Chris Johnson

BigBlueNation

Re: Chris Johnson

Post by BigBlueNation » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:40 pm

I understand what your saying Donny, you can't give up. I think the point is, if it doesn't get any better, he may be the first round bust of the year,. Unfortunately, SOMEBODY has to have that dubious distinction.
Bill Cleavenger
UK Wildcats...We don't rebuild, we "RELOAD"

DonnyG.

Post by DonnyG. » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:56 pm

mattjb wrote:
DonnyG. wrote:Wow. Absolutely way too many owners prematurely bailing on CJ after only TWO games played. You guys sound like stock market analysts and/or day traders on the "what have you done for me lately" train speeding towards financial ruin. I am not afraid and have no fear in predicting that he finishes as a top 5 RB at season's end. In fact I would like to go on record here as stating such. I find it incredible how so many seasoned and well experienced gamers here react emotionally and jump off the CJ Train with TWO games in the books and 11 left in the regular season, not to mention the playoffs Just absolutely incredulous. Where's the faith? Are you watching him run? He's not the problem. His HC is a former great on the OL and will straighten things out and soon. We shall absolutely see who gets the correct call here and I'm perfectly fine going against the grain and out on a lonely limb but please don't return the verdict after two measly, lousy weeks. That kind of reaction is typical, premature and emotional but not steeped in any logic nor rationale whatsoever. Sheesh. I for one am NOT panicking whatsoever. CJ owners out there take heed as things will indeed get a whole lot better and sooner rather than later. 8-)
Ah yes, this is the one. I am firmly in that little purple circle "Acceptance". More specifically, I have accepted the fact that CJ has put up two real stinkers that are now in the rear view mirror with a whole lot of jizz-jazz-jism coming his owner's way. Trust me. Stay tuned. 8-)

DonnyG.

Post by DonnyG. » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:00 pm

BigBlueNation wrote:I understand what your saying Donny, you can't give up. I think the point is, if it doesn't get any better, he may be the first round bust of the year,. Unfortunately, SOMEBODY has to have that dubious distinction.
That dubious distinction will go to Julio Jones.

FatPerez

Post by FatPerez » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:05 pm

Counting all of last season's games, and this young season's 2 games, CJ has averaged 13.2 fantasy pts/gm according to our scoring system. After all the pre-season hype of him being back to form, and looking quicker than ever drove his ADP up into the mid-1st round, I would say it's both logical and rational to form the opinion that SOMETHING is wrong. Not saying the system or the O-Line aren't to blame also, just sayin' for me, in an all to short fantasy football season, the reason WHY just doesn't matter. Let me put it this way, do any of you feel comfortable with your mid-1st round pick averaging 13.2 pts/gm?
"To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women."- Conan the Cimmerian

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:45 am

Welcome back:

With more snaps on the field, let the running lanes begin to open! :D

BigBlueNation

Post by BigBlueNation » Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:49 am

Sandman62 wrote:Welcome back:

With more snaps on the field, let the running lanes begin to open! :D
I hope CJ's first round status wasn't dependent on this knucklehead... ;)
Bill Cleavenger
UK Wildcats...We don't rebuild, we "RELOAD"

Shrink Attack

Post by Shrink Attack » Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:17 pm

DonnyG. wrote:
BigBlueNation wrote:I understand what your saying Donny, you can't give up. I think the point is, if it doesn't get any better, he may be the first round bust of the year,. Unfortunately, SOMEBODY has to have that dubious distinction.
Is that a joke? I choked on my scotch when I read that...
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:57 pm

ESPN, Matthew Berry's Love/Hate:

Chris Johnson, Titans:

First, the good news. It's not all his fault. Love this one that John Parolin dug up: Even though Johnson has only 21 yards rushing this year, he has 23 yards after contact. Hang on, let me add this up… yes, that means he has negative two yards BEFORE CONTACT. In other words, his average point of contact is behind the line of scrimmage. So hey … it's not all him!

Now the bad news: He still has to play with that offensive line, and the Lions run defense is sixth-best in terms of fewest yards after contact allowed.

DonnyG.

Post by DonnyG. » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:47 pm

Shrink Attack wrote:
DonnyG. wrote:
Is that a joke? I choked on my scotch when I read that...
No joke. As a matter of fact when I told my girlfriend (who is an avid ff player herself) in the midst of a particular carnal act she choked as well. The bottom line is that two chokers will not negate my fearless prediction.
Last edited by DonnyG. on Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DonnyG.

Post by DonnyG. » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:49 pm

Sandman62 wrote:ESPN, Matthew Berry's Love/Hate:

Chris Johnson, Titans:

First, the good news. It's not all his fault. Love this one that John Parolin dug up: Even though Johnson has only 21 yards rushing this year, he has 23 yards after contact. Hang on, let me add this up… yes, that means he has negative two yards BEFORE CONTACT. In other words, his average point of contact is behind the line of scrimmage. So hey … it's not all him!

Now the bad news: He still has to play with that offensive line, and the Lions run defense is sixth-best in terms of fewest yards after contact allowed.
This is what I have been saying all along as it's as plain to see as the pockmarks up and down Christopher Walken's right arm. ;)