Saints vs Falcons Tonight

Toscano

Re: Saints vs Falcons Tonight

Post by Toscano » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:34 am

Shrink Attack wrote:It's all because the level of play on Thursday night is simply not up to par. These teams get three days of rest, hardly practice, and are ill-prepared and out of sync.

In short, Thursday night games suck for a reason. Meanwhile, my Fantasy season is circling the drain with Ryan, Brees, Sproles, Roddy, and Colston all coming up short and costing me a shot at winning my leagues.

Thanks a lot, NFL.
So what was the Patriots excuse last week?

There's no crying in fantasy football. Better luck next year.

Jack_Bauer

Post by Jack_Bauer » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:55 am

King of Queens wrote:Here are the scores from tonight, with the stats from Week 10's NO/ATL game in parentheses:

Moore 19.3 (16.1)
Gonzalez 15.8 (35.2)
Bryant 15 (9.7)
Turner 15 (1.5)
Ryan 14.05 (37.75)
Colston 13.1 (11.6)
ATL DST 13.0 (3.0)
Brees 12.05 (31.8)
Graham 9.9 (33.6)
Thomas 9.9 (2.6)
Jones 9.8 (11.5)
Sproles 9.7 (DNP)
Hartley 9.2 (7.1)
Ingram 8.2 (6.7)
Rodgers 5.9 (10.2)
White 3.0 (18.4)
NO DST 3.0 (3.0)
Ivory 0.4 (15.5)

TOTAL 186.3 (255.25)

27% fewer fantasy points just three weeks later -- exactly as we all expected!
One of my pet peeves about fantasy football analysis from some of the "experts" has always been the stunning amount of times they will reference what player X did vs team Y "last time" they played, or last year or over the last several years as if that in any way predicts anything.

If the Saints and Falcons played again tomorrow the score might be 35-34. Each game is its own entity. Each game evolves with a life of it's own. Game planning can impact how things break down... weather...play calling can impacts thing... say the Falcons call a weak side screen to Jacquizz at the same time the Saints blitz from that side? All of a sudden Ryan as a 45 yard TD, Rodgers has a 45 yard TD, Bryant loses out on a Field Goal, 4 minutes of time doesn't disappear before the Saints get the ball back and the game breaks a certain way from there.

But you can rest assured that numerous fantasy sites will be touting Mike Wallace as a great play vs the Ravens this week because the last 3 times he played them he did well (Making things up here, I am not sure that he did) while ignoring that Charlie Batch is the QB and Wallace is mildly in the doghouse with the Steelers staff and could be losing time to Sanders.

Just a pet peeve.

Old School

Post by Old School » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:05 am

Shrink Attack wrote:It's all because the level of play on Thursday night is simply not up to par. These teams get three days of rest, hardly practice, and are ill-prepared and out of sync.

In short, Thursday night games suck for a reason. Meanwhile, my Fantasy season is circling the drain with Ryan, Brees, Sproles, Roddy, and Colston all coming up short and costing me a shot at winning my leagues.

Thanks a lot, NFL.
This is correct. I'm not really surprised about last night. The Saints played the Niners just a few says earlier who physically slapped them around. Having to come back and play thursday affected them, especially the offense.

JD CUBE

Post by JD CUBE » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:22 am

Please God, let them get their shit together by next Sunday. I couldn't sleep last night and suddenly hate ff.

CoMoHusker

Post by CoMoHusker » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:59 pm

Toscano wrote:

Thanks a lot, NFL.
So what was the Patriots excuse last week?

There's no crying in fantasy football. Better luck next year.
Brees throwing 5 INT's had nothing to do with playing on Thursday night. He just made horrible throws! Those same throws would have gotten him in trouble if he would have had two weeks to prepare. A vet like Brees just stunk it up, plain and simple.

As stated above, Tom Brady and the Patriots didn't seem to suffer one bit playing on a Thursday. Cowboys and Lions players put up stellar FFB stats while playing on Thursday as well.
Go Big Red!