it would really be a reach. Maybe we could do one of Springer's famous food fights? :D

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:41 am

Originally posted by Sound Advice:
quote:Originally posted by ultimatefantasyfootballcheatsheets:

Just some ideas that come to mind... :cool: And the Emmy goes to...

AFFL productions presents:
"The BillyWaz/Snake live debate, 2008."
Supernanny - moderator (and administer of discipline)
Dana Jacobson - language editor. [/QUOTE]Maybe they could sell tickets and pay the proceeds to the winner?! Or not.