Our Decision On Owner Cutting Entire NFFC Team

chriseibl

Re: Our Decision On Owner Cutting Entire NFFC Team

Post by chriseibl » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:39 pm

mattjb wrote:
DonnyG. wrote:
kjduke wrote:No cut lists don't work well because player values can change too quickly - commisioner judgement works better. In this case because the drops were based entirely on something other than player evaluation, I think reversing the whole thing would have been more appropriate, regardless of which players are available elsewhere. That gives the owner a chance next week to make legitimate decisions which will play out more fairly for the league. Probably doesn't matter much for this league, but next time it might.

I'm more concerned about disruptive players, past and present, that are allowed to come back and given the opportunity to do more damage. Also, BWaz should not in any way be lumped in with the guy from last season who made relentless offensive posts in the Diamond League against your best customers and the NFFC. Billy (among others) got sucked into a no-win argument with him and nothing else, and I doubt anyone here has a shred of contempt for him which is as opposite as can be from youknowwho.
I don't know about youknowwho and what he might have or might not have done in the past allegedly but I do think that calling out anyone who does not have a chance to respond in kind to an allegation is a classless, low-blow and all too easy a thing to do. Any person who chooses to use such a cheap tactic like this example here must have his values, morals, standard of fair play and very core called into question himself. Just my opinion.
amazing that after last year this post is here in all its glory. laughable.
yes, just hiss unbiassssssssssed opinion.

RedRyder

Post by RedRyder » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:50 pm

DonnyG. wrote:
kjduke wrote:No cut lists don't work well because player values can change too quickly - commisioner judgement works better. In this case because the drops were based entirely on something other than player evaluation, I think reversing the whole thing would have been more appropriate, regardless of which players are available elsewhere. That gives the owner a chance next week to make legitimate decisions which will play out more fairly for the league. Probably doesn't matter much for this league, but next time it might.

I'm more concerned about disruptive players, past and present, that are allowed to come back and given the opportunity to do more damage. Also, BWaz should not in any way be lumped in with the guy from last season who made relentless offensive posts in the Diamond League against your best customers and the NFFC. Billy (among others) got sucked into a no-win argument with him and nothing else, and I doubt anyone here has a shred of contempt for him which is as opposite as can be from youknowwho.
I don't know about youknowwho and what he might have or might not have done in the past allegedly but I do think that calling out anyone who does not have a chance to respond in kind to an allegation is a classless, low-blow and all too easy a thing to do. Any person who chooses to use such a cheap tactic like this example here must have his values, morals, standard of fair play and very core called into question himself. Just my opinion.
I was in the Diamond League last year and like another poster I was told Snake would not be allowed to play in this contest again. There is no "allegedly" DonnyG and I have the screenshots to prove it. I've seen a lot in my years, but nothing as vulgar and offensive as what he posted.

What is a real shame is that this is still a sensitive subject to many (and to many it is not, I'll give you that)...a whole year later!

I agree with many of the sentiments posted by Blackhand, Sandman62,BWaz, Coltsfan, Old School, KJDuke and mattjb. Some good points made.
@RedRyder

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:12 am

Sandman62 wrote:I'd like to understand the precedent being set here, as I really thought it would've been so much easier to not head down this gray path.

Which of these players should be undroppable?
1. Has averaged 12.0 PPG his last 6 games and just lost his starting QB indefinitely. Over the next 6 games, he'll face the 8th, 14th, 19th, 21st, 25th and 25th defenses against his position.
2. Has averaged 10.3 PPG his last 6 games and the player directly in front of him missed practice Wed and Thu and returned limited today. Over the next 6 games, he'll face the 6th, 10th, 16th, 20th, 26th and 30th defenses against his position.
3. Has averaged 8.2 PPG his last 6 games. Over the next 6 games, he'll face the 2nd, 6th, 13th, 15th, 21st and 23rd defenses against his position.

Player 1 is Heath Miller = undroppable.
Player 2 is Ronnie Brown = droppable.
Player 3 is BenJarvus Green-Ellis = undroppable.

Isn't this exactly the type of dilemma you've purposely avoided for nine years?
Some more droppable/undroppable questions.

Are ALL of these players undroppable? If just one, why? Are you still going by preseason draft status after 10 games have been played?

