Playoff Hunt

particra

Re: Playoff Hunt

Post by particra » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:06 pm

BillyWaz wrote:
particra wrote:By starting Matthews instead of Forte and Walsh over Zuerlein, I cost myself 19.2 points and my chance at a PT WC spot.

Also, I'm probably going to finish 2nd in the Sports Draft Daily contest....to effing Jupinka. I hate that guy so much.
I can understand the kickers, but can I ask why you chose Mathews over Forte? My only guess is Forte's injury?

Ryan Mathews is easily the most over-hyped player in the history of fantasy football. And this year, it doesn't even have to do with injuries!

I'm sure he will somehow creep into the 2nd round again next year. :?
Yep. Forte injury, tough defense. And the fact that Matthews has outscored Forte three straight weeks (Forte has sucked to be honest). In reality, the difference between them came down to a 5 yard TD pass where Forte lined up as a WR.

David U Kennedy

Re: Playoff Hunt

Post by David U Kennedy » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:29 pm

particra wrote:
BillyWaz wrote:
particra wrote:By starting Matthews instead of Forte and Walsh over Zuerlein, I cost myself 19.2 points and my chance at a PT WC spot.

Also, I'm probably going to finish 2nd in the Sports Draft Daily contest....to effing Jupinka. I hate that guy so much.
I can understand the kickers, but can I ask why you chose Mathews over Forte? My only guess is Forte's injury?

Ryan Mathews is easily the most over-hyped player in the history of fantasy football. And this year, it doesn't even have to do with injuries!

I'm sure he will somehow creep into the 2nd round again next year. :?
Yep. Forte injury, tough defense. And the fact that Matthews has outscored Forte three straight weeks (Forte has sucked to be honest). In reality, the difference between them came down to a 5 yard TD pass where Forte lined up as a WR.
I know Forte has had a up n down career but Mathews would fit the over-hyped tag much more. Never have drafted him and probably never will. I watched some of that game and the announcers said his vision as a runner isnt there nor is he patient enough to set up his blocks. The guy just cant play.
Most overhyped fantasy player I would give to a Shanahan RB. Unless their names are Davis, Portis, or Morris.