I hate this time of the year...

Money

Re: I hate this time of the year...

Post by Money » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:03 pm

JETS SB wrote:
HOF wrote:
mattjb wrote:I honestly don't think people understand how the standings work. A Team in my primetime league has a crappy h2h record but is 4th in total points and has every chance to make the play-offs...today started a player on a bye.
That is crazy....lol.I $350 is a nice chunk of change for me and I just dont understand how peeps give up in a big time money contest like this.....unless money is just not a factor anymore for some.
This is a $1,500 league!!
I don't think the cost of the league has anything to do with giving up. If a player is prone to quitting they are prone to quitting. In an Ultimate league today a team has 156 points with Adrian Pedersen left to go, the problem is Adrian Pedersen doesn't play this week. The team was about 90 points out of a playoff spot, but still 3 weeks like this week and you're right there.

With that said I do believe that some folks forget or get distracted and it leads to some of these situations.
Joe

ForLoveOfTheGame

Re: I hate this time of the year...

Post by ForLoveOfTheGame » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:05 pm

If you change it to all play where the top score goes 11-0 and the bottom score goes 0-11 (and so on) at least everyone would get the benefit of the team(s) who quit and start hurt / bye players. I'm also in a league where the first place guy had a very down week but he got to go against a team with Hakeem Nicks in (he's on bye) while his bench had plenty of good scores on it and would have won with almost any other player in. At least that is fair, not am I lucky enough to play vs the team(s) who have given up the last few weeks. So there is a solution but so many people love the luck of head to head...