I'm Depressed (Update I'm Not Quite As Depressed)

Shrink Attack

Re: I'm Depressed

Post by Shrink Attack » Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:28 pm

Tom Kessenich wrote:Scratch Isaac Redman off my list of RB2s I'd be looking at as I bail on the spot early. He's tentatively replaced by Kevin Smith. I say tentatively because I could see Smith's ADP really start to soar between now and the start of the season.
And then later you can tentatively replace Redman's spot on the DL with Smith! ;)
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:31 pm

Shrink Attack wrote:
Tom Kessenich wrote:Scratch Isaac Redman off my list of RB2s I'd be looking at as I bail on the spot early. He's tentatively replaced by Kevin Smith. I say tentatively because I could see Smith's ADP really start to soar between now and the start of the season.
And then later you can tentatively replace Redman's spot on the DL with Smith! ;)
Ha. Yeah I'm thinking the Waiver Wire is going to be a popular destination for RB help this year.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:10 am

After putting 20+ of our own drafts to bed last night I drafted in my big-money home league. As I said at the start of this thread, I hated the 11th pick but tried to make the best of it. I followed through with my plan of ignoring RBs after the first two rounds and was able to execute it. Whether I executed it with the proper players is the question. Here's my team:

QB-Michael Vick
QB-Ryan Fitzpatrick

RB-Jamaal Charles
RB-Ryan Williams
RB-Jonathan Stewart
RB-Jacquizz Rodgers

WR-Julio Jones
WR-Percy Harvin
WR-Vincent Jackson
WR-Lance Moore

TE-Jimmy Graham
TE-Ed Dickson
K-Dan Bailey
D-Packers
D-Bengals

I knew I wouldn't get a stud QB or top RB in the first so I was hoping Jones would fall and he did. I took Charles over MJD in the second (the historical issues of RBs and holdouts pushed me away from MJD) and then took Vick in the fourth. I love my WRs but I need to hit on Ryan Williams at RB for this plan to work. That's the risk involved in laying off RBs early or the "Upside-Down" approach to drafting. If you swing and miss at RB later, you're in trouble. But there's no question Williams and Stewart (if healthy) have a lot of upside and Rodgers is very intriguing in PPR formats although it pained me to take him over Pierre Thomas, who I love.

So how did I do folks? What do the experts here think? Have at it. :)
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

ALL-IN JD - Football

Post by ALL-IN JD - Football » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:21 am

Tom,

I like the team a lot although I would have gone with a much safer QB like Eli Manning. Vick getting hurt is inevitable. Not only do I love Williams and like Stewart a lot I believe (in my humble opinion of course) that J. Rogers will be a more man's Darren Sproles this year, when all is said and done. Turner is a fat toad that does not fit in their new break neck offense but Jacquizz sure does!! Good luck with the team.

Jeff

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:25 am

ALL-IN JD - Football wrote:Tom,

I like the team a lot although I would have gone with a much safer QB like Eli Manning. Vick getting hurt is inevitable. Not only do I love Williams and like Stewart a lot I believe (in my humble opinion of course) that J. Rogers will be a more man's Darren Sproles this year, when all is said and done. Turner is a fat toad that does not fit in their new break neck offense but Jacquizz sure does!! Good luck with the team.

Jeff
Eli went one pick ahead of Vick although I would've still gone with Vick if Eli was on the board. I agree with your point about Vick; he's a major risk. But there's no denying his upside when he does play and given my draft spot and the inherent difficulties of picking there without 3RR (shameless plug :D) I wanted to be as aggressive as possible. So while Vick definitely comes with risk I felt like he was the aggressive "play to win pick" to steal a phrase from my friend, John Hansen.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

76erfan

Re: I'm Depressed (Update I'm Not Quite As Depressed)

Post by 76erfan » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:38 am

wouldnt feel right without at least some packer representation on there. thank goodness you got the defense(hopefully late)

I like the WR alot....Vick has upside of course..but better be prepared to for Fitz to play a bunch(get foles if need be as well..he can throw)

14 teamer or 12?

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:46 am

12 teamer. Took the Packers' D in the third round.

:D

It was Vick or Romo. Both have upside; both have risks. I went with the guy who has more offensive weapons healthy at the present time. We'll see.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Beastmode

Post by Beastmode » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:49 am

How did Jimmy Graham last until round 3?! This has to be some sort of keeper thing, or else that is just insane!

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:02 am

Beastmode wrote:How did Jimmy Graham last until round 3?! This has to be some sort of keeper thing, or else that is just insane!
We keep one player who was drafted after the first three rounds the previous year. Graham was my keeper.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

thelunger

Post by thelunger » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:26 am

looks like vicks health and 1 or 2 of the williams,stewart,rodgers group stepping up will be key tom.i took fitz as my backup in my 12 team online based on his numbers before his arm issue that he played through last year and that sold me on him!really solid team from top to bottom.hopefully vicks flack jacket designers know there stuff! :)