WRs
PPG Player
13.9 Andre  Roberts
13.8 Lance  Moore
13.0 Andre  Johnson
13.0 Mike  Williams
12.6 Malcom  Floyd
12.2 Steve  Smith
12.0 Brandon  Lloyd
11.9 Sidney  Rice
11.9 Cecil  Shorts
11.5 Golden  Tate

RBs
PPG Player
12.0 Shonn  Greene
11.2 Michael  Turner
10.1 Joique  Bell
10.0 Steven  Jackson
9.9 Danny  Woodhead
9.7 BenJarvus  Green-Ellis
9.6 Ronnie  Brown
9.4 Felix  Jones
8.5 Rashad  Jennings
8.4 Dexter  McCluster
8.3 Jonathan  Stewart
8.1 Jacquizz  Rodgers
8.1 LaRod  Stephens-Howling
8.0 Daniel  Thomas
8.0 Pierre  Thomas

TEs
13.7 Heath  Miller
12.3 Greg  Olsen
11.7 Brandon  Myers
11.0 Jermaine  Gresham
10.7 Antonio  Gates
10.5 Brandon  Pettigrew
10.3 Vernon  Davis
10.2 Dennis  Pitta
10.2 Kyle  Rudolph

Or was it just that the sheer volume of players dropped constituted an act so disruptive and disrespectful that you indeed ruled "sabotage"? If so, then per rules, the player must be disqualified (which really isn't much of a penalty at all, being DQ'ed from a league he obviously no longer cares about; but that's a whole different issue).

The point I'm trying to make is that these types of questions could've been avoided if this decision were handled much like local leagues handle commissioner-only trade reviews:

Is foul play (collusion) suspected?
1. No – Approve the entire trade.
Don’t reject just some of the players involved and allow others; it’s all or none. That removes the commissioner’s subjective player opinions from the equation and provides them protection against claims of inconsistency, favoritism or impartiality in future trades. It also allows you to maintain your longstanding precedent to let owners manage their teams as they see fit.
2. Yes – Reject the entire trade
I only had to do this once in the 8 or 9 years I ran a local league. And on top of undoing their damage, there were penalties: they were disqualified from continuing to manage their team that year and they weren’t invited back the next year. And their team was locked and decisions made and new rules documented on how best to set their lineup for the rest of the season. After a year off, one of them did ask to return and was allowed. The other never did. Good riddance.

Shrink Attack

Post by Shrink Attack » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:31 am

DonnyG. wrote:

Aren't you responding now, Glenn?

You would think that after what Greg posted about Billy you would keep your mouth shut, but you just can't help yourself, now can you?
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:11 am

Snake, please slither back under whatever rock you've been under and leave this thread for the topic at hand. I'd hate to see it locked because you took it on a personal tangent.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:24 am

If Donny G is SNAKE -- and it sure looks like it by that post -- then I look dumber than Mike thinks I do by my decision here. I trusted him NOT TO POST AT ALL this year. Dumbass me. Donny G will be blocked if it's him and we will continue to block any other attempts for him to post again. He has been allowed to JUST PLAY.

People want me to kick players out of the NFFC. I understand why after what happened in the Diamond League last year. But I did trust someone -- someone who is a multiple league champ and has earned his chops in our game -- to not post at all. I guess my trust was broken again.

I don't want this thread to get turned to another subject and that's what I said to Billy in a private message. I'm willing to discuss the actions of our drops decision, not have an important thread hijacked by something else. Let's move past the slithering and stay on topic.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

thelunger

Post by thelunger » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:20 am

as a first year player in the nffc i have a few opinions about everything that i have been reading.first of all i commend greg and tom for staying involved in these discussions.they could just as easily not responded and i respect that.i believe the offender should have been dealt with more harshly(maybe a 1 year ban or deduct there entry fee from future winnings or something to that effect).the thing that stands out the most is the passion and competitive spirit in these posts.i feel the same way about anything that i compete in and its good to see others do as well.not to make light of any of this but it does make for some good reading and i am officially hooked!

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:19 am

thelunger wrote:as a first year player in the nffc i have a few opinions about everything that i have been reading.first of all i commend greg and tom for staying involved in these discussions.they could just as easily not responded and i respect that.i believe the offender should have been dealt with more harshly(maybe a 1 year ban or deduct there entry fee from future winnings or something to that effect).the thing that stands out the most is the passion and competitive spirit in these posts.i feel the same way about anything that i compete in and its good to see others do as well.not to make light of any of this but it does make for some good reading and i am officially hooked!

There's no lack of passion here lunger! haha

Wayne

got heeem

Post by got heeem » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:27 am

thelunger wrote:as a first year player in the nffc i have a few opinions about everything that i have been reading.first of all i commend greg and tom for staying involved in these discussions.they could just as easily not responded and i respect that.i believe the offender should have been dealt with more harshly(maybe a 1 year ban or deduct there entry fee from future winnings or something to that effect).the thing that stands out the most is the passion and competitive spirit in these posts.i feel the same way about anything that i compete in and its good to see others do as well.not to make light of any of this but it does make for some good reading and i am officially hooked!
as a first year guy what is the hardest part of playing here ? iyo is it the faab bidding . good players . draft . my son did a team and finds the faab the hardest . would like to know your opinion lunger .

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:46 am

got heeem wrote:as a first year guy what is the hardest part of playing here ? iyo is it the faab bidding . good players . draft . my son did a team and finds the faab the hardest . would like to know your opinion lunger .
With all due respect, please start a separate thread for this so that this important thread can remain on topic. Thank you.