Potential Scoring Change

Mike Costaglio

Potential Scoring Change

Post by Mike Costaglio » Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:10 pm

How can so many be so wrong?
I don't know about the balance of the team owners in the NFFC but when I sent in my application and fee and did not withdraw that application and fee prior to the draft selection process I agreed and expected to play by the rules that were posted as of that date. Whether the scoring adjustment date was a typo or was meant to be as written, we all read and accepted those rules. It does not make any difference how minor an adjustment would be nor does it make it ok to change a rule because it makes sense. Changing the rules would be unacceptable not mention violate the honesty integrity of this competition. This is no different than accepting any other written agreement.
Finally I do not understand how those of you that have failed to get your way on this issue feel that you are then justified in presenting a personal attack on Greg, Tom, or anyone else that is in your way. This approach is absolutely classless and cowardly. Personally if this were my event those attackers would not be back in 2008. Who needs this BS? I do not know Greg and Tom personally but I have been involved in FF competitions for 25 years and it is my opinion that they put their heart and sole into making this event top shelf. If you cannot see that these guys really care and must hurt (big boys or not) from some of your posts then you are more self-centered than your messages indicate. I think that heart felt apologies are in order and past due.

Snake I agree kill this thread, maybe just shut down the message board, or maybe make the message board invitation only, let's see who the real players are.

sportsbettingman

Potential Scoring Change

Post by sportsbettingman » Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:25 pm

Locking a thread sucks.

Shredding a thread is worse.

Talking everything out is best.

~Lance
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

sportsbettingman

Potential Scoring Change

Post by sportsbettingman » Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:30 pm

When a thread is locked or deleted...the anger remains. (Often spilling over into other threads)

Talking/typing it out of your system is more healthy...as long as there remains mutual respect...which I'd guess there is here, when all is said and done.

~Lance
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

Tom Kessenich

Potential Scoring Change

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:15 am

I think everyone here has had their say on this issue and it's evolved into ... well who the hell knows at this point. In any event, as Greg and I have said repeatedly we welcome all suggestions about our rules and ways to enhance the event going forward. So to those of you who provided constructive and worthy suggestions in this thread we thank you and we ask that you continue to do so. Your input is valuable and it's a key reason why we've continued to grow this event and why we will continue to grow this event in the future.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich