Andre Brown

kjduke

Re: Andre Brown

Post by kjduke » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:13 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:This year in the NFFC Classic we increased rosters to 20 players from 19 to give owners a little more flexibility when dealing with the Thursday Night Game and the bye weeks. Some NFFC veterans specifically told me that they wouldn't play the Classic this year because of the increased roster size, saying it left nothing in free agency. I was surprised a bit by those responses and wondered if maybe we did deplete the FAAB pool too much in the Classic.

But in looking at this week's pickups, all 18 Classic Leagues had Andre Brown available and other top free agents like Daryl Richardson, Ramses Barden, Julian Edelman, Brandon Myers and Kellen Winslow were as available in the Classic as they were in the Primetime. Heck, even kickers like Blair Walsh were still available in the Classic Leagues.

I hope we didn't damage the Classic with the extra roster spot and we'll continue to watch FAAB going forward, but these unknown free agent wonders are just as much undrafted in 14 team leagues as they are in 12 team leagues and once again it's up to each owner to determine their values when they become available in their leagues.
I hadn't even noticed. The classic is always thinner than the 12 teamers but there have been plenty of guys to bid on.

On a different topic - in the NFBC this season you added "bid history" so we can see all of our failed bid results ... is that being added for the NFFC? It's useful.

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:38 pm

I agree with Greg. You are bidding on the same list of players in the Classic and the Prime Time. The 20 man roster is not an issue at all with waiver wire depth. A few teams will hold an extra defense, some will hold their backup QB. But overall it's the same group of guys to bid on.

Wayne

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:34 pm

kjduke wrote:
Greg Ambrosius wrote:This year in the NFFC Classic we increased rosters to 20 players from 19 to give owners a little more flexibility when dealing with the Thursday Night Game and the bye weeks. Some NFFC veterans specifically told me that they wouldn't play the Classic this year because of the increased roster size, saying it left nothing in free agency. I was surprised a bit by those responses and wondered if maybe we did deplete the FAAB pool too much in the Classic.

But in looking at this week's pickups, all 18 Classic Leagues had Andre Brown available and other top free agents like Daryl Richardson, Ramses Barden, Julian Edelman, Brandon Myers and Kellen Winslow were as available in the Classic as they were in the Primetime. Heck, even kickers like Blair Walsh were still available in the Classic Leagues.

I hope we didn't damage the Classic with the extra roster spot and we'll continue to watch FAAB going forward, but these unknown free agent wonders are just as much undrafted in 14 team leagues as they are in 12 team leagues and once again it's up to each owner to determine their values when they become available in their leagues.
I hadn't even noticed. The classic is always thinner than the 12 teamers but there have been plenty of guys to bid on.

On a different topic - in the NFBC this season you added "bid history" so we can see all of our failed bid results ... is that being added for the NFFC? It's useful.
Yes, it's being worked on in this next upgrade and should be among the next enhancements you see in the NFFC. That is very useful and we will be adding it soon.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

rkulaski

Post by rkulaski » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:49 pm

wiljiro wrote:Gotta be honest with you guys....

I am much happier with my Barden for $2 than I am jealous of the guys that got Brown for $700+.......;)

W
Well depends upon your needs. We lost Fred Jackson in the OC and desperately needed a RB. It's 477 well spent IMHO.
But I see your point and $2 for Barden last night is $2 very well spent. Great pickup if u played him last night.

Sabretooth

Post by Sabretooth » Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:13 am

Wow! somebody actually gave that as their reason for not playing in the classic? No greg you didn't damage the classic by adding an extra round. There are always less free agent's available in a 14 team draft than a 12. And with brown,myers,bardenricdardson..etc there seems to be plenty players emerging.
And I got andre brown in 3 out of 4 NFFC leagues and have no regrets. If I just get 2 more big weeks out of him I'll feel great about the buy.

Jersey Dawg

Post by Jersey Dawg » Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:09 pm

I got Brown in a bunch of leagues and used him over Charles and CJ(0)K in my main event. Did I over pay? Probably. But, the last time I looked, Greg was not giving us any of the unspent $1,000 fantasy bucks at the end of the season. I still have enough money to grab extra kickers, defenses etc as the remaining 10 weeks go by. It's not like baseball, where the season lasts 6 months and players change teams and fall call-ups emerge. It's a sprint to week 13. Keep your money and let me get the guys I need. Thanks.

Pete