NFFC Rules Discussion For 2013

King of Queens

Re: NFFC Rules Discussion For 2013

Post by King of Queens » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:34 am

Sometimes a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. With this in mind, bid accordingly on Wednesday.

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:54 am

Understood. I was just trying to clarify the downside of the split FAAB that Jack asked about.

I think a big part of this decision is weighing that inability to bid on all players at once (Cocktails point) vs. the decisions we've sometimes been forced to make on Wed. that we wouldn't have on Fri. - i.e. overspending on Tashard Choice because on Wed. FJax or Spiller were questionable, only to learn that by Fri. they'd practiced two more times and are likely to play, and our Choice on Wed. ended up being an unfortunate "Choice". :P

Jack_Bauer

Post by Jack_Bauer » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:29 am

sandman,

Thanks for the post. In my previous post I mentioned agreeing with Cocktails about that issue. I guess I worded my question poorly. I meant to ask if there is any other problem with running the full faab later other than the one I already agreed with Cocktails on. My mistake.

I guess my point is no matter which way you do it there is going to be some issue that makes the faab process more cloudy than in the past. I am trying to determine the lesser of the evils.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:13 am

Jack_Bauer wrote:I guess my point is no matter which way you do it there is going to be some issue that makes the faab process more cloudy than in the past. I am trying to determine the lesser of the evils.
It is a good discussion and solid points have been made. I put this out there to get as many viewpoints as possible. Keep 'em coming and if there is no solid consensus to change we won't change. But we'll determine that through the survey, not just the message board. I'm not looking to change the rules just for change; I'm asking YOU folks to tell me which FAAB system is the best for YOUR TIME. That's what we're trying to achieve with this rule and all of our rules.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:18 am

Sandman62 wrote:Understood. I was just trying to clarify the downside of the split FAAB that Jack asked about.

I think a big part of this decision is weighing that inability to bid on all players at once (Cocktails point) vs. the decisions we've sometimes been forced to make on Wed. that we wouldn't have on Fri. - i.e. overspending on Tashard Choice because on Wed. FJax or Spiller were questionable, only to learn that by Fri. they'd practiced two more times and are likely to play, and our Choice on Wed. ended up being an unfortunate "Choice". :P
Exactly. As Jack_Bauer put it, we will have to decide the lesser of two evils. Seems there's a split opinion on that, so it should be an interesting vote.

I should add that the Wednesday full-on FAAB becomes less of an issue late in the season as the pool of free agents dries up. As a result, for many owners, the way you feel now may be very different than you did in Week 6 or 7.

ulbkumn

Post by ulbkumn » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:05 pm

Is there anyway to give receivers and QBs yards for pass interference?

got heeem

Post by got heeem » Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:41 pm

ulbkumn wrote:Is there anyway to give receivers and QBs yards for pass interference?
come on now this is as bad as the earlier guy wanting to go back to the beginnings of fantasy and give kickers just 3 pts .

Getpaddled

Post by Getpaddled » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:17 pm

Just found out Hernandez is not playing tomorrow and D. Allen my other TE played on Thursday... Sure wish I could pick up a TE before tomorrow...

(first come first serve free agents from after 2nd ww to kickoff on Sunday?)
Greg Dietzler AKA Letter Pusher
Fantasy Football Genius & FPA supporter
Twitter: @Getpaddled

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:37 pm

Getpaddled wrote:Just found out Hernandez is not playing tomorrow and D. Allen my other TE played on Thursday... Sure wish I could pick up a TE before tomorrow...

This leads into an idea that was brought up previously, switching the Friday FAAB to Saturday night. I see no good reason why this idea shouldn't be adopted.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:40 pm

Glenneration X wrote:
Getpaddled wrote:Just found out Hernandez is not playing tomorrow and D. Allen my other TE played on Thursday... Sure wish I could pick up a TE before tomorrow...

This leads into an idea that was brought up previously, switching the Friday FAAB to Saturday night. I see no good reason why this idea shouldn't be adopted.
Most updated info by 10:00 PM on Saturday........... makes a whole lot of sense to me! :D