NFFC Plans For Our 10th Anniversary Season In 2013

RedRyder

Re: NFFC Plans For Our 10th Anniversary Season In 2013

Post by RedRyder » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:37 am

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
RedRyder wrote:Is the prize money for the combined standings taken out of our entry fees? I never follow the combined standings and from reading the posts, don't even understand how they work now. Are they that much of a selling point? Are they really needed?

I have no problem with with the fee increase.
I'm not sure why Combined Prizes became the topic of conversation on this thread, but no they aren't. As I've explained on the NFBC boards where Joe took this discussion, they are less than 1% of total revenue for two contests and were always planned as an add-on promotional expense that actually lowered our bottom line. They are helpful and they do help us grow the two contests, but read for yourself on the NFBC boards:

http://nfbcforums.stats.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13208

Hopefully we can get back to feedback on 2013's plans.
I didn't see Joe's post before he deleted it and moved it to the NFBC boards, thus I did not know the Combined Standings were a sore spot for you. Sorry if you had to explain it twice, but I think I had a valid question, plus I don't play fantasy baseball, so why would I even think to look on the NFBC boards.

It became a topic because one of your contestants brought it up as a solution to a perceived problem. I commented on it because I didn't know how it works (still don't) or where the money came from (now I do)...really, again, valid questions. I shouldn't, nor others, be made to feel bad for bringing up a question.
@RedRyder

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:53 am

Certainly it's a worthy topic of discussion. It just seems more appropriate on its own thread.

NFFC prizes used to be 75% when we started just as WCOFF's prize pool was 75%. Through the years we've all crept over 80% and it's easy to do the math on 252 teams for the Classic and 420 teams for the Primetime and see that we are well above 80% for both plus the Online Championship. These add-on contests help the bottom line and don't take away from the league or overall prizes as suggested. They were taken off our bottom line, but in return we felt it would add more signups and add more teams, which it has done. We'll likely continue them because they work.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Jersey Dawg

Post by Jersey Dawg » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:38 pm

Greg - I am all for the increase in cost as you are pumping up the league prizes with the money. PLUS, you are offering a discount on the fees if we "say" we are playing by May.... You are not even taking our money until later in the year.... can anyone really ask for more??

While the NFFC will be celebrating it's 10th anniversary in 2013, my wife is coming to Vegas to do the draft with me for our 35th anniversary. I can't wait.

Pete

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:45 pm

Jersey Dawg wrote:You are not even taking our money until later in the year.... can anyone really ask for more??

While the NFFC will be celebrating it's 10th anniversary in 2013, my wife is coming to Vegas to do the draft with me for our 35th anniversary. I can't wait.

Pete
We don't need ANY payment until Aug. 1st!! We just need your commitment by May 1st!!

And Happy Anniversary Pete. If I recall, you did very well in Las Vegas for the Primetime (regular season high points leader if I recall) during your 30th wedding anniversary!! She's definitely a good luck charm!! :D
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:59 pm

Jack_Bauer wrote:I saw some banter (Billy waz mentioned it) in a past thread about a special league for players who have been with the NFFC since day one. Are there enough players like that to field a league?

1- THE_BLACKHAND
2-BWAZ
3-KOQ
4-KJ DUKE

14 Teams at 1,500 a man with 100% payout. you the man greg. :lol:
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

ForLoveOfTheGame

Post by ForLoveOfTheGame » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:30 pm

As someone who does many teams with the NFFC I can say this for sure: Every year for the last few years I've asked my brother "Do you want to do any teams at the FFPC?" and his response is the exact same every year: "Those are teams that could be THE ONE that leads to us winning the combined standings or a 75k bonus at the NFFC... so no"

I can say without a doubt that the combined standings and 75k bonus have gotten us to sign up for at least 25 more teams at NFFC over the last few years... the combined standings and 75k bonus are doing exactly what Greg says, bringing in more teams

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:47 pm

I have no problem with the fee increase as it sounds like it's being put back into the Overall prizes for the Classic and the league prizes for the Primetime, both which could use a boost in my mind. The discount for a May 1st commitment makes it all the better for the longtime player who is typically making early plans and therefore would be able to make a commitment that early. I think it benefits most of us that frequent these boards. I do wonder if it is the best way to "build" the contest however, since I would imagine that new players to High Stakes contests aren't thinking fantasy football in April and wouldn't benefit from the discount.

As far as increasing the cutline, I'd be against it as I don't think it's necessary. Guaranteeing the inclusion of all 3rd place league points finishers into the Overall would be more than enough in my mind.

In regards to the $75K bonus and combined standings and considering the fact that it comes out of the NFFC and NFBC bottom line, all I'll say is thanks and let's keep it as is. ;)

Lastly and most importantly, though I can appreciate a special 100% payback league for NFFC charter members going into their 10th season, I think one for 4 year vets would be even more meaningful. 8-) :mrgreen:

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:48 pm

BLACKHAND wrote:
Jack_Bauer wrote:I saw some banter (Billy waz mentioned it) in a past thread about a special league for players who have been with the NFFC since day one. Are there enough players like that to field a league?

1- THE_BLACKHAND
2-BWAZ
3-KOQ
4-KJ DUKE

14 Teams at 1,500 a man with 100% payout. you the man greg. :lol:
If other contests can do 100% for MULTIPLE LEAGUES, the NFFC can pony up at least one 100% payback league for their loyal customers! ;)

Yes Greg....I'm turning up the heat! ;) :lol:

BONGIZMO

Post by BONGIZMO » Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:08 pm

Add me to that private league boys as I enter year 10 too.

Scott
Never do card tricks for the people you play poker with.

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:01 pm

1- THE_BLACKHAND
2-BWAZ
3-KOQ
4-KJ DUKE
5-BONGIZMO
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN