Jules McLean Is Week 2 Winner

Shrink Attack

Post by Shrink Attack » Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:58 pm

Way to go, Jules!

I remember standing next to you right when you made the Julius Jones pick. You didn't like it all, and we talked about how it wasn't a "feel-good" pick.

How's it feeling now? ;)
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

weber7777

Post by weber7777 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:31 pm

good job.. thats a tough team to compete with..i look foward to seeing u in playoffs this year...with Westy, Mcnab, and Marshall myself..!!! great job!
Check out fantasy football blog

www.weberfantasyfootball.com

Hard heads

Post by Hard heads » Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:48 pm

Jules awesome job!
Eddie and Jules to of the finest members of this family win in week 2, that is awesome!

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:18 am

The Denver Broncos weren’t the only ones excited to have Brandon Marshall back from his one-game suspension in Week 2. But as talented as Marshall is, it’s doubtful anybody could have predicted the monstrous way he was going to open his 2008 season.

But neither the Broncos nor Jules McLean were going to argue with whether Marshall’s game was out of this world or just heavenly sent. After dropping 40.6 points, Marshall helped McLean’s Pimpin' Trigger Jr. team in Las Vegas League 5 lead the way in the NFFC Primetime event last week with 204.65 points.

Philip Rivers (37.65), Julius Jones (21.6), Earnest Graham (19.3) and Frank Gore (17.4) also had strong weeks.

“Having Brandon Marshall back from a one game suspension was the key aspect for a huge week,” Jules said. “Phillip Rivers going nuts was another aspect. How about that Darren Sproles making Rivers numbers look great.

“Julius Jones in my flex outperforms both Frank Gore and Earnest
Graham. What I'm most thrilled about is getting almost 14 points
from John Carlson. I spent $113 on him in free agency this week, so it was great getting production.”

A fantasy sports veteran, McLean picked ninth in the Primetime event and she took advantage of everything 3RR had to offer.

“From (the ninth) position and with 3RR I would go Running Back/Wide Receiver/Wide Receiver with my first three picks,” she said. “I loved the value you could get in the third round of a 12 teamer with 3RR. I took Steve Smith in the third, so I played Week 1 without my top two wide receivers.

“I just wanted to get through the first two weeks with decent point totals. With that in mind, I went wide receiver heavy, drafting Bowe in the fourth, Coles in the sixth and Kevin Walter in the eighth to compensate for my top two wide receivers missing time.

“I sacrificed a stud tight end when I pushed the pedal on WRs. Hopefully Carlson keeps getting targets and I won't have dug myself a tight end hole.”

McLean didn’t just focus on wide receivers early; she also held off on targeting a quarterback until the latter stages of her draft. So far, that strategy has also worked extremely well.

“I took Schaub in the ninth and Rivers in the 12th,” Both I view as pretty good value there.”

Jules lives in Los Angeles and works in the film industry. She also co-owns Fantasy Freakin' Football (www.fff-football.com). She has won NFFC league titles each of the past two years and has amassed more than $42,000 in career fantasy football earnings.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:22 am

Great week Jules! Congrats.
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

Robert Zarzycki

Post by Robert Zarzycki » Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:56 am

Jules u r so frikkin awesome. You go girl! -z-
Robert Zarzycki
Author of Drafting To Win & Fantasy Football's Big Six (AuthorHouse.com)

Surgically Enhanced TD's

Post by Surgically Enhanced TD's » Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:08 am

Whats the prize for most weekly point production?

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:24 am

We're still working to secure weekly prizes. Hopefully we can get that finalized soon. Stay tuned.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:41 am

Jules, you're my fantasy idol!
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